HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

So who believes? (somewhat irrelevant stats)

Old
04-11-2010, 08:39 PM
Coldplay
Courage

vCash: 500
So who believes? (somewhat irrelevant stats)

On March 18th I posted a poll asking if you guys believed. We were on a winning streak and things were looking up. The following said they did (85% of 120)

Blob Buster, BobbyG, Bowzer, Cam A Larry, cap10bfl, CastroLeRobot, chris96, Coldplay, crazyshea, Cupmonger, CuteHockeyBunny, DarkYan, Darth Joker, Darz, davenash, dzd ncnfzd, eddy, Edmontreal, Erik Estrada, FF de Mars, firmin94, Fish on The Sand, Flambergius, franchise player, freiheit, Galaad64, Garry Valk, Ginu, GoHabsGO252006, Gommallionta, Grover, habdynasty, Habs 4 Life, Habs Blooded, habs11, Habsbullet, Habsfan18, HabzFanatik71, HarlemsFinest, HarryI, henri2121, HomaridII, hyperwebman, ILUVTHISGAME, jason allison'fans, Jawsonw, JESUS Price 89, John le Perron, JohnnyB11, JohnnyFreds, JustAHabFan, katatoniak, Kezia, Kimmo Timonen, Kjell Dahlin, Krautso, Le depisteur, macavoy, MacKmtl, Mario Gio, Metropolitsky, Nedved, neoaxd, neofury, Ohashi_Jouzu, Otrebor13, pachorella, PacoXIII, PeterPopovic, Pierre Dagenais, PinchedNerve, PlayersCoach, Quarantesix, RaMMuT, RE-HABS, Rgolt, Rickkins, Roy33Clutch, RoyBoyCoy, RushDP, Rushtime, RussCourtnall, Ryulink, saints96, sam200, Scott Tenorman, Scuba-Steve, Seb, Semaj, shealy04, slocheauska, Soupz, Sweeney, terreur, The Great 8, TinyBunny, Toro, uiCk, VAN-HAB, Watsatheo, Xss, Yarfangor

On April 8th, following our loss to Carolina, I reposted the same poll. Half the total participants this time around, and those who voted yes (only 44% of 59)
benji, Brisk-Illusion, Capitaine Gionta, Coldplay, dfk711, Erik Estrada, Franky Gee, Garry Valk, Gommallionta, Habs10Habs, HabzFanatik71, HarlemsFinest, latour, Le depisteur, macavoy, masterSB, MetroGnome, Nedved, Next Best Thing, PacoXIII, Quarantesix, RaMMuT, RandomJunkie, TomPlex, Tuggy, uiCk

The following voted no in the first poll during our win streak: (underlined are those who continued to vote no in the 2nd poll)
AntiPrice, baldrick, Blind Gardien, Devils Mike, Devulous, Frozenice, habcat, habsjunkie2, Jean-Guy Drouin, Jean_Jacket41, LyricalLyricist, Ollie Williams, onice, song4thedeaf, Swe_hab, Travis Moen, vokiel, WestLEAFfan

The following voted no following our Carolina loss (in bold are those who previously voted yes)
68, 79 André Marcoux, BobbyG, Bretvincent, Craig71, Devulous, eliash, evilman101, fergiesbeak, Frogurt, Gazou, GordonGraham, Habs Fan in NJ, Habs13, habsjunkie2, LOL, Matt19, mtl_felix, ND Irish, number 11, Pandemic, Patrick Traverse, QcnARF, Raider917, Smoopok, Soupz, The Cowboy Poet, TheCH, thetrueblack, thief50, ti-vite, TK06, Yarfangor

--

Because only 50% of people responded the 2nd time around, we can't exactly conclude. Also, the same people didn't always vote on both polls. But, based on this, some of you had your belief disappear, while others remained strong.

I hope this thread will serve as a "told you so" when we get it done against the Caps...

/useless thread being bored on a Sunday night

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 09:30 PM
WhiskeySeven

Good idea

Bi-Polarism runs high here, it's to be expected though: hormones, puberty and hockey fandom aren't a great mix.

WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 09:40 PM
Darth Joker

I'll admit that I almost never feel good about a Habs/Leafs game (especially one with something meaningful on the line), and that's why I skipped the second poll after being a believer in the first.

I skipped the second poll also because the Rangers and Flyers have both been really unpredictable all year, and I didn't know who to expect to win their games against each other (and that's what our playoff hopes would have come down to if we had lost in regulation against the Leafs).

Darth Joker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 10:00 PM
Garry Valk

I'll vote yes every day of the week. We'll beat the Caps. We're the Habs for Christ's sakes.

Garry Valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 10:06 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

They will not force us!
They will stop degrading us!
They will not control us!
We will be victorious!
So come on!

Go Habs Go! I ****in believe.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 10:07 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
tbh if there's one of buf/pit/was i think we could beat in a best of 7..it's washington

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 10:12 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Honestly, to me its not about believing. I hope they win, but realistically, we're up against it.

