HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers @ Flyers

Closed Thread

Old
04-09-2010, 12:05 PM
coolasprICE

vCash: 500
This is how I see it....

If the Rangers win 2 and Flyers lose both.... We're in

If the Rangers win 1 in OT and win 1 game ... We're in (Habs are in on a tie breaker, we have more wins)

The only way we can miss is if the Flyers lose in OT on both games and the Habs lose. This will give the rangers and flyers more points than us.

Old
04-09-2010, 12:08 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
This is how I see it....

If the Rangers lose 1 in OT and win 1 game ... We're in (Habs are in on a tie breaker, we have more wins)

The only way we can miss is if the Flyers lose in OT on both games and the Habs lose. This will give the rangers and flyers more points than us.
fixed... (don't have the privilege to edit)

Old
04-09-2010, 12:09 PM
schumway2

I hope the Rangers win in overtime tonight. Just to see us sweat. What we deserve.

Old
04-09-2010, 12:14 PM
BJG

Quote:

Incorrect.

The Flyers only need to lose one in OT, not both. If we lose to the Leafs in this scenario, the Flyers are in on the tie-breaker.

Old
04-09-2010, 12:40 PM
aingaran
HFBoards Sponsor

Flyers have more wins (1st tie breaker) than the Habs.

If Habs lose to the Leafs, Rangers win both (2 x OT, or 1 OT+ 1 Regulation) where Flyers get at least 1 point -- Habs are out!

Old
04-09-2010, 01:34 PM
habtastic

Yes Philly, either win in regulation or lose both your games (of course, our Toronto game would be in between).

I'd rather they beat the rags.

so yeah, just blow out the rangers tonight. We're still waiting for the Habs to get back from Mars. No, make that Venus.

Old
04-09-2010, 01:41 PM
PunkinDrublic*

anyone else have the feeling that the Rangers are going to woop ass tonight and end up in OT on Sunday ?

Old
04-09-2010, 01:46 PM
xduckiex

It's obvious the worst case scenerio is going to happen. We'll be fighting for our playoff lives on Saturday and lose, it's written in the stars. That's just how this season is going. I fully expect NY to win tonight. Not to be a downer or anything haha

Old
04-09-2010, 01:58 PM
11Goat11
Inside her

Some of the "fans" around here are laughable. Sure Montreal hasn't played great in their attempt to clinch but that is what pressure can do to a team. Crappy NYI, Carolina, and Toronto have nothing to play for and 0 pressure to do anything these last games. It's easy to be loosy goosy and take chances not caring if you get scored on or not.

Seriously some of you guys are an embarrassment, at least the team is still fighting for a spot while half the team was injured half the year. If the Habs clinch tonight because the Rangers lose they earned that right and New York didn't, go Flyers.

Old
04-09-2010, 02:01 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Goat11 View Post
Some of the "fans" around here are laughable. Sure Montreal hasn't played great in their attempt to clinch but that is what pressure can do to a team. Crappy NYI, Carolina, and Toronto have nothing to play for and 0 pressure to do anything these last games. It's easy to be loosy goosy and take chances not caring if you get scored on or not.

Seriously some of you guys are an embarrassment, at least the team is still fighting for a spot while half the team was injured half the year. If the Habs clinch tonight because the Rangers lose they earned that right and New York didn't, go Flyers.
You can always find excuses. It's always harder to face the truth.

Old
04-09-2010, 02:04 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:

If they can't play under pressure, what the **** are they going to do in the playoffs ???????

Old
04-09-2010, 02:05 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
anyone else have the feeling that the Rangers are going to woop ass tonight and end up in OT on Sunday ?
I've had that feeling ever since we beat Buffalo...expressed it...was ridiculed. Just saying...people forget which team we pour our hearts into and how things usually go down. Most annoying thing - the % crap.

Old
04-09-2010, 02:11 PM
habtastic

Quote:

Ok, here's my take on the situation. The fact you needed the bare f'in minumum, Buffalo handed it to you by beating NY, you had those leads against the Islanders, couldn't do it, THIS LATE IN THE SEASON....nottttt coooool.

