HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Some crow, please.

Old
04-11-2010, 04:58 PM
dedalus

vCash: 500
Some crow, please.

Well, I predicted all season long a 6th-8th seed and first round ouster. Turns out the Blueshirts couldn't even manage that miserable standard of mediocrity.

Props to those who fully understood how bad this team was.

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 05:05 PM
broadwayblue

I'm not going to say I told you guys...but looking at this roster at the start of the season I was left wondering where the goals were going to come from. There's simply not much talent on the ice.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 05:06 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus View Post
Well, I predicted all season long a 6th-8th seed and first round ouster. Turns out the Blueshirts couldn't even manage that miserable standard of mediocrity.

I'll take some crow myself.

Predicted the Rangers would finish in the 5 spot. I think the Rangers, unless they sign Kovalchuk, will actually be worse next year. *sigh*

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 05:06 PM
DarthSather99

Quote:

I'll take a piece of that, I gave up on them three weeks ago. They made it interesting, I never thought they'd control their own destiny. Good run but we obviously don't have the talent yet. Good young players are getting better each year and more are coming.

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 05:08 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

I predicted the Rangers 7-9th and I was spot on.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SERE 24
LGR

When your season comes down to a shootout and the best three names your coach can come up with are Christensen, Paranteau, Jokinen you know you're not good enough to be in the post-season anyways. Yes, I know Paranteau scored a few big SO goals for us and yes, I acknowledge that Christensen was a good pick up for us this season, but in a broader view of things, these guys are scrubs league wide and that's what our season came down to. We need to see some big changes, all around.

Sather should have acknowledged the mediocrity of this team (because you CANNOT say he was counting on Prust/Shelley to be so good down the stretch run or Christensen producing like he did... how much worse would we have been without their contributions?) and sold at the deadline like so many of us were pleading for.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:

Yes. Let's give props to the people who rooted against this team. The people who wanted to see them fail.

Great post, dedalus. What great insight you've provided us.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 05:14 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
You predicted us to do poor and rooted for us to do poor.

Happy for you that you'd rather be right rather than see the team win. Issues.

You're officially a clown.

Fire Sather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 05:14 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Yes. Let's give props to the people who rooted against this team. The people who wanted to see them fail.
Wanting to see them fail and knowing they will fail are two entirely different things. If you can't see something that simple, the fault is yours, not mine.

Quote:
Great post, dedalus. What great insight you've provided us.
The insight that I was wrong or that the Rangers were WORSE than mediocre?

I don't think either is much of an insight. The facts stare both in the face. I'm just willing to admit I was wrong.

Others are less inclined.

Old
04-11-2010, 05:15 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

I'm ****ing baffled by the lack of reading comprehension in this thread.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 05:16 PM
Carl Hagelins Flow
Flow Status: AMAZING

Quote:

Here's a golf clap to all that fully understood how bad this team was, who rooted for them to lose, who is nothing more than a troll in my eyes.

Carl Hagelins Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 05:16 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Wanting to see them fail and knowing they will fail are two entirely different things. If you can't see something that simple, the fault is yours, not mine.

The insight that I was wrong or that the Rangers were WORSE than mediocre?

I don't think either is much of an insight. The facts stare both in the face. I'm just willing to admit I was wrong.

Others are less inclined.
You and a few others have been rooting for this team to do poorly for some time. You like to veil your comments in ambiguity, but it's pretty clear that you have enjoyed seeing the team fail -- and now get to gloat about it.

Others just openly cheer for them to fail.

Honestly, it's pretty disgraceful. I don't know another team around where the fans actively root for the team to fail. I don't even remember Knicks fans being this bad.

Old
04-11-2010, 05:18 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I'm ****ing baffled by the lack of reading comprehension in this thread.
There is no lack of reading comprehension. Dedalus has been cheering for the team to fail for some time now. Again, he's good at concealing his opinions and such so it doesn't look as bad as it is. Either way, the loser attitude of this fanbase is absolutely sickening.

Does the team suck and need a complete overhaul? Absolutely.

Does that mean that we should be happy they missed the playoffs? Not at all.

Old
04-11-2010, 05:19 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
You predicted us to do poor and rooted for us to do poor.
I predicted us to be just above .500 and a 6th-8th seed, which is hardly poor. It's "average." Furthermore I've characterized this team all season long as "pretty good, but not good enough."

If I'd predicted us to "do poor," I wouldn't have started this thread, because I would've been right. That's the point of the thread.

As for how I rooted, by all means find ANY post I've written all year that said I wanted this team to lose.

Get back to me with your research.

Old
04-11-2010, 05:19 PM
jniklast

Great thread...

I predicted the Rangers to finish somewhere between 1st-15th in the east. Turns out I'm right!

Seriously, are we supposed to give all those pessimists, nay-sayers and "I said sell at the deadline all the time" guys a pad on the back and say how they have been oh-so-right and realistic all the time, because the Rangers lost in an effing shootout?

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 05:20 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jniklast View Post
Great thread...

I predicted the Rangers to finish somewhere between 1st-15th in the east. Turns out I'm right!