At this point what I'm most concerned about is if they give the kind of effort that we all know they can give, but have only shown in a handful of games this year. We all remember the 6-3 win vs the Pens, the games against the Caps, the 5-0 shelacking against the Rangers. We know what this team is capable of. All i can say is, if you're gonna go out, go out playing your best, not like a bunch of losers. Win or lose, i just want to see them give er'. Here's hoping they do.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 10:14 PM
Forsead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertramp View Post
Good idea

Bi-Polarism runs high here, it's to be expected though: hormones, puberty and hockey fandom aren't a great mix.
Imagine if the fanbase was a majority of womens that would be incredible

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 10:16 PM
CuteHockeyBunny

I will make a thread in the general forum posting every single Capitals fan that doubted we can beat them. Then, the names of the Habs fans who thought we'd lose. And that thread will be stickied until the end of time so we will be able to point and laugh.

edit: IF WE WIN THAT IS.

Last edited by CuteHockeyBunny: 04-11-2010 at 10:52 PM.
CuteHockeyBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 10:21 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteHockeyBunny View Post
I will make a thread in the general forum posting every single Capitals fan that doubted we can beat them. Then, the names of the Habs fans who thought we'd lose. And that thread will be stickied until the end of time so we will be able to point and laugh.
Idle threat. There won't be any opportunity for laughter.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 10:33 PM
Avim86

I didn't answer the poll , I tend to stay away from the what have to you for me lately threads. As most of you know I'm optimistic and I like the final product that is the Montreal Canadiens. I live and die with this team but being irrational and immature has never been my game. I know we ice a competitive team even though we don't have as many opportunities to build from within as other teams do. It's extremely difficult to prone patience and caution when it comes to the treatment of our young "core" players.

Go habs go.

Avim86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 10:45 PM
Thorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
They will not force us!
They will stop degrading us!
They will not control us!
We will be victorious!
So come on!

Go Habs Go! I ****in believe.
Posted via Mobile Device

Go Habs Go

Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 10:51 PM
Ginu

Honestly, who just wants to slap the constant negative people here? It's a team FFS. Support and enjoy. I started laughing at this kid who called in to Team 990 and complained that he was only 6 months old when the Habs won the Cup and he wasn't around when the Habs were a dynasty. You're not owed anything because you're a Habs fan. Support your team and it'll go a lot further. The negativity affects professional players who are human beings just like the rest of us in changing their confidence. Heck, do we want the guys that we have here to succeed or turn into another bunch of Latendresse's? Support your team or go do your homework. Keep your negativity in your pants. Bring on the Caps!!!! This is gonna be a great series.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 10:51 PM
Fire Brunet*

Jeu suis Michael Cammalleri
Jeu suis Bryan Gionta
Jeu suis Scott Gomez
Jeu suis Tomash Plekanec
Andreye Kostitsyne
Je suis Benoit Pouliot
Je suis Maxim Lapierre
Jeu suis Seurgey Kostitsyne
Jeu suis Glen Metropolit
Jeu suis Tréviss Moèn
Jeu suis Bèn Maxwell
Jeu suis Dominik More
Jeu suis Yaroslav Spachec
Jeu suis Hhall Gill
Jeu suis Josh Georgez
Jeu suis Andreye Markove
Jeu suis Ryan O'berne
Jeu suis Romane Hamerlic
Jeu suis Paule Marra
Je suis Marc-André Bergeron
Jeu suis Yaroslav Halaak
Jeu suis Cairé Price

Nous sommes...
Nous sommes...
Nous sommes...
Maxim: Les Canadiens!

GO HABS GOOOOOOOOOOO.

Fire Brunet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 10:57 PM
Phousse

Je suis Gommallionta.

I believe!

Phousse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 11:45 PM
Darz

C'mon!!!

Down with the haters...down with the non-believers!!!!

The habs BABY!!!! They said we couldn't do it in '86. They were wrong. They said we couldn't do it in 1993. They were wrong. Now they are saying we can't do it again.

Keep the faith. Expected the Unexpected!!!!!

GO HABS GO!!!!!!

04-12-2010, 12:01 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post

Go Habs Go
I think this muse song is more fitting for hf

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 12:35 AM
habtastic

WTF, I posted I believe to both of those (as I did believe), but can't see my name! I think we've had many similar polls over the course of the season, like "did Gainey assemble a good team", "do you like the Gomez signing", etc. Any way to post those (or ones that might be relevant). Just sayin', I've been behind the team and everyone who is gonna keep posting from now on should too. Let's not talk about what sucks about this team. It might be a short one, might be a miracle run. Let's just have fun cuz even if we're seeded 8th, that's not how I see this team.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 12:57 AM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
I think this muse song is more fitting for hf

So true.
"You make me sick... Because I adore you so."
Posted via Mobile Device

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 01:02 AM
uiCk
GrEmelins

representing major belif bias! go habs

uiCk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 01:54 AM
LyricalLyricist

This a cheat I voted no in first poll but didn't vote at all in second so my name isn't underlined. I look bipolar now. pfft.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 05:50 AM
habsjunkie2*

Since I voted no both times can I use the bottom line when the Caps serve it to us?

I hope this thread will serve as a "told you so" when we get it done against the Caps...

I'll be pulling for the Habs, but I'm not expecting a miracle. If we get by the Caps I will happy with the progress we have made, otherwise, we're no better than last year.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 08:24 AM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

I gotta say, I always believed and will always believe.

I bleed Bleu Blanc Rouge.

Jee is online now   Reply With Quote