HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Top 10 Goals of the Year - Schremp not mentioned

Old
04-06-2010, 05:11 PM
EnlightSouldier

vCash: 500
Top 10 Goals of the Year - Schremp not mentioned

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...=nhl-vidmod-hp

NHL.com lists their top 10 goals of the year... Any surprise that Crosby made the list, not once but twice, and they really weren't terribly impressive(at least not goal of the year material). When I think goal of the year, I'm picturing crazy goals you wouldn't see as just the result of hard work...

With that being said, how can Schremps catch/drop/swat goal not make the list, absolutely ridiculous.

EnlightSouldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 05:21 PM
crashthenet

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnlightSouldier View Post
http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...=nhl-vidmod-hp

NHL.com lists their top 10 goals of the year... Any surprise that Crosby made the list, not once but twice, and they really weren't terribly impressive(at least not goal of the year material). When I think goal of the year, I'm picturing crazy goals you wouldn't see as just the result of hard work...

With that being said, how can Schremps catch/drop/swat goal not make the list, absolutely ridiculous.
Mildly suprised.

crashthenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 05:31 PM
Groin Of Bates

I actually was very surprised that it wasn't on the list. I do know that Islanders certainly aren't the marketable franchise these days, but that Schremp goal got a lot of notoriety when it first happened. When I saw the Hossa goal on it, I thought for sure Schremp would be on it. It was definitely in the top-3 this season for me (Hossa, Schremp, Stamkos), Islanders glasses off and aside.

Oh well.

Groin Of Bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 05:42 PM
NYI94wasaFLUKE9

i was a little upset with the snub. However i was not terribly shocked, Crosby's goals were good goals but imo in Billy Jaffes words " That was a sick play by Robbie Schremp." And its arguable whose was better between Hossa and Schremps. Homer glasses on i give it to Schremp

NYI94wasaFLUKE9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 06:01 PM
Renbarg

The Schremp goal wasn't even the play of the night on that night according to NHL on the Fly (I think it was the Rolo save in the very same game).

I think its pretty ridiculous. That was one of the best goals I have ever seen. The skill that it took was amazing. It was also very pleasing to the eye, the puck even went top shelf and was not rolling or anything like that.

I guess this sort of makes up for Shawn Bates getting the goal of the year in 2004 which was pretty bad (he fell down and swatted the puck in through the goalies pads while on his ass going towards the corner, it was meh for those who don't remember).

Renbarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 06:02 PM
Renbarg

Even with no Homer glasses, Hossa's swat came at ankle high which is not nearly as hard as trying to do it waste high and still get good wood on it.

Renbarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 12:25 AM
Augscura

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps527 View Post
The Schremp goal wasn't even the play of the night on that night according to NHL on the Fly (I think it was the Rolo save in the very same game).

I think its pretty ridiculous. That was one of the best goals I have ever seen. The skill that it took was amazing. It was also very pleasing to the eye, the puck even went top shelf and was not rolling or anything like that.

I guess this sort of makes up for Shawn Bates getting the goal of the year in 2004 which was pretty bad (he fell down and swatted the puck in through the goalies pads while on his ass going towards the corner, it was meh for those who don't remember).
I remember that goal. Schremp's was way better in my opinion.

Augscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 08:42 AM
potvin05

How about Tavares' goal in Carolina? The shot from the point on the power play that hit the boards behind the net and went back over the cage and JT calmly batted the puck in off the carom. I thought that goal could have been top 10 material myself.
Okposo scored one early in the season too when he pulled the string on a defenseman and then deked the goalie short side-to wrister coming off the wing. It was against Ottawa right at the beginning of the season. Saw the youtube video, it was on Volchenkov. Both, and the Schremp goal, were 3 special goals.

potvin05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 01:47 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
Captain Tavares

vCash: 50
that is stupid.

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 02:35 PM
Antidote

MacT picked Rob Schremp for play of the year on TSN. It was at the end of the "The Quiz" segment. "Absolutely. No Contest" He said.

The link is to the thread on the Oilers Board:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=760462

Antidote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 08:02 PM
bigtimehockeyfan

They never think things out over there on NHL.com. David Perron and Schremp's goals were 2 of 3 I thought would be in the top 5. They didn't even make the list.

bigtimehockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 08:07 PM
Tavares2TheRescue
#FireCapuano

First Comeau, now Schremp? That's 2 snubs this week!

Tavares2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote