HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Is TO interested in Cogliano

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-11-2010, 07:08 PM
  #26
TheSilencer
Registered User
 
TheSilencer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,814
vCash: 500
I highly doubt Burke would be interested in Cogs. Even if we do try to get him, it's going to be for something really cheap. Even grabovski probably has more value now

As for the Richards trade,
Kaberle+grabo+late pick for Richards+Brunnstorm?
or just for Richards only
In order to make a Kaberle for Richards deal work, we need to give the Stars additional players/picks..not the other way around

TheSilencer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 07:34 PM
  #27
BillyD
JUST WIN BABY
 
BillyD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,524
vCash: 500
why the hell would we want the raptors gm? does he know hockey too?

BillyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 07:37 PM
  #28
Un33q
Registered User
 
Un33q's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 314
vCash: 500
edm is stacking the prospects and young talent
I wonder if they will be able to keep all of them in a few years time.
would love to see Eberle in blue and white

Un33q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 07:44 PM
  #29
Thomas Malthus
The Dismal Team
 
Thomas Malthus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLeafs View Post
what should we add then? cuz I really want Richards on the Leafs >.<
do you think they would consider this if it was Ribeiro instead?
I wouldn't want Ribeiro on the Leafs. He's a diver and doesn't seem to have a good attitude. He's already thirty, and by the time we have a team that's a contender he will be past his prime and near impossible to get rid of. He already has a cap hit of five million until the end of 2012/2013.

I'd rather not trade with the Stars at all actually.

Cogliano looks like he's not really able to keep up offensively in the top six, but also not able to be physical enough for the bottom six. He's only 22 but I think I'd rather pass on him. I can't see Grabs working in a deal for him anyways, won't the Oilers be looking to shed cap space, or at the very least not take on any more?

I don't know whether or not Hemsky is able to play center but I think he'd be more likely in a deal with Kaberle as they have comparable cap hits. Hemsky seems like a pass first kind of player but I don't really know too much about him. Anyone have more info on Hemsky?

Thomas Malthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 09:34 PM
  #30
Dutch Dreams
Registered User
 
Dutch Dreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightta View Post
I wouldn't want Ribeiro on the Leafs. He's a diver and doesn't seem to have a good attitude. He's already thirty, and by the time we have a team that's a contender he will be past his prime and near impossible to get rid of. He already has a cap hit of five million until the end of 2012/2013.

I'd rather not trade with the Stars at all actually.

Cogliano looks like he's not really able to keep up offensively in the top six, but also not able to be physical enough for the bottom six. He's only 22 but I think I'd rather pass on him. I can't see Grabs working in a deal for him anyways, won't the Oilers be looking to shed cap space, or at the very least not take on any more?

I don't know whether or not Hemsky is able to play center but I think he'd be more likely in a deal with Kaberle as they have comparable cap hits. Hemsky seems like a pass first kind of player but I don't really know too much about him. Anyone have more info on Hemsky?
Pass on Ribeiro ya, we've likely got an upgrade on him in Kadri.. why not trade with the stars?? I think we've got more of a chance at a guy like Neal than most think... Dallas is loaded with expensive left-wing talent, and extremely short on defense.. and if Kaberle won't work we could do Alzner again if he's still available..

Cogliano was never a guy to trade Grabovski for. Edmonton doesn't need salary and they certainly don't need a guy just like him coming back... I was proposing interest in Cogliano only if WE rid ourselves of Grabovksi, but not to Edmonton...

Hemsky may actually be quite a good fit here. You're right in that he's a pass first type guy - he's got incredible stick-handling, really of the only danglers in the league that makes it work for himself; ha, he's no Hagman. He's got speed and can also score 20-25 goals... in Edmonton they've never been able to get a sniper for him to play with as he's more of a playmaker and relied upon too heavily to score goals.. got a real nice cap hit of only a little over 4 million - I think it's 4.25 actually.. and for quite a few more years as well...

From what I remember he's actually quite good playing the off-wing... so playing on the left with Kessel wouldn't be too much of a problem.. Really though, the guy will be coming off quite a serious injury and we can get a similar guy in Fleischmann from a team that's already shown interest in our assets (Kaberle) and he's left-handed, so playing top-line with Kessel wouldn't be a problem.. Hemsky, despite his injury - is bound to cost a lot as well. I see him staying in Edmonton as they'll still need some veterans to compete.. in Edmonton they've been waiting for Hemsky to 'break out', but I think he really is just a 60-70 point guy... he's just been their only talented player for so long that they don't understand anymore haha..

