HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Impact New Jersey

Old
04-09-2010, 07:47 PM
NewBlood

vCash: 500
I think he's right though, if the government had care as much about the Expos as they did about the Grand Prix, the Nordiques v2.0, the Impact (they would finance a part of the stadium's enlargement) and the Alouettes (see Impact), they would still be in town. Nothing about any if these other sports, but I just think it's weird that the provincial and federal governments did nothing to prevent the team from moving.

NewBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 10:33 PM
Woland

the money which will ( hopefully ) be awarded to the Impact is peanuts compared to what it would have taken to save the Expos.....

the Stadium is built, all it will need is upgrades in order to make it to the MLS.

The MLS is a league with with a 2.55 million $ salary cap. It's much more reasonable then MLB which at the time was going completely out of control ...

Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 10:36 PM
thetrueblack

Insecure? Those jerseys blow!

thetrueblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 01:54 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBlood View Post
I think he's right though, if the government had care as much about the Expos as they did about the Grand Prix, the Nordiques v2.0, the Impact (they would finance a part of the stadium's enlargement) and the Alouettes (see Impact), they would still be in town. Nothing about any if these other sports, but I just think it's weird that the provincial and federal governments did nothing to prevent the team from moving.
I hated that they did nothing to prevent the Expos from moving but let's get real here, it was a different time. Secondly, nothing has been approved for the Nordiques and they let the Nords walks too. Thirdly, a new Baseball Stadium would have cost what 300 million? I doubt that the Grand Prix cost anywhere near that. Let's not pretend that The Impact cost as much as what the Expos would have cost.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 02:19 AM
Spectaculard
Trout125HR363RBI442R

Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument View Post
Bunch of insecure mofos
Agreed. Soccer jerseys all look the same anyways.

I just want to join MLS already to kick some Vancouver and Toronto ass

Spectaculard is offline   Reply With Quote