HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Schenn to Toronto For?......

Old
04-10-2010, 12:05 AM
Goallum

vCash: 500
How about instead you guys take a crack at reuniting the Kaberle brothers.

Goallum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 12:06 AM
ck26
7,709 miles & runnin

vCash: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesselisboss View Post
I have no idea....basically as long as its not Schenn, Kadri, Kessel Phaneuf, Bozak, Gustavsson...id be open to pretty much anything? I still think Doughty and Kabs could be a killer combo. Thoughts?
Fellow Pacific division fan here to defend our oft-maligned corner of the hockey world ...

If the Leafs aren't going to part with Schenn, Kadri, Kessel, Phaneuf, Bozak or Gustavsson, then what exactly are they parting with? We've established that you and every other Leaf fan want to trade one year of Kaberle ... what else do you have of value? Picks in 2012? That Grabovski guy who doesn't really have much value? Giguere and Komisarek (combined cap hit: 600% of the Kings roster).

If you want a blue-chip prospect, you have to give up something really good. If you're not willing to part with any of the small number of valuable assets you DO have, then what's the point of making the phone call? Save time and create a "Please Send Us Good Players In Exchange For Guys We Don't Need" thread on the Leafs board, where teams can donate extra 1st rounders to make up for the ones that your club has squandered.

ck26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 12:29 AM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottonking View Post
Fellow Pacific division fan here to defend our oft-maligned corner of the hockey world ...

If the Leafs aren't going to part with Schenn, Kadri, Kessel, Phaneuf, Bozak or Gustavsson, then what exactly are they parting with? We've established that you and every other Leaf fan want to trade one year of Kaberle ... what else do you have of value? Picks in 2012? That Grabovski guy who doesn't really have much value? Giguere and Komisarek (combined cap hit: 600% of the Kings roster).

If you want a blue-chip prospect, you have to give up something really good. If you're not willing to part with any of the small number of valuable assets you DO have, then what's the point of making the phone call? Save time and create a "Please Send Us Good Players In Exchange For Guys We Don't Need" thread on the Leafs board, where teams can donate extra 1st rounders to make up for the ones that your club has squandered.
WHO THE **** ARE YOU!?!?!? ILL TELL YOU WHO YOU ARE. MY HERO.

Post of the year. I was waiting for a doozy like this to come and give me a chuckle with some reality in it I sense you have a very sophisticated sense of humor because I got it at the end their

riseandfall9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 12:31 AM
MollerManor

Quote:

/thread

MollerManor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 12:43 AM
Quattro

Quote:

LOL

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 01:52 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:

Incredible.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 03:12 AM
markisonfire

Quote:
You guys wouldnt even think about it for Kaberle and prospects if we took on like 7-8 million in salary dumps? I think your overvaluing a prospect a little bit lol.
The fact that you want us to think about it means it isn't worth it to us. We can't take on all that salary, nor do we have players to "dump", nor do we want to trade Schenn for anyone. Kings are a playoff team without any of our amazing prospects. Let's wait and see how they turn out, thanks.

Also, cottonking.... Bravo.

markisonfire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 03:21 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:

hahahahahaha yyyyuuuuuuussss!

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 03:30 AM
KingLB

Stars fans are so much more likable when they are below us in the standings

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 04:27 AM
dabeechman

Still hate the Stars, although that post was a little eye watering.

I also like how the OP has Williams as a throw in/salary dump.

dabeechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 05:18 AM
Thrice
Coyote Killer

I'd go Moller + Zeiler for 1 year of Kaberle. I'd throw the Z man in the deal to free up a contract on the 50/80 list.

Kaberle is exactly what the Kings need on the 2nd pairing. He's a premiere puck moving d-man. Adding him gives the 1st PP unit a point man meaning Stoll doesn't have to be mis-cast any longer.

Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 07:12 AM
JCabranes

Quote:
Toronto Fan here and would like to know for what you would give up Brayden for?

My plan was Kaberle+Damigo+Caputi (both very good winger Prospects...apperently you are weak in that area?) for Schenn+Williams or whatever salary dump you want to give. If you could manage to sign Kovie in the off season your PP would be so scary....

Kovie, Kabs, Doughty, Kopitar....you dont even need a 5th player

Like it? Hate it? Modify it? Id love to here some ideas from Kings fans as I beileve they WILL win a cup in the next 5 years.
How about this... Toronto's first in 2010 and Toronto's first and second in 2011. Oh wait... I guess if we want that deal we need to talk to Boston.

JCabranes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 08:41 AM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Why Randy Jones is on this team.
THIS is still puzzling me to this day...

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 09:33 AM
GummiBaked
Holiday in Cambodia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Right. The biggest dump of all is off the books after this season.

Funny stuff... and true.

GummiBaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 09:46 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 413
Quote:
You guys wouldnt even think about it for Kaberle and prospects if we took on like 7-8 million in salary dumps? I think your overvaluing a prospect a little bit lol.
It makes zero sense for us to trade Schenn and we don't have 7-8 million we need to dump.

