HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBC - The Hot Stove

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-10-2010, 08:02 PM
  #1
aBurmistrov
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,401
vCash: 500
CBC - The Hot Stove

Glenn Healy or Pierre LeBrun on the hot stove said he heard stuff about how Atlanta Thrashers organization will likely fire JA at end of season. Mike milbury and Healy doesn't like it and they are saying how there making JA the scapegoat for there lack of success and DW should be gone. Healy also said there has to be something up in Atlanta for not firing DW.

What do you guys think? Should DW be the one gone first?


Last edited by aBurmistrov: 04-10-2010 at 08:14 PM.
aBurmistrov is offline  
Old
04-10-2010, 08:14 PM
  #2
Shameus
Moderator
 
Shameus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Middle of a Migraine
Country: Ireland
Posts: 5,675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by klaze View Post
Glenn Healy or Pierre LeBrun on the hot stove said he heard stuff about how Atlanta Thrashers organization will likely fire JA at end of season. Mike milbury and Healy doesn't like it and they are saying how there making JA the scapegoat for there lack of success and DW should be gone. Healy also said there has to be something up in Atlanta for not firing DW.

What do you guys think? Should DW be the one gone first?
Look Here

Shameus is offline  
Old
04-10-2010, 09:12 PM
  #3
aBurmistrov
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,401
vCash: 500
Oops, thanks for link, you can close this thread.

aBurmistrov is offline  
Old
04-11-2010, 12:02 PM
  #4
Bongo
Registered User
 
Bongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,098
vCash: 500
This is the first sensible thing either Healy or Milbury have said regarding the Thrashers.

"Something stinks in Atlanta."...Glenn Healy

Bongo is online now  
Old
04-11-2010, 03:48 PM
  #5
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth
 
Rhodes 81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 12,190
vCash: 500
if you were going to fire waddell two years ago than fine, maybe even last year then fine, but i don't see how anyone can blame waddell for this season. the team was good, very good, and several people were picking us to be the surprise team this year.

maybe kovalchuk could have been handled better but even then waddell made the offers he could afford to make and when he realized they wouldn't be accepted he moved him. how many times did we see the team not show up for the first 40 minutes? how many times did we see them fail to adjust to teams that had them figured out? that's on the coaching staff and that's where the blame is.

Rhodes 81 is offline  
Old
04-11-2010, 04:18 PM
  #6
Toque-trick
Registered User
 
Toque-trick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between the pipes
Country: Poland
Posts: 85
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 10 View Post
....... the team was good, very good, ............
excuse me? 35-47 is very good?

Toque-trick is offline  
Old
04-11-2010, 04:21 PM
  #7
Shaiboo
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 53
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toque-trick View Post
excuse me? 35-47 is very good?
Yeah.... But the man has a good 10-year plan.

Shaiboo is offline  
Old
04-11-2010, 04:41 PM
  #8
dj4aces
Registered User
 
dj4aces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,900
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 10 View Post
the team was good, very good, and several people were picking us to be the surprise team this year.
Maybe, but more people were picking Atlanta to be in the 27th-30th range this year, with another lottery pick in hand.

Waddell needs to go. If the new GM decides to fire Anderson, then so be it.

dj4aces is offline  
Old
04-11-2010, 04:46 PM
  #9
hockey momma
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4aces View Post
Maybe, but more people were picking Atlanta to be in the 27th-30th range this year, with another lottery pick in hand.

Waddell needs to go. If the new GM decides to fire Anderson, then so be it.
Have to agree with a lot that Kozlov said in the AJC about the coaching staff. JA needs to go along with the rest of the coaching staff but not Waddell. I think this team is good enough on paper and will do better with another coach, something like what Kozzy said

hockey momma is offline  
Old
04-11-2010, 07:51 PM
  #10
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth
 
Rhodes 81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 12,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toque-trick View Post
excuse me? 35-47 is very good?
the players. the talent, on paper. not the actual record. our team was just as talented as many teams that made the playoffs this year.

Rhodes 81 is offline  
Old
04-11-2010, 08:16 PM
  #11
btn
Gone Hollywood
 
btn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: ATL
Country: United States
Posts: 15,674
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 10 View Post
the players. the talent, on paper. not the actual record. our team was just as talented as many teams that made the playoffs this year.
Who in the East is our team better than on paper? We certainly aren't as good as any of the Western Conference teams.

btn is offline  
Old
04-12-2010, 06:29 AM
  #12
Bongo
Registered User
 
Bongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,098
vCash: 500
Paper doesn't play. The last ten years speak for themselves. As long as D-Wads around, ASS will never convince anyone they're serious about owning a successful hockey team.

Bongo is online now  
Old
04-12-2010, 06:56 AM
  #13
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 11,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
Paper doesn't play. The last ten years speak for themselves. As long as D-Wads around, ASS will never convince anyone they're serious about owning a successful hockey team.
Yeah...I don't see how anyone can at all defend keeping Wad around. He is responsible for putting together a winning, competitive team and has done nothing in 10 years. Both free agents and fans are fleeing the franchise because of constant fail, and he should stick around because he put a good team together on paper???? Um...no. A message needs to be sent to the 20 of us that are left that things need to change. Waddell hasn't worked.

AtlantaWhaler is online now  
Old
04-12-2010, 10:33 AM
  #14
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky
 
ThrasherMinion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 4,255
vCash: 500
Waddell picked 3 coaces already. The only one with any success butted heads with DW and said he didn't have the pieces he needed. Waddell fired him. He MUST GO !

ThrasherMinion is offline  
Old
04-12-2010, 10:58 AM
  #15
dj4aces
Registered User
 
dj4aces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,900
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ever View Post
Have to agree with a lot that Kozlov said in the AJC about the coaching staff. JA needs to go along with the rest of the coaching staff but not Waddell. I think this team is good enough on paper and will do better with another coach, something like what Kozzy said
You misunderstand. I never said I disagree with Kozlov. I said the GM needs to go. Slight difference.

dj4aces is offline  
Old
04-12-2010, 11:04 AM
  #16
Enstrom39
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky17 View Post
Waddell picked 3 coaces already. The only one with any success butted heads with DW and said he didn't have the pieces he needed. Waddell fired him. He MUST GO !
Could say 4 coaches if you count the 76 games by Waddell/McCrimmon.

Enstrom39 is offline  
Old
04-12-2010, 11:05 AM
  #17
flerd_trandle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky17 View Post
Waddell picked 3 coaces already. The only one with any success butted heads with DW and said he didn't have the pieces he needed. Waddell fired him. He MUST GO !
To be fair, Hartley butted heads with the players too. He lost the locker room and needed to go too. Right now I'd say Waddell is 0 for 3 in coaching choices.

flerd_trandle is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:10 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.