HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Souray

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-12-2009, 02:29 PM
  #101
Other Little Mikey
Registered User
 
Other Little Mikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,846
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by foshizzle View Post
REA- a 4 million dollar home is not going to be on the news- regardless of what you say.
A $4 million home, no. A $4 million home being built by an Oiler ... possibly. This is Edmonton.

Other Little Mikey is offline  
Old
06-12-2009, 02:32 PM
  #102
Oi'll say!
Registered User
 
Oi'll say!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Oil in 9
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAlexander View Post
I didn't want Souray traded until I saw that orangy floral carpet. Now he has to go.

Oi'll say! is offline  
Old
06-12-2009, 02:32 PM
  #103
Soundwave
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 26,637
vCash: 500
That house isn't all that great for someone making that kind of salary honestly.

Wouldn't surprise me if he's building a new house.

Soundwave is online now  
Old
06-12-2009, 02:58 PM
  #104
TakkoTime
Registered User
 
TakkoTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real_Estate-Agent View Post
I am not being sarcastic.... Katz's 20 million dollar home was in the news because it was the most expensive home being built in Edmonton.

I was responding to a poster who stated Souray was building a 4 million dollar home in Sherwood Park - that mansion would hit the news for the exact same reason......
I was also a REA forever. There are TONS of million dollar + homes around Sherwood; I was suprised when I was down there to do work. Especially just 'out of town' by the funeral home on those RR's. There is a 5 million dollar home just kitty corner to me in Leduc, too... there are a lot of homes all around the outskirts of the city that will blow your socks off. I had an offer on a 3 million plus acreage just outside of Leduc this spring. It's not something particularly newsworthy at all, IMO.

-Takko

TakkoTime is offline  
Old
06-12-2009, 03:09 PM
  #105
Oi'll say!
Registered User
 
Oi'll say!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Oil in 9
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
That house isn't all that great for someone making that kind of salary honestly.

Wouldn't surprise me if he's building a new house.
From what I've read, he had a house in Edm b4 he got traded here. Maybe that was it and if so, it's a pretty skookum off-season pad. Especially considering he wasn't making thgis much dough when he was playing in Mtl - ie, when he bought it. (the price history on mlxchange would show when it was last sold, if it was listed there, but you have to have a login. I'm not snooping)

Apparently he has a different residence in Edm whichis his primary one. I don't know 4 sure though. If he does then this thread should be closed for being so misleading.

Oi'll say! is offline  
Old
06-12-2009, 03:34 PM
  #106
Real_Estate-Agent
Registered User
 
Real_Estate-Agent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,463
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say! View Post

Apparently he has a different residence in Edm whichis his primary one.

I don't know 4 sure though.
Is it apparent....

Or do you not know........

Real_Estate-Agent is offline  
Old
06-12-2009, 04:26 PM
  #107
Oi'll say!
Registered User
 
Oi'll say!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Oil in 9
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real_Estate-Agent View Post
Is it apparent....

Or do you not know........
Someone mentioned in the first couple pages of the thread that he lives in a different house in the city and that the house that's listed is one that he owned since b4 he was an Oiler and that he was renting out to Gagner, Gilbert and (Nilsson or Cogs) last season.

I don't like to call people here liars but I don't take anything as fact without some kind of proof either. I just went with "apparently" but it would have been more accurate to say "the unconfirmed word on hfoil is"...


Just tracked it down, it was post #24 from coppernblue, he said he was quoting Jason Gregor. Considering the source I'll consider it as fact until proven otherwise but you can be your own judge.

Oi'll say! is offline  
Old
06-12-2009, 04:30 PM
  #108
n00b1AnPr1nc355
Registered User
 
n00b1AnPr1nc355's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,662
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say! View Post
Someone mentioned in the first couple pages of the thread that he lives in a different house in the city and that the house that's listed is one that he owned since b4 he was an Oiler and that he was renting out to Gagner, Gilbert and (Nilsson or Cogs) last season.

I don't like to call people here liars but I don't take anything as fact without some kind of proof either. I just went with "apparently" but it would have been more accurate to say "the unconfirmed word on hfoil is"...
moreau rents the house to those guys not souray.

n00b1AnPr1nc355 is offline  
Old
06-12-2009, 04:32 PM
  #109
edmonton_ice
Registered User
 
edmonton_ice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 930
vCash: 500
Here's a guess...

He may spend his summers in LA with his kids and perhaps he's selling his house. Oiler fans jump to conclusions way to easily.

edmonton_ice is offline  
Old
06-12-2009, 04:34 PM
  #110
Oi'll say!
Registered User
 
Oi'll say!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Oil in 9
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b1AnPr1nc355 View Post
moreau rents the house to those guys not souray.
Good grief (and thanks btw). Does anyone know for sure how many houses SS owns here?

