HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Random Thought of the Day

Closed Thread

Old
04-08-2010, 07:12 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
pick your poison. If I fill out your forms, you pay out the wazoo, both for your insurance and my services. Pay me cash and only worry about your receipts if you exceed your deductible, and you get a discount. And im sorry but having those 4-5 jobs just to fill out papers is one of the reasons why everything is so expensive. If you want to save money on health care, it isnt going to come free. Jobs will be eliminated.
Or have the colleges reduce their tuition costs doctor's don't have to charge an arm and a leg to pay back $300,000-$500,000 loans

Old
04-08-2010, 09:47 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Only worry about your receipts if you exceed your deductible? How are you supposed to know you have met your deductible if you're not keeping up with the receipts? Many doctors are dealing with sick sick people. Those folks don't need to have to worry about piddling crap like making sure their 5 $50 and that $1300 thermal receipt haven't faded so that they can finally qualify for their 80-20 insurance. If the doctor's office submits a charge of $1550, the insurance company is going to deem that it's probably legitimate and the person submitting it will know how and where to send it via computer. Granny's $1300 bill is probably in a shoe box with $30,000 in other receipts because she can't read it and even if she could she's too ill to figure out how to submit the dang things.

So here's the poison back--I guess if doctors really want to cut out the middleman, maybe they should stop negotiating/working with insurance companies entirely, list all their services along with their prices a la Jiffy Lube, take a cash-only stance (maybe above a certain point you could allow for credit cards) and decide how to treat Billy when his mom doesn't have the $50 for you AND the $250 for the hearing tests. Hippocratic Oath and all. And docs will have to decide whether to stick to the list price or add to it when those dang biological humans have something outside the norm. Will you eat the cost or will you negotiate for the "ifs" up front? Can you ever anticipate all the ifs? Sure it's about expertise, but if everyone is ostensibly able to negotiate for better deals on a local basis instead of the insurance companies doing so, then you're a laborer and a contractor. We deal with this every day--"I'm paying you $500--you should have animated Toy Story for THAT" If everyone is paying out of pocket, doctors had better be ready to deal with the crap their 4-5 paid employees shielded from them in the past.

Old
04-08-2010, 11:22 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

THe biggest ***** about being a genius is not coming up with the ideas. It's getting people to listen.

Old
04-08-2010, 11:35 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Will I ever get a freaking champion? Vikings, Cardinals, Predators, Miami Redhawks. I freaking quit. UGHGHHGH

Old
04-09-2010, 08:47 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
Will I ever get a freaking champion? Vikings, Cardinals, Predators, Miami Redhawks. I freaking quit. UGHGHHGH
I'm a Boston fan and I had to suffer through the 80's and 90's. The bitterness of failure makes you appreciate the sweetness of victory.

Old
04-09-2010, 11:57 AM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
I'm with you.

Preds, Chargers, Padres, Clippers, UCLA football, WKU basketball.

not. ha. ppen. ing.

Old
04-09-2010, 12:08 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

I had a major health scare but I'm ok. I lost 80lbs and I found an unusual growth coming from my head. I was scared. I consulted a lot of people, hell, I even consulted Barry Trotz and he never saw it before. After hours of research I found out I have a "Neck". Believe it or not, lots of people have a "neck" and it's not benign! Great news! I'm thinking about starting a support group who find their neck. We need to pass the word that having a neck is not a scaqry thing but is perfectly normal.

Old
04-09-2010, 12:31 PM
Steelhead16

Quote:
Raiders (Al Davis)
Jaguars (Not good)

A's (No money but great at developing All Stars for other teams)

Sharks (Regular season champs!! Yay?)
Preds (Not yet)

Boise State Football (Not even in the BCS)

You are not alone my friend.

Old
04-09-2010, 02:56 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

HOLY ****!

Shrimp that shoot bubbles out of their claws at over 8,000 degrees... and kill things!!!

Old
04-09-2010, 03:25 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

I was crying today. Seriously, I found the greatest thing in the world. TRUE BBQ in Toronto.

Paul and Sandy'd Real Barbecue Co.
4925 Dundas Street West
Toronto, ON, Canada

I post this simply because these guys KNOW what REAL BBQ is and I want them to get paid. Smocked in hickory, KC style sauce. Wonderful cornbread. My eyes nearly rolled back into my head.

These guys shattered my rule of "All BBQ north of the Mason Dixon sucks."