Dutch Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 09:38 PM
  #31
Flowzak
I saw, I conquered.
 
Flowzak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,217
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Dreams View Post
Pass on Ribeiro ya, we've likely got an upgrade on him in Kadri.. why not trade with the stars?? I think we've got more of a chance at a guy like Neal than most think... Dallas is loaded with expensive left-wing talent, and extremely short on defense.. and if Kaberle won't work we could do Alzner again if he's still available..

Cogliano was never a guy to trade Grabovski for. Edmonton doesn't need salary and they certainly don't need a guy just like him coming back... I was proposing interest in Cogliano only if WE rid ourselves of Grabovksi, but not to Edmonton...

Hemsky may actually be quite a good fit here. You're right in that he's a pass first type guy - he's got incredible stick-handling, really of the only danglers in the league that makes it work for himself; ha, he's no Hagman. He's got speed and can also score 20-25 goals... in Edmonton they've never been able to get a sniper for him to play with as he's more of a playmaker and relied upon too heavily to score goals.. got a real nice cap hit of only a little over 4 million - I think it's 4.25 actually.. and for quite a few more years as well...

From what I remember he's actually quite good playing the off-wing... so playing on the left with Kessel wouldn't be too much of a problem.. Really though, the guy will be coming off quite a serious injury and we can get a similar guy in Fleischmann from a team that's already shown interest in our assets (Kaberle) and he's left-handed, so playing top-line with Kessel wouldn't be a problem.. Hemsky, despite his injury - is bound to cost a lot as well. I see him staying in Edmonton as they'll still need some veterans to compete.. in Edmonton they've been waiting for Hemsky to 'break out', but I think he really is just a 60-70 point guy... he's just been their only talented player for so long that they don't understand anymore haha..
You made a good point with Neal, and I agree with you. Neal isn't as "untradeable" as people make it to be. Heck, I've seen people on the main forum suggest PHI trade Giroux for either Jons from LA (goalies).

On a side note, what would it take for us to pry Ryan Ellis off NSH's hands?

Flowzak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 09:47 PM
  #32
Dutch Dreams
Registered User
 
Dutch Dreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLeafs View Post
You made a good point with Neal, and I agree with you. Neal isn't as "untradeable" as people make it to be. Heck, I've seen people on the main forum suggest PHI trade Giroux for either Jons from LA (goalies).

On a side note, what would it take for us to pry Ryan Ellis off NSH's hands?
Ya, thing is L.A. has a few great, tough wingers in Brown, Simmonds and Smyth already - and Dallas has already gotten their prospect goaltender in Lehtonen, they have a good shot at Rynnas as well..

Ryan Ellis? The guy is an enigma right now. He keeps putting up disgusting numbers for a defenseman; this recent playoffs especially.... but he's one of those prospects you hold onto to see if he'll develop an NHL body... his value is an overpayment now though... just look at the guy's playoff numbers; something like 16 points in 10 games..

Dutch Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 09:55 PM
  #33
Flowzak
I saw, I conquered.
 
Flowzak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,217
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Dreams View Post
Ya, thing is L.A. has a few great, tough wingers in Brown, Simmonds and Smyth already - and Dallas has already gotten their prospect goaltender in Lehtonen, they have a good shot at Rynnas as well..

Ryan Ellis? The guy is an enigma right now. He keeps putting up disgusting numbers for a defenseman; this recent playoffs especially.... but he's one of those prospects you hold onto to see if he'll develop an NHL body... his value is an overpayment now though... just look at the guy's playoff numbers; something like 16 points in 10 games..
I've wanted Ellis before he was even drafted, up to the point that I actually wished Burke traded to get a middle 1st rounder to draft him. I actually proposed once (not on these boards) to have a Poni for Ellis kind of deal but well, we all know what happened.

Flowzak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 11:32 PM
  #34
Thomas Malthus
The Dismal Team
 
Thomas Malthus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,372
vCash: 500
Isn't Fleischmann more of a shooter though? Not that there's anything wrong with having some guys who can finish. It would be good to have another legitimate threat out there. Just curious, I'd always seen him pegged as a scorer.

