HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#81: Flyers @ Rangers - April 9, 2010 - 7:00 PM (ET)

Old
04-09-2010, 07:32 AM
JSTAFF

vCash: 500
Kill the rags, forget about Avery. kill kill kill

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 07:33 AM
jb**

Which flyers team will show up? The lazy, inconsistent, no urgency, it is only 1 game , fold under pressure flyers? Or the ones who when they want to play well can?

Either way the key for them to win this game is getting lots of traffic in front of the Henrik. Take plenty of shots with said traffic. Crash the crease at every turn. If this involves taking a penalty then thats ok. They need to take him o ff his game as imo he doesnt like a lot of crease action

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 07:37 AM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Also, Phil Collins Dance Party:

As far as the game, just win. No excuses.

Kambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 07:46 AM
JSTAFF

My bold prediction:

If we score more goals than the Rangers and we will win, book it.

Old
04-09-2010, 08:15 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*

Posted this in the last GDT so hopefully we continue to "use it"

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 08:16 AM
Miss Mess

We're gonna win. I feel it in my bones.

Go Flyers!!!

Miss Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 08:21 AM
Kaktus*

rip their faces off..

Boucher better play well...

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 08:52 AM
Garbage Goal

I gained five pounds over the course of one day, had four hours of sleep, and my stomach has been bothering me since I woke up.

****ing win tonight.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 09:02 AM
Centauris*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
I gained five pounds over the course of one day, had four hours of sleep, and my stomach has been bothering me since I woke up.

****ing win tonight.
Why? did you eat at a giant buffet or something?

Centauris* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 09:06 AM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centauris View Post
Why? did you eat at a giant buffet or something?
I joined the military over the summer and my ship date for basic is next month. I need to maintain my weight because there's a minimum and maximum weight limit for every size. I'm dangerously close to my minimum and the Air Force is trying to kick anyone out that screws up so I can't drop the ball with this. My minimum is 155 and I was at 159 two days ago (minus clothes and such). I needed to gain about five pounds or so to be where I was at before and to be somewhat comfortable with my weight.

As it is I'm under-weight for my height (6' 4") because I'm still a 19-year old hormonal teenager. As it is I struggle to gain weight because I'm a 19-year old hormonal teenager. Pretty much the only ways for me to gain poundage is to pig out non-stop for a whole day and not do much or to use weight-gainers as supplements and still not do much.

I've found my metabolism to be similar to a rabid hyena on raw meat.

Old
04-09-2010, 09:16 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
I joined the military over the summer and my ship date for basic is next month. I need to maintain my weight because there's a minimum and maximum weight limit for every size. I'm dangerously close to my minimum and the Air Force is trying to kick anyone out that screws up so I can't drop the ball with this. My minimum is 155 and I was at 159 two days ago (minus clothes and such). I needed to gain about five pounds or so to be where I was at before and to be somewhat comfortable with my weight.

As it is I'm under-weight for my height (6' 4") because I'm still a 19-year old hormonal teenager. As it is I struggle to gain weight because I'm a 19-year old hormonal teenager. Pretty much the only ways for me to gain poundage is to pig out non-stop for a whole day and not do much or to use weight-gainers as supplements and still not do much.

Enjoy it while you have it, man.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 09:18 AM
facts

Long road to ruins Foo Fighters!

facts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 09:25 AM
bennysflyers16

vCash: 50
**** YA !!!!!!!!!!!!! Got a double poker game in my poker league for 12 hours on Saturday, please let me enjoy the day and win tonight !

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 09:27 AM
CNote
Get 'er done

I'm torn. Watch the game at home (on the couch) or on the road (at a bar with a couple of buddies). Damn.

CNote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 09:27 AM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:

Are you a skeleton?

Seriously though, good luck with everything man.

Kambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 09:30 AM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
Enjoy it while you have it, man.
What? My metabolism? I'm ****ing sick of it. It's preventing me from getting to a proper weight which, in turn, is getting in the way of my potential career and getting in shape. It's hard to get in shape when you're severely under-weight. You can be all muscle, but if you're 40 pounds under-weight it won't matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo View Post
Are you a skeleton?

Seriously though, good luck with everything man.
I thought you liked lanky guys anyway.

Haha. I was a skeleton before, but I'm looking better the more weight I get on.

Thanks for the best wishes, I appreciate it.

Old
04-09-2010, 09:31 AM
JSTAFF

6'4 155 holy batman eat some mcdonalds and pizza

Old
04-09-2010, 09:34 AM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFF View Post
6'4 155 holy batman eat some mcdonalds and pizza
You under-estimate my metabolism.