Old
04-09-2010, 07:19 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
Only worry about your receipts if you exceed your deductible? How are you supposed to know you have met your deductible if you're not keeping up with the receipts? Many doctors are dealing with sick sick people. Those folks don't need to have to worry about piddling crap like making sure their 5 $50 and that $1300 thermal receipt haven't faded so that they can finally qualify for their 80-20 insurance. If the doctor's office submits a charge of $1550, the insurance company is going to deem that it's probably legitimate and the person submitting it will know how and where to send it via computer. Granny's $1300 bill is probably in a shoe box with $30,000 in other receipts because she can't read it and even if she could she's too ill to figure out how to submit the dang things.

So here's the poison back--I guess if doctors really want to cut out the middleman, maybe they should stop negotiating/working with insurance companies entirely, list all their services along with their prices a la Jiffy Lube, take a cash-only stance (maybe above a certain point you could allow for credit cards) and decide how to treat Billy when his mom doesn't have the $50 for you AND the $250 for the hearing tests. Hippocratic Oath and all. And docs will have to decide whether to stick to the list price or add to it when those dang biological humans have something outside the norm. Will you eat the cost or will you negotiate for the "ifs" up front? Can you ever anticipate all the ifs? Sure it's about expertise, but if everyone is ostensibly able to negotiate for better deals on a local basis instead of the insurance companies doing so, then you're a laborer and a contractor. We deal with this every day--"I'm paying you $500--you should have animated Toy Story for THAT" If everyone is paying out of pocket, doctors had better be ready to deal with the crap their 4-5 paid employees shielded from them in the past.
you're missing the point totally.

im talking cash for office visits like when you have a cold and things like that. probably 90% of the people wouldnt ever have more than a couple hundred dollars in medical expenses a year in those instances. Larger expenses and chronically ill people would be handled like they always have been. It would still be a huge win-win for both sides, because whats wrong with health insurance is its not really "insurance"..... True insurance is meant to cover you in the case of catastrophic loss... think homeowners insurance or auto insurance... you dont expect your auto insurance to pay for oil changes or for a broken alternator. You dont expect your homeowners insurance to pay for having your house painted or fixing a broken window. But health insurance is different....you buy it knowing you are going to use it, therefore it isnt really insurance its a money laundering/gambling/ extortion scheme that primarily benefits the insurance company and a few people who get catastrophically sick. The rest of us pay to cover for the 10% of the people who use 90% of the health care.

You pay your exhorbitant premium, and for that you still have to pay a copay up front. and your deductible, and then the 20%. So you're getting screwed. Meanwhile, in order to get paid for my services, instead of you paying for a service at the time its rendered like you do if you get your car serviced or repaired, or your house painted or your carpet cleaned, I have to submit all kinds of paperwork, and on top of that I have to agree to accept less than what I feel is appropriate just for the privilege of letting them pay me. And they can hold my money for up to 90 days without interest and I have no recourse and if i mischeck one box they can throw the whole thing out and start again.

So yes, most of us would gadly go to a cash only system, provided people do pay their bills, or make arrangements to do so. And we already do quite a bit of charity work knowing we wont get paid because that comes with the job... but it has its limits... so if you are having a heart attack or cancer, or a broken bone, you'll get treated even if you cant pay. But dont expect a nose job or to be seen three times in week for a head cold if you arent going to pay your bill. If your car needs repair do you expect the mechanic to buy the parts and do the repair for free if you cant afford it? When is the last time you walked into Kroger, and walked out with food and told them, I cant pay for this but having food is a "right" so too bad, maybe the government will eventually pay you about 40% of what you paid for this food.

And yes, if you pay cash you will be able to do what you do with any other cash business... if you dont like the service you get at one place, you dont go back, and that doctor loses your business. I guarantee you if more physicians had to compete for patients it would be better for everyone and I would fully support it.

/rant

Old
04-09-2010, 07:27 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
HOLY ****!

Shrimp that shoot bubbles out of their claws at over 8,000 degrees... and kill things!!!

they exaggerated. its not air bubbles, its a sound wave, and its that wave that stuns the prey. they are very loud though.

Old
04-10-2010, 12:31 AM
PhoneGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
I was crying today. Seriously, I found the greatest thing in the world. TRUE BBQ in Toronto.

4925 Dundas Street West
Toronto, ON, Canada

I post this simply because these guys KNOW what REAL BBQ is and I want them to get paid. Smocked in hickory, KC style sauce. Wonderful cornbread. My eyes nearly rolled back into my head.

Now why would anyone ruin perfectly good BBQ with a tomato-based sauce?? Put ketchup on your fries, not on your BBQ!!

Now a good vinegar based sauce....that's a different story altogether.