Neal would be an amazing asset, I just didn't think Dallas would want to move him. I haven't paid much attention to his play because I don't get to watch many west coast games, but at 6'2" and 208 lbs. could he be a Gary Roberts type player?

I would love to see Simmonds in Toronto. He's a hometown guy who plays real honest hockey. He's got some size but could stand to fill out a little more maybe, not too sure. Would he fall into the same type of category as Neal?

Ellis looks good, don't get me wrong, but remember that he's playing on a ridiculously stacked team in the OHL right now... I think that when a player is on a team like that, their stats aren't a true representation of their play. That's when it's good to have people start nitpicking and looking at smaller details. All of that is just my opinion though.

Thomas Malthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 12:11 AM
  #35
facey
Registered User
 
facey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,104
vCash: 500
personally i'd love cogs, IMO he needs nothing more then a change of scenery.


but his value isn't exactly sky high.


i dunno... the other guy i wonder what you guys are doing with moving forward is Ryan Jones... i'm a fan... added weight, added confidence i can see an excellent two way forward

facey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 12:15 AM
  #36
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 54,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by facey View Post
personally i'd love cogs, IMO he needs nothing more then a change of scenery.

but his value isn't exactly sky high.

i dunno... the other guy i wonder what you guys are doing with moving forward it Ryan Jones... i'm a fan... added weight, added confidence i can see an excellent w ay forward
Perfect time to pick him up is now.

Wouldn't take much, and what is the risk?

__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Keon

He was the Leafs' leading scorer in the 196364, 196667 and 196970 seasons, and the team's top goal scorer in 197071 and 197273. Keon was considered one of the fastest skaters in the NHL, and one of the best defensive forwards of his era.[3] He would usually play against the opposing team's top centre, and developed a reputation for neutralizing some of the league's top scorers. In 197071, he scored eight shorthanded goals, setting an NHL record.
ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 12:16 AM
  #37
facey
Registered User
 
facey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,104
vCash: 500
so what would we be happy paying?

grabo for cogs?

grabo for cogs + jones


grabo + for cogs ?


where does the value lie?

what do we 'predict' his value is?

rights to XLBY for rights to cogs?

facey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 12:28 AM
  #38
mikeo1
Registered User
 
mikeo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Perfect time to pick him up is now.

Wouldn't take much, and what is the risk?
I'd only take him if the cost was negligible. If Burke believes Kadri and Bozak can be our top two next season, dump Grabo and his salary on Edmonton and take Cogliano back.

Edmonton fans still seem to believe that Cogliano has high value. Whether their GM still feels that way, I have no clue.

mikeo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 12:36 AM
  #39
facey
Registered User
 
facey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeo1 View Post
I'd only take him if the cost was negligible. If Burke believes Kadri and Bozak can be our top two next season, dump Grabo and his salary on Edmonton and take Cogliano back.

Edmonton fans still seem to believe that Cogliano has high value. Whether their GM still feels that way, I have no clue.
cogs needs to add weight to his frame & effort to his game... but MAN can he skate, and he can shoot... so its just getting the pieces together

facey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 12:47 AM
  #40
Wilma
Registered User
 
Wilma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,655
vCash: 500
I'd do Grabo for Cogs in a second.

Wilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 01:48 AM
  #41
nuck
Axis of Evil
 
nuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: North Korea
Posts: 4,882
vCash: 500
BB won't be adding any small guys. He wants to get bigger remember? And I don't think he would be anxious to move Grabo out for another little guy who had an even worse year. At least Brule plays a BB game but he won't be dealt.
I like Cogliano and I would be shocked if he doesn't have many seasons better than his 45pt rookie year. I think Grabo and Bozak will be 1-2 unless they bring someone they are sure will be better than both, and then maybe Grabo is dealt.

nuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 03:45 AM
  #42
Jesus Bacon
Registered User
 
Jesus Bacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 93
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLeafs View Post
what should we add then? cuz I really want Richards on the Leafs >.<
do you think they would consider this if it was Ribeiro instead?
oh hell no! don't want that sorry excuse for a hockey player on my team.

Jesus Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:28 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.