HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A Hemsky Deal

Old
04-11-2010, 10:52 PM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

vCash: 1850
pens say no

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 11:07 PM
Stoneman89

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by belair View Post
First off... If you`d actually read the post, I realize the trade would never happen.

Second... I obviously realize that Hemsky would indeed be moved in a deal such as this one. I`m the one who proposed it!!

Third... I understand Malkin is Top-3 in the NHL on a bad day. Hence sending 5-first rounders the other way.

And correct me if I`m wrong, but Crosby and Malkin are both centres and are generally on separate lines. This trade would bolster their top line, giving Crosby a premier setup man, allow Staal to move up the depth chart, and fit Brule and Cogliano into their 2nd and 3rd lines. Plus add the two prospects picked up via draft.

Elite players get traded. And thats a lot of value going back.

Huh?? If that's the case, why bother even proposing it on here?

Stoneman89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 11:25 PM
belair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneman89 View Post
Huh?? If that's the case, why bother even proposing it on here?
Sigh.

Quote:
Over the past month or so, rumours have been circulating about the Oilers hunting for another Top-5 pick in the 2010 draft. And at the hands of salivating Oilers fans and even well-known media folk, Ales Hemsky's name has been thrown into the fire. I, for one, am disgusted at the idea of trading our most popular, and talented player for potential--as if we didn't have enough already.

In my eyes, Ales Hemsky is untouchable. But in my boredom, I have constructed a deal that looks too good for me to pass up myself. It is necessary to state that this trade is highly unlikely, in the fact that a certain player in this deal would very likely refuse the deal, even though a no-trade clause is not in place. This is just for kicks.

The Oilers make this deal to acquire a young, bonefide superstar centre without having to go the draft route. They also clear a logjam of forwards and make room to fit in prospects who are ready for a shake in the bigs. Meanwhile, they also add a bit of defensive depth.

The Penguins make this deal to adjust from being a top-heavy roster, while adding a bit of cap relief. They add to their team, a complimentary forward who could potentially bring Crosby to the next level. They also add depth to their offense by bringing in some young, speedy forwards.

belair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 12:05 AM
smokersarejokers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Oil View Post
This is generally a terrible post. No GM in their right mind would accept Myers or Hedman (even with other pieces) for Malkin.
Posted via Mobile Device
It would have to depend on the package. The Pens could really use a franchise d-man once Gonchar retires.

It would obviously be hard to part with Geno though.

smokersarejokers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 01:08 AM
PaperDesigner

I wonder if they wouldn't be better off sending Gagner and downgrading the 1st round pick next year to a 2nd. If you're already up a Malkin, why do you need Gagner?

PaperDesigner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 02:08 AM
John Hancock

The Penguins would only trade Malkin for a defenseman elite enough to replace their aging Gonchar (today, not someone with "potential") and then a player with Hemsky's skill level on top of that, and then likely another roster player as well, or top level prospect.

100 point players go for a lot. As much as I like Malkin, and would love to see a player of that caliber on this team, Edmonton just doesn't have the pieces. You'd have an easier time getting Jordan Staal, or one of Boston's centers, but you'd have to overpay for them as well.

-JH.

John Hancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 02:15 AM
Lounge Act*

What scenario(s) would have to play out for his trade value to be at it's peak? For example next year, he stays reasonably healthy and is on pace for a 25/75-type of season? Would you trade him on DD? It's tricky because if that were to play out I'm skeptical even then he would garner a return that we would all be satisfied with.

Lounge Act* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 05:08 AM
okgooil
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
Done... instantly. You can take out Despres too. The Pens don't do it.

You're not a fan of a 6'3 23 year old centerman with 77 points in 67 games?

You're not a fan of a 23 year old who has had 2 100 point seasons to his name including winning the Art Ross? Who has been in the top 20 in all 4 seasons of his career. Including 2 top 5 finishes (would be top 5 this year at the pace he is scoring).

You're not a fan of a 23 year old who has 62 points in 49 career playoff games? Including leading the playoffs in scoring last year and winning the Conn Smythe?

Malkin is an elite franchise player far above the likes of anything we are going to see this year or next. I would make this trade even if the pick next year was guaranteed to be 1st overall.
I probably do it, Malkin is a stud. He had sort a off year this year, but the guy is just amazing really.

okgooil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 05:17 AM
N O T O R I O U S
╱█████★█████╲

vCash: 100
Malkin , Ovechkin, Crosby (PROPOSAL) should be bend

N O T O R I O U S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 09:41 AM
Meanashell11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke the Fridge View Post
Battle of the Bulge when the Germans had the American troops surrounded and they asked for their surrender

http://www.thedropzone.org/europe/Bulge/kinnard.html
Bingo!

Meanashell11 is online now   Reply With Quote