I can literally eat an entire large meat-lovers pizza for dinner and a bunch of ice cream and donuts for breakfast and lunch and I'll be lucky to gain more then one or two pounds by the next day.

By the way, I can actually eat a large meat-lovers pizza. Ate half of a large pie yesterday.

Old
04-09-2010, 09:36 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:

I can literally eat an entire large meat-lovers pizza for dinner and a bunch of ice cream and donuts for breakfast and lunch and I'll be lucky to gain more then one or two pounds by the next day.

By the way, I can actually eat a large meat-lovers pizza. Ate half of a large pie yesterday.
I am the same way. Though I'm only like 6'2 not 6'4. I eat horribly and don't really gain any weight

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 09:39 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
What? My metabolism? I'm ****ing sick of it. It's preventing me from getting to a proper weight which, in turn, is getting in the way of my potential career and getting in shape. It's hard to get in shape when you're severely under-weight. You can be all muscle, but if you're 40 pounds under-weight it won't matter.

I thought you liked lanky guys anyway.

Haha. I was a skeleton before, but I'm looking better the more weight I get on.

Thanks for the best wishes, I appreciate it.
Wait until you lose it. It will happen eventually.

Guess I'm just jealous. I'm only 22 and I have to kill myself at the gym to stay in shape. I was the fat kid in elementary school; not looking forward to going back to round shape as I get older.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 09:39 AM
billandsebastian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
I am the same way. Though I'm only like 6'2 not 6'4. I eat horribly and don't really gain any weight
I eat ****ing salads and run 3-4 miles a day and if I even think about cupcakes I wake up a pound heavier. I hate everyone.

billandsebastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 09:40 AM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Glad to have someone who can sympathize. It sucks even more when you're even taller though. =P

Anyways, I feel like I'm monopolizing the conversation in this GDT now. Might as well post my pre-game pump-up music. Straylight Run - Hands in the Sky, Shinedown - Sound of Madness, Sons of Anarchy them song.

Old
04-09-2010, 09:43 AM
haleks

Quote:

If you do workout to increase your muscle mass you'd gain weight. Muscle are heavier then fat. Do some heavy lifting with less repetition and not so much cardio or light lifting with lots of repetition (burn a lot of calorie without adding a lot of muscle mass).

You probably already know this. Just putting it out there.

haleks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 09:50 AM
claude boivin lives
flat out spectacular

Lots of Rangers fans in Anaheim this weekend.

Garbage Goal, are you eating at least 6 meals a day, every 2-3 hours? If not, you should start doing that. I know when I used to be damn skinny I'd talk about my eating habits just the way you are. I'd tell people how insanely fast my metabolism was and how I could eat tons of horrible food all day long and not gain any weight and all that. Eventually though, I learned some things and realized that my eating habits were not what they should have been for an attempt to gain weight. There's more to it than a lot of people think, especially for ectomorphs. Perhaps you're already aware of this stuff, but I have no idea whether you are or not so figured I'd mention it.

And as haleks said...you should be doing heavy lifting, and not much cardio. And when I say heavy lifting, I mean heavy ass lifting at the gym...no p90x bs like I am currently doing.

claude boivin lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 09:57 AM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by haleks View Post
If you do workout to increase your muscle mass you'd gain weight. Muscle are heavier then fat. Do some heavy lifting with less repetition and not so much cardio or light lifting with lots of repetition (burn a lot of calorie without adding a lot of muscle mass).

You probably already know this. Just putting it out there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude boivin lives View Post
Lots of Rangers fans in Anaheim this weekend.

Garbage Goal, are you eating at least 6 meals a day, every 2-3 hours? If not, you should start doing that. I know when I used to be damn skinny I'd talk about my eating habits just the way you are. I'd tell people how insanely fast my metabolism was and how I could eat tons of horrible food all day long and not gain any weight and all that. Eventually though, I learned some things and realized that my eating habits were not what they should have been for an attempt to gain weight. There's more to it than a lot of people think, especially for ectomorphs. Perhaps you're already aware of this stuff, but I have no idea whether you are or not so figured I'd mention it.

And as haleks said...you should be doing heavy lifting, and not much cardio. And when I say heavy lifting, I mean heavy ass lifting at the gym...no p90x bs like I am currently doing.
Don't have access to a gym or weights. Don't have that much freedom in choice of what I can eat.

I'm just concerned about keeping my weight up more then anything. I already meet the running requirements for the military, I just have to pass the push-up and sit-up tests.

Also, it's not like I'm all fat or anything. I try to stay in shape and keep my weight up without weights and stuff. Considering my weight I'm actually fine with my arm strength. The perfect way to describe me is lanky.