Quote:
Justin Williams? I guess you very well might be right, looking at the kings roster, you guys are in a great situation...Jelous.
Williams? a salary dump?

To borrow a line from the great philosopher Kurrilino...Are you on crack?

Gentle Ben Kenobi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 10:12 AM
Nefarious
Classless Doty

Quote:

Pure awesomeness.

Nefarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 10:21 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Toronto Fan here and would like to know for what you would give up Brayden for?

My plan was Kaberle+Damigo+Caputi (both very good winger Prospects...apperently you are weak in that area?) for Schenn+Williams or whatever salary dump you want to give. If you could manage to sign Kovie in the off season your PP would be so scary....

Kovie, Kabs, Doughty, Kopitar....you dont even need a 5th player

Like it? Hate it? Modify it? Id love to here some ideas from Kings fans as I beileve they WILL win a cup in the next 5 years.
The problem with your proposal is that a dman isn't our greatest need. We need a scoring forward. We can use Hickey next season without having to give up a Schenn and that's why your deal wouldn't be well accepted here.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 10:29 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Oh dear, not this crap again. Can we keep this garbage on the Leafs forum? Why would the Kings trade Schenn now after he has proven to be one of the most dominant players in Canadian Junior Hockey? IF they were going to make a deal, it would have been last summer.

Now, the Kings are in a better position than the Leafs are in. They have a solid core of young players coupled with a strong development system and a promising pool of prospects. You know, things the Leafs wish they had.

Here is a solution. the Kings keep Schenn and the Leafs continue to make Leafs fans miserable. They can continue overspending on subpar players like Jeff Finger and Francois Beauchemin. Every off-season they are guaranteed to make an illogical transaction, so I can't wait to see what they have in store for next season.

You have to love the fact that a rebuilding team like Toronto has the following draft picks heading into the 2010 draft: one 3rd Rounder, one 4th Rounder (from PHX), one 5th Rounder and one 7th Rounder.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 11:00 AM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Why are everyone so angry about it? Yes it's like the 100:th Schenn proposal from Leafs fans but it seems like he's the lightning rod to your hate. Maybe I'm just too Swedish

In short, no thanks. The Kings are unlikely to deal one elite youth for several pieces of good youth. The Kings don't need any more depth, they need talent. Kaberle is nice and I think underrated by many just because of some general dislike towards the Leafs but Burke has tried to trade him to the Kings before and Lombardi wasn't biting. Not saying a deal can't be worked out but I don't think Schenn will be a part of it. Besides, the Kings don't really have any salary dumps to offer. Even if some players are on big contracts they're valuable parts of the team and the Kings still got plenty of space.

BigBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 11:08 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Oh dear, not this crap again. Can we keep this garbage on the Leafs forum?
Come on.. these threads are quality entertainment. It distracts a few Kings fans from eating their own for a few minutes as well. Win-win.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 11:19 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
You don't think we need defencemen? Skilled defencemen? ever think why Stoll is on the pt for PP. Why Randy Jones is on this team.
I AM NOT saying do the deal but Kaberle on this team would be sickly good.
Oh, sure it would be "sickly good" to have kaberle on the team but heck, why stop there? Why not go after Lidstrom too? Hey, for that matter there are several other dmen out there that would be awesome on the Kings but at what expense?

Signing DD & JJ is going to cost us, when you ad Greene Scuds and the emergence of VV and or Hickey our blue line fills out with allot of talent and cost. I wouldn't trade for Kaberle when this off season there are a few upgrades to the Peter Harrolds, Randy Jones etc available for cost alone.

As to why I think that Jones is on the team and the Stoll is on the PP? well, Jones shouldn't be on the team and TM has a miserable track record at hanging onto truly one dimensional dmen far longer than he should throughout his coaching career.

I have stats and examples at the ready but since this is a thread where a fan from another team has politely come here making a trade offer, I will save it for a pm or another post.

Suffice it to say that before I would deal Schenn, I would want the centerpiece to be a little different than the one offered.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 11:54 AM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

I'd do it for Kaberle with a 3yr extension.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 12:00 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
I'd do it for Kaberle with a 3yr extension.

Why? Does it make any sense to you to give up a perennial top line center in the mold of Mike Richards for a player in his 30s when they could just as well address the need for another top three defenseman through free agency?

Such short sightedness got the Kings far didn't it?

Old
04-10-2010, 01:00 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post

Why? Does it make any sense to you to give up a perennial top line center in the mold of Mike Richards for a player in his 30s when they could just as well address the need for another top three defenseman through free agency?

Such short sightedness got the Kings far didn't it?
Can't think long-term all the time. This team lacks depth in offensive production on the blue line, after Drew and JJ i don't know if anybody else will break 20 Points that will be on this team next year. It'd be worth it to just get Stoll off the point.

Last edited by KopitarFAN: 04-10-2010 at 01:54 PM.
KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2010, 01:21 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

So for a quick fix you'd look to deal a player who can be a major contributor as a top six center and a legitimate 2nd line center behind Kopitar? That logic makes no sense to me whatsoever. Perhaps if you are playing fantasy hockey for NHL 10 it makes sense...