HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Should the Leafs honor Sundin's #13 at their 2010/2011 home opener?

View Poll Results: Should the Leafs honor Sundin's #13 at their 2010/2011 home opener?
Yes 60 68.18%
No 28 31.82%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-09-2010, 08:51 PM
BudMaster17
Gap Inspector

vCash: 500
"The Toronto Maple Leaf Hockey Club would like to congratulate Mats Sundin on a tremendous playing career in the National Hockey League.

Mats always carried himself in an exemplary manner both on and off the ice. As captain of the Leafs for over a decade, his commitment to charitable initiatives within our community was extraordinary.

He will go down in history as one of the greatest players to ever wear the Toronto Maple Leafs sweater.

We extend our best wishes for continued success to Mats and his family.
- Brian Burke

He will have his jersey honored at the very least and it will come within the next few years. The man was the most talented Leaf in my generation and is on the same level as Clark, and Gilmour in heart. Most of all he was clutch. I have amazing memories of Sundin coming sown the wing and slaping one top corner over lelime. To this very day I get a smile on my face (alferdsson sucks) everytime. He was a big reason of us destroying the terds a incredible 4 times in 5 years when it mattered the most. It's the only reason I would ever go to Ottawa, to remind the terds of that single fact. Even the time he wasn't playing in the seris he telepathically willed McCauly in his place. 79 game winners and 14 in overtime. I can't evision anyone else where 13 again.

BudMaster17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 09:16 PM
Epictetus
Global Moderator
Create yourself.

vCash: 4200
I dunno why we can't wait a few years..

What's the argument saying we should do it right now?

Epictetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 09:35 PM
Ratboy
The Samsquanch!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epictetus View Post
I dunno why we can't wait a few years..

What's the argument saying we should do it right now?
There really is none. Unless people think that he has to pass the captaincy on to someone (Phaneuf), but it's no longer his to pass on.

Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote