HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Notices

Does Our Season Hab To Be Over???

Old
04-09-2010, 03:18 AM
imayagainknowanson
Jailbait

vCash: 500
Staal = another PPG season for him.

Third in career. 100 points in 82 games in 05-06, 82 points in 82 game in 07-08 and 70 pts in 69 games in 09-10.

Eric Staal 2005-2006 to 2009- 2010
397 games, 397 points.

wow.

It's not nothing new, everyone knows this, but when he want, Staal can dominate. He can be easily 90 point player almost every year.

imayagainknowanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 05:44 AM
Boom Boom Anton

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStar4Canes View Post
Just got back from the game and for you Rosie-haters and Draft Pick-whining/tank-hoping babies.....choke on it.

That was a fun game to be at. A buddy of mine asked if I wanted to go to the game and buy a couple of scalped tickets. Was able to get a ticket for $5 which is even better.

Great crowd and a great game to end the season at home on.

I know I've said this before, but I am really looking forward to 2 years from now when all of the youth on this team gets another year of experience and some of the veteran contracts expire. I really think the team can do some damage.

For me, anything at all next year is gravy. I have been a 26pack STH and am considering buying another 2 seats next year so I can be assured that I can get 2 more ASG tickets.

Would have to convince my wife that it is money well spent though

Boom Boom Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 07:24 AM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caniac4ever View Post
As badly as we needed to give up the points, that was one amazing game to be at. It felt really, really good to be able to walk away with a win for our last home game of the season. A+ shout out to the crowd. It was incredible for a game that meant essentially nothing to us. I despise summer and am ready for October next week...
I brought my 16-year-old brother-in-law to his first NHL game... couldn't have picked a better occasion. I was afraid the crowd would be small/listless/bitter or that the Canes would just tank the game. Instead it was the 180-degree opposite. Well done, bravo to the team and the crowd!

tarheelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 09:57 AM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

You suck. No poutine for you.

SergeConstantin74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 11:59 AM
caniac247

I'm glad the guys gave us an exciting game. Even though it could hurt our draft pick, I needed that game to end the season.

Chad's 1st goal was the absolute best. I think if he wasn't injured earlier in the year, he would have had a career year for sure. He is showing that he isn't just a scorer at the AHL level.

I did crack up during the face off before Staal's EN. Chad must have been telling him the plan. His mouth was going a mile a minute and Staal was just standing there with a ***** face grin. Glad to see Chad's plan worked

We should have Hat giveaway more often. Our percentage with seeing hat tricks on those nights are very high. Staal said he had no clue it was hat night until he saw them all hitting the ice, but I think he is lying. He knew.

And seriously, if Jamie McBain keeps up this pace next year. We could have a rookie of the year on our hands. Damn that kid impresses me more and more. Even saw Staal tell him 'great pass.' Am looking forward to seeing if he can take the Sutter route and really implant himself as a Top 4 guy.

caniac247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 02:00 PM
Sens1Canes2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStar4Canes View Post
Just got back from the game and for you Rosie-haters and Draft Pick-whining/tank-hoping babies.....choke on it.
I know this was written last night, but I lol'd...so I had to get it in here again somehow...

Sens1Canes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 02:18 PM
WhiteTrashAmerican
WHY DID IT END

Chad rebounded from injury like a boss

WhiteTrashAmerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 07:50 PM
Gotta Catch Em Staal
All Aboard

Well, I could not have possibly asked for a better final game before moving out of NC.

04-09-2010, 08:46 PM
ChuckW
We'll be back.

One more win and an Atlanta loss and we can pass the Thrashers as well.

ChuckW is offline   Reply With Quote