(btw, I make my own BBQ, hickory smoked and hand pulled, and also make my own sauce. It rocks. )

Old
04-10-2010, 12:36 AM
Que Sera Sera

Send a message via MSN to Que Sera Sera
Quote:

4925 Dundas Street West
Toronto, ON, Canada

Hah, I love that place.

Old
04-10-2010, 03:10 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Quote:
I've been pretty lucky...

Predators - well we're still relatively new.

Steelers - I've been alive for 2.

Penguins - Been alive for all 3.

Pirates - well over half my life they have been a losing team. Every frigging year I say I'm not going to, and yet every night in the summer (after my free baseball has been turned off after hockey season) I sit at the damn computer watching the MLB gameday thing. I watch the Pirates get a couple of runs, then the bull pen blow it in the 6th+ inning because no starter except Duke can go past 5 innings. Or like the past 2 days watching them go back to the same old Bucs while losing by a combined 19-3. Forget a title, I just want .500 one year.

Pitt Panthers - well I've seen a Big East basketball champion. That's as close to any National title as any sport at Pitt has been for a while.

Penn State - Seen them get screwed with a "co"- national champion title. Stupid Nebraska. (I was a fan until I went to Pitt and switched my allegiance but still semi root for them to win).

Old
04-10-2010, 09:11 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneGuy View Post
Now why would anyone ruin perfectly good BBQ with a tomato-based sauce?? Put ketchup on your fries, not on your BBQ!!

Now a good vinegar based sauce....that's a different story altogether.

(btw, I make my own BBQ, hickory smoked and hand pulled, and also make my own sauce. It rocks. )
We are talking BBQ, there's TX, KC, Carolina, Memphis, and the general permutations the happen in the south.

The guys are good, I want them to get paid so the next time someone is going to the HHOF up in TO I can do the tour and show you the sights and this will be on the western most end of the trip.

Old
04-10-2010, 10:08 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
I guess Im pretty lucky in that respect..

UK Wildcats(Ive seen 3 of the 7)

Cincinnati Reds (also have seen 3...75 is one of the best WS of all time)

Miami Dolphins (saw the perfect season)

Preds need to get with the program....

Old
04-11-2010, 10:34 PM
PhoneGuy

Quote:
We are talking BBQ, there's TX, KC, Carolina, Memphis, and the general permutations the happen in the south.

The guys are good, I want them to get paid so the next time someone is going to the HHOF up in TO I can do the tour and show you the sights and this will be on the western most end of the trip.
I know, I was just busting chops a bit. I do prefer the vinegar-based sauces, but can eat just about any good BBQ. Good to know there's good BBQ in TO, just in case I ever make it up that way.

Speaking of Memphis, I don't ever go to Memphis on Monday. Rendezvous is closed on Mondays.

Old
04-12-2010, 12:48 AM
ffwrx
Don't Blink!

Quote:
I had a major health scare but I'm ok. I lost 80lbs and I found an unusual growth coming from my head. I was scared. I consulted a lot of people, hell, I even consulted Barry Trotz and he never saw it before. After hours of research I found out I have a "Neck". Believe it or not, lots of people have a "neck" and it's not benign! Great news! I'm thinking about starting a support group who find their neck. We need to pass the word that having a neck is not a scaqry thing but is perfectly normal.
Hmm.... What is this neck that you speak of? I need to find one of those.

Old
04-12-2010, 06:53 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

What's the best way to tell your overly emotional mom that you are a guy and you seriously don't want to talk about **** because everytime he does it causes him PHYSICAL PAIN!

Old
04-12-2010, 06:55 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
What's the best way to tell your overly emotional mom that you are a guy and you seriously don't want to talk about **** because everytime he does it causes him PHYSICAL PAIN!
Just tell her you have to go. Wherever you go at that point is up to you but it's your safe place that you create. It's setting up boundaries of what you want as opposed to what she may want. This way, no one's feelings get hurt, hopefully.

Old
04-14-2010, 11:20 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
RTOTD: Fiddler has to play the Wings in the first round again....

Old
04-14-2010, 11:30 PM
predfan98

RTOTD............You go, Colorado announcers----they just called the red wings, those nasty red wings......

Old
04-15-2010, 01:27 AM
Wine Cups

I have found something that makes Viagra and Extndz irrelevant.

I just watched Detroit and SanJose lose a playoff game in the span of
30 minutes.

Wow, you should see the wood!

Bonus-knowing that Nichol isn't on the team love to take stupid penalties at key
moments in key games.

SCHHHhwwwang!

Old
04-15-2010, 01:36 AM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
random AND wrong..................

Closed Thread