Oi'll say! is offline  
Old
06-12-2009, 04:34 PM
  #111
Asher
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,991
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b1AnPr1nc355 View Post
moreau rents the house to those guys not souray.
And apparently Moreau has sold that house. IIRC, Gilbert said he bought a house and will allow the other two guys to rent from him. It really will make me sad if Gibby is traded, especially when I hear stories like that.

Asher is offline  
Old
06-12-2009, 11:53 PM
  #112
MerryJ99
Registered User
 
MerryJ99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Daftwager View Post
Spin II Host will pull a title for $10.
https://alta.registries.gov.ab.ca/spinii/logon.aspx
I only pay $5.00 to pull title on the SPIN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foshizzle View Post
REA- a 4 million dollar home is not going to be on the news- regardless of what you say.
No kidding, I also know of a home that is almost built just outside of Edmonton worth well over 10 mil and that did not hit the news, the guy is building this after selling a home worth more than 4 million....now that was a beautiful home I loved showing that one, but my clients purchased something else as they took too long making up their minds on the over 4 mil home, look it up REA you should be able to figure out what house I am talking about. I know the seller was building a new one that was 8000 sq feet bigger. Oh and that 4.5 million dollar home never hit the news when it was built and I believe it was only 3 or 4 yrs old if that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real_Estate-Agent View Post
I am not being sarcastic.... Katz's 20 million dollar home was in the news because it was the most expensive home being built in Edmonton.

I was responding to a poster who stated Souray was building a 4 million dollar home in Sherwood Park - that mansion would hit the news for the exact same reason......
Why is that, because you say so?

MerryJ99 is offline  
Old
06-13-2009, 12:57 AM
  #113
Real_Estate-Agent
Registered User
 
Real_Estate-Agent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,463
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerryJ99 View Post

the guy is building this after selling a home worth more than 4 million....

<clip>

Oh and that 4.5 million dollar home never hit the news when it was built and I believe it was only 3 or 4 yrs old if that.
Some posters keep pretending that 4 million dollar mansions are "a dime a dozen" - the facts prove otherwise.

Since MLS records were kept, only one listed "Edmonton boundary" house is on record as being sold for more than $3 million.

Since you claim you are a realtor, put in the search parameters of Edmonton - sold - minimum of $3 million into mlxchange...

Then come back & tell everyone if I am correct...


That is why I consider a supposed $4 million house built by a hockey player to be newsworthy.

Yet Sheldon Souray's new mansion never hit the news......

Real_Estate-Agent is offline  
Old
06-13-2009, 01:26 AM
  #114
TakkoTime
Registered User
 
TakkoTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 488
vCash: 500
I dunno; there are plenty of places over 3 million. Maybe some haven't been sold.. there are lots especially in Sherwood Park.. and any acreage worth its salt is easily over 3 mill.. I'm curious now too.. I'll have to check out MLX when I get back. I still don't think we'd know about it or whether it is newsworthy. I doubt it.

-Takko

TakkoTime is offline  
Old
06-13-2009, 02:20 AM
  #115
MerryJ99
Registered User
 
MerryJ99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,151
vCash: 500
Just because only one has sold does not mean that there are not those types of homes out there because there are. Most of those people do not flip their mansions though, when you live in Edmonton or the surrounding area and own an Estate type home or an Acreage with a 5000sq ft home you usually don't move away from them if you don't have to.

Again why would it make the news? You make it seem like Edmonton or the surrounding area have no luxury homes when it does. There is currently a 6 million dollar home for sale as well, should that make the news too?

I am just saying that because his home is for sale does not mean that he is moving away, maybe he didn't like his neighbors and wants more privacy from the fans and the media, and what better than hiding away on a private acreage with the house of your dreams? Its not like he doesn't have the money to do that now. I thought he was just finishing up his new home about a month ago so to me this makes more sense than him up and leaving.

MerryJ99 is offline  
Old
06-13-2009, 05:41 AM
  #116
Spartan117
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Country: Canada
Posts: 336
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real_Estate-Agent View Post
I posted this a few weeks ago...

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...5#post19756755

The key for any deal is to make it beneficial for both sides.

My theory was to keep our 10th plus add an additional high pick. With us having four offensive defensemen, LA would be the best trade partner.

We have little cap space; LA has lots... We have four top 4 defensemen signed (assuming Grebs) plus Smid almost ready to move up (assuming signed).

LA only spent $9 million on defense last year (assuming bonuses did not kick in). They have two talented but very young defensemen in Johnson & Doughty.