If the other teams are playing loosey goosey- have some killer instinct or some smart plays to use that to your advantage. We should in this case we winning all the one on one battles if the other team is playing with half a heart. We're not. The at least the team is fighting for a spot is exactly the problem. We shouldn't be. It should have been done two games ago. I'm all for us getting in by a hair and then new season, but we're not in yet and it is humiliating to see a bunch of very talented players play so badly at this time. Everyone in the league knows it. The leafs know it. Look at the Flyers board...they are actually figuring out that...OMG, the Habs STILL havn't clinched and can easily miss, wtf!?

Not that any of our opinions affect the team, but this whole laisez-faire attitude since the past two weeks has translated to the ice. GET IT DONE. You are a playoff team. Act like one.

Old
04-09-2010, 02:14 PM
11Goat11
Inside her

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
If they can't play under pressure, what the **** are they going to do in the playoffs ???????
Don't forget anyone they face in the playoffs has pressure on them as well. Defence are not pinching like crazy and not caring if they get odd man rushes against like Carolina last night. Even teams around Montreal trying to clinch are playing against teams that have things to lose, changes the whole dynamic.

I said it before these last 3 games, I would have preferred anyone in the league over these 3 teams for the last games, they have nothing to lose and will throw everything at you. Playoffs are different because teams can't be that aggressive, entirely different animal.

Old
04-09-2010, 02:30 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Rangers have the better goalie, both teams have fire power and the D edge probably goes to the Flyers. King Henry could win this home and home on his own, Montreal needs to take care of its own $H!T to get in!

I see the Rangers winning these two games.
I was sure the Rags would get in last week when we beat them and then saw they were playing the Wings which I was sure they would have lost,they ended up playing better and won scoring 5 on the Wings.Anything is possible and I really think these guys will go to OT

Old
04-09-2010, 02:33 PM
Habsfan18

I don't feel like reading through the whole thread, so I'll just ask it here. Is there any way we clinch tonight?

Old
04-09-2010, 02:37 PM
markov`

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Rangers win in ot.

Habs lose in regulation

Flyers win in ot

Golfing, because this team is terrible.
Actually in this scenario we'd still make the playoffs.

Old
04-09-2010, 02:38 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
I don't feel like reading through the whole thread, so I'll just ask it here. Is there any way we clinch tonight?
Flyers win

Old
04-09-2010, 02:55 PM
euphrates

quote from Yvon Pedneault

' Ils doivent gagner leurs deux derniers matchs contre Philadelphie. Par contre, si l’une de ses deux victoires est acquise en tir de barrage ou en surtemps, ça donne aux Flyers la possibilité de participer aux séries éliminatoires, et ça va obliger le Canadien à gagner ou à récolter un point contre les Leafs de Toronto demain soir'

Old
04-09-2010, 03:24 PM
mrfan

Quote:
This is how I see it....

If the Rangers win 1 in OT and win 1 game ... We're in (Habs are in on a tie breaker, we have more wins)

thats if habs lose in regular... If we lose in ot, that would give us 88 and we have the tie breaker, therefore rangers would be out.

Old
04-09-2010, 03:34 PM
markov`

Quote:

Seriously I thought I was the only one to think this way. Good to see I'm not alone lol

Old
04-09-2010, 03:40 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Don't forget anyone they face in the playoffs has pressure on them as well. Defence are not pinching like crazy and not caring if they get odd man rushes against like Carolina last night. Even teams around Montreal trying to clinch are playing against teams that have things to lose, changes the whole dynamic.

I said it before these last 3 games, I would have preferred anyone in the league over these 3 teams for the last games, they have nothing to lose and will throw everything at you. Playoffs are different because teams can't be that aggressive, entirely different animal.
I bet Carolina plays like crap against Boston and lose 8-0.

Old
04-09-2010, 03:46 PM
oleHABSole*

If Rangers get 3 out of 4 points we still make it?

Old
04-09-2010, 03:55 PM
Habsfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Flyers win
Does it have to be in regulation?

Old
04-09-2010, 03:57 PM
Magic33

Rangers will win tonight, possibly in ot. They are hot right now, and Lundqvist is an absolute beast in net. Lundqvist vs Boucher ... I take Lundqvist. Habs are in tough boys, not gonna be pretty. Although you have to admit, this playoff race is extremely exciting.

Closed Thread