HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Current third jersey to become regular home jersey next year?

Old
04-09-2010, 10:41 PM
JacklegJack

vCash: 500
Man, am I the only one who absolutely loves our current home/away combination? I think it's best in the league by far. Modern, sleek, fashionable... I don't feel like a frat boy when I wear it out in public. The thirds are alright, classy, but I'm sick of navy. We had something slightly unique with gold, silver and blue, but navy and white is becoming overdone, it's like the new red and white.

Actually, I have a question about the jerseys that maybe someone here can help me with. Back in the fall I bought an away reebok premier Arnott jersey (yeah I know you're thinking "wtf Arnott?!" but he was always a childhood hockey idol back when he played on the oilers and the preds didn't even exist...) anyway, I was pretty surprised to see that the numbers and name plate weren't even stitched on, just some sort of vinyl material ironed onto the jersey. It's the first rbk jersey I've purchased, so I thought maybe all premier jerseys are just like that. But then a buddy of mine picked up a Nabby premier jersey with numbers embroidered on and a nameplate with every individual letter carefully stitched in. And another friend picked up a Duchene premier jersey with the same improved quality. They bought theirs in-store, so is it just a matter of nhl.com being cheap like that? I'm pretty skeptical now, since I'm planning on ordering a home jersey now that I know they'll be discontinued, but I want to have that good quality but don't want to dish out an extra couple hundred in order to get the authentic reebok jersey, especially when I know other premier jerseys have the embroidered letters and numbers. Does anyone know if this is because of ordering off of nhl.com rather than picking one up in-store, and them cutting corners and subsequently cutting costs, or is it just a Predators jersey thing? Any help would be much appreciated.

JacklegJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 11:35 PM
Bad Karma

All the premier jerseys were supposed to be like that screened on crap. I think NHL.com is the only one that still does it. Once you wash it a few times it fades. That's why I refuse to buy another jersey from there.

Almost any place like River City, CoolHockey.com Ice Jersey either heat presses or sews the twill numbers/letters on the jersey.

Bad Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 12:09 AM
Que Sera Sera

Send a message via MSN to Que Sera Sera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jones93 View Post
All the premier jerseys were supposed to be like that screened on crap. I think NHL.com is the only one that still does it. Once you wash it a few times it fades. That's why I refuse to buy another jersey from there.

Almost any place like River City, CoolHockey.com Ice Jersey either heat presses or sews the twill numbers/letters on the jersey.
QFT. Never buy from NHL.com.

Que Sera Sera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 02:28 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackleg Jack View Post
Man, am I the only one who absolutely loves our current home/away combination? I think it's best in the league by far. Modern, sleek, fashionable... I don't feel like a frat boy when I wear it out in public. The thirds are alright, classy, but I'm sick of navy. We had something slightly unique with gold, silver and blue, but navy and white is becoming overdone, it's like the new red and white.
I don't think it's the best in the league, but I do like our current home/away logo/jersey the best. I do like our thirds, but I like that our currents have that little extra color in them. I would rather keep our thirds as our thirds, I think the logo is too plain for every game wear.

And also, I don't want to look like Toronto all the time.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 10:29 AM
Bad Karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Oil View Post
QFT. Never buy from NHL.com.
Let me show you the last jersey I bought from them.

See anything wrong with it?

Bad Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 10:48 AM
xicethug13x

as an outsider i hope you guys dont mind me chimming in here,.....no offense but ive always hated your jerseys i think silver is meant to be an acsent color not to be used as heavily as you guys do ....the whole set i just thought was awful...among the worst in the league...

but...then you guys came out with your 3rd jerseys this year and what a change i love them....i think they are among the best in the nhl.....trhey are simple and beautiful....im very happy you guys are making a white version to go along with it and making them your full time uni's....and ditching those other nasty ones....congrats on a huge improvement i love your guys new look

xicethug13x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 02:28 PM
JacklegJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jones93 View Post
Let me show you the last jersey I bought from them.

See anything wrong with it?
That's downright ridiculous. It's pretty shocking that the official NHL retailer has such poor quality control...

JacklegJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 02:37 PM
Drake744
Keep Seth Jones

One of my friend here who is a Panthers fan and has nothing to do with the Preds at all says our jerseys remind her of roller hockey. Likes the logo but doesn't like the jerseys. Personally I love our current jerseys but I had never thought about that before.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 11:03 AM
codeyh
HFB Partner

Send a message via AIM to codeyh
Was told that although the decision had been made a WHILE ago to switch, now there's been some wavering in the decision.

outstanding.

codeyh is offline   Reply With Quote