Seriously, are we supposed to give all those pessimists, nay-sayers and "I said sell at the deadline all the time" guys a pad on the back because the Rangers lost in an effing shootout?
Clearly. Their limitless knowledge is astounding, no?

Old
04-11-2010, 05:21 PM
Richter35

I too thought they'd make it based on the strength of adding a game breaker and subtracting swine that didn't care like gomez. Unfortunately slats screwed the pooch with signing kotalik over z, and supplementary scoring all season was an issue. that and a defense that relied on a 19 yr old to qb the pp.

however unlike another poster said, i think that next year's team can be better. let ufa's go except for shelley and prospal (if he signs for something reasonable), get something of value for lisin and gilroy if possible and assign brashear to siberia. if someone is willing to take on roszival in trade, god bless them. there are options in FA for solid dmen (michalek, hamhuis) that this team really needs. I'm in the camp that Kovy is a non-starter, but if plekanec can be signed or a trade for ribiero can be consumated (the latter of which i think is more likely) this team will be in a much better position to succeed next year.

As was seen today, a major issue was getting the puck through the neutral zone and maintaining possession. Who was the last person that could do that effectively on this team (and basically the only thing he could do)? Gomez. the irony

Richter35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 05:22 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
You and a few others have been rooting for this team to do poorly for some time. You like to veil your comments in ambiguity, but it's pretty clear that you have enjoyed seeing the team fail -- and now get to gloat about it.

Others just openly cheer for them to fail.

Honestly, it's pretty disgraceful. I don't know another team around where the fans actively root for the team to fail. I don't even remember Knicks fans being this bad.
No one was rooting for the team to fail. We were rooting for the team to get a high pick because that seemed like a better course for this franchise's future than what seemed like a fruitless push for the playoffs.

Once it became apparent that a high pick wasn't going to happen, everyone has been on board with making the playoffs because none of us wanted the worst case scenario, which was to miss the playoffs and get a low pick. Unfortunately, that's exactly what happened. In retrospect, can anyone really say that we wouldn't have been better off losing all those games and finishing bottom 5?

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 05:23 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Great thread...

Seriously, are we supposed to give all those pessimists, nay-sayers and "I said sell at the deadline all the time" guys a pad on the back and say how they have been oh-so-right and realistic all the time, because the Rangers lost in an effing shootout?
No, but at least you should be able to understand why some of us were so strongly in favor of this team going in that direction. This team was not a SC contender, plain and simple. So if you're not going to win it all, or at least make some noise I truly believe the organization is better served by looking towards the future. And honestly, do you really think that we had any chance of beating the Caps this time around, with a team that arguably has less talent than last year's squad?

Old
jniklast

Quote:
Clearly. Their limitless knowledge is astounding, no?
Definitely. Sometimes I really wonder how those "fans" spend their life. Are you really hoping all the time that the Rangers lose, just because the chance they win the cup is slim to none?

It's things like these I sometimes really hate these boards. Here on HFBoards a season is always a failure, unless you win the cup (or even better) have a lottery pick.

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
No one was rooting for the team to fail. We were rooting for the team to get a high pick because that seemed like a better course for this franchise's future than what seemed like a fruitless push for the playoffs.
Because there's a ****ing difference?

Old
04-11-2010, 05:24 PM
dedalus

Quote:
There is no lack of reading comprehension.
Yeah. There really is.

Quote:
Dedalus has been cheering for the team to fail for some time now. Again, he's good at concealing his opinions and such so it doesn't look as bad as it is.
Aaaaaaaaaah .... so you're reading minds now, eh? Impressive.

"I don't care WHAT he wrote in ANY thread EVER! I know what he REALLY meant! And it's what I say!!!!"

Honestly, have you any idea what you sound like?

Quote:
Does the team suck and need a complete overhaul? Absolutely.
I don't know that it does need a complete overhaul. It depends how you define that.

Old
04-11-2010, 05:25 PM
polako

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYROrtsFan View Post
Well, this thread sucks.

Congrats on that.
Haha, thanks for posting this and saving me the trouble.

polako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 05:26 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Definitely. Sometimes I really wonder how those "fans" spend their life. Are you really hoping all the time that the Rangers lose, just because the chance they win the cup is slim to none?

It's things like these I sometimes really hate these boards. Here on HFBoards a season is always a failure, unless you win the cup (or even better) have a lottery pick.
Right, because finishing 9th is a sure sign of success.

Old
04-11-2010, 05:26 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Yeah. There really is.

Aaaaaaaaaah .... so you're reading minds now, eh? Impressive.

"I don't care WHAT he wrote in ANY thread EVER! I know what he REALLY meant! And it's what I say!!!!"

Honestly, have you any idea what you sound like?

I don't know that it does need a complete overhaul. It depends how you define that.
I can post ambiguously for years and claim the same thing. You very rarely state an actual opinion so nothing can come back to bite you. I've posted on here for a long time and have seen you post on here for even longer. I know how you do things, so this whole deal is not completely unexpected.