Greene & Preissing are signed for for a few more years... I'm guessing Souray would meet their offense & leadership needs quite well. In addition, a year from now, his cap hit is almost $1 million higher than his salary (another bonus for LA).

While this would weaken our defense a fraction, I believe Gilbert / Grebeshkov / Smid have improved enough so the damage to the Oilers will be minimal.

The benefit for the Oilers is that this would free up cap space to sign a top 6 forward (Jagr / Hossa?) for a year...

Is the gamble of trading Souray for the #5 pick too steep of a price?

Not to me - especially if we get to also keep the #10 pick...

No way Hossa is coming to anyplace other than L.A. or NYC because of his wife to be. She agreed to him playing one season in Detroit only to win a cup, otherwise, she wants nothing to do with a city that doesn't have star power cause that's what she's interested.

Spartan117 is offline  
Old
06-13-2009, 07:42 AM
  #117
alphahelix
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,312
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerryJ99 View Post
Just because only one has sold does not mean that there are not those types of homes out there because there are. Most of those people do not flip their mansions though, when you live in Edmonton or the surrounding area and own an Estate type home or an Acreage with a 5000sq ft home you usually don't move away from them if you don't have to.

Again why would it make the news? You make it seem like Edmonton or the surrounding area have no luxury homes when it does. There is currently a 6 million dollar home for sale as well, should that make the news too?

I am just saying that because his home is for sale does not mean that he is moving away, maybe he didn't like his neighbors and wants more privacy from the fans and the media, and what better than hiding away on a private acreage with the house of your dreams? Its not like he doesn't have the money to do that now. I thought he was just finishing up his new home about a month ago so to me this makes more sense than him up and leaving.
a friend owns a 6000sq ft 15 minutes from the west ed ( near devon), with acreage + pool/hot tub/ etc ... and got it for almost exactly the price that he sold his 1,200 sq ft house for here in mcmurray. (not anywhere near 3 million)

alphahelix is offline  
Old
06-13-2009, 01:36 PM
  #118
Oi'll say!
Registered User
 
Oi'll say!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Oil in 9
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real_Estate-Agent View Post
Since you claim you are a realtor, put in the search parameters of Edmonton - sold - minimum of $3 million into mlxchange...

Then come back & tell everyone if I am correct...


That is why I consider a supposed $4 million house built by a hockey player to be newsworthy.

Yet Sheldon Souray's new mansion never hit the news......
I've never done anything with real estate in west vancouver but in the wealthiest neighbourhood in canada (by median income), the caufield area, I heard that a lot of the priciest homes aren't listed on mlxchange. They are done privately, by word of mouth.

Maybe some people don't want pictures and virtual 360's of the inside of their house, complete with expensive art and furniture, broadcast around the world???

FWIW there's also a checkbox on the deal sheets at remax re: whether or not the property was listed on mls.

I'm 99% sure that not all deals are listed on mlxchange but I'm not a realtor.

Oi'll say! is offline  
Old
06-13-2009, 02:23 PM
  #119
Homesick
Registered User
 
Homesick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,844
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say! View Post

I'm 99% sure that not all deals are listed on mlxchange but I'm not a realtor.
I believe that all deals done through a licensed realtor must be listed on mlxchange. I'm sure I've read about some slaps on the wrist for not doing so in the "Regulator".
But if Souray bought some land and was having a home built it would not be listed, nor would any home sold by a home builder.

I thought it kinda strange that he would be living in that area. Maybe its just me

Homesick is offline  
Old
06-13-2009, 03:10 PM
  #120
MerryJ99
Registered User
 
MerryJ99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
I believe that all deals done through a licensed realtor must be listed on mlxchange. I'm sure I've read about some slaps on the wrist for not doing so in the "Regulator".
But if Souray bought some land and was having a home built it would not be listed, nor would any home sold by a home builder.

I thought it kinda strange that he would be living in that area. Maybe its just me
No Homes do not have to be on the Mlxchange to be able to have a realtor involved, there are a lot of deals done by exclusive listings as well I would have to say that at least 15% of the homes I sell are listed comfree and I bring a buyer and still get paid my full commission. I have also sold multifamily commercial buildings that never hit the MLS. The proper paperwork must be done and it must be reported, but other than that the homes do not need to be listed on the MLS.

MerryJ99 is offline  
Old
06-13-2009, 03:15 PM
  #121
Ogopogo*
 
Ogopogo*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the tikk View Post
I still don't feel that his defensive game is consistent enough to warrant his $$$.
MacT? Is that you?

Ogopogo* is offline  
Old
06-13-2009, 06:39 PM
  #122
Spiff The Spaceman
Registered User
 
Spiff The Spaceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real_Estate-Agent View Post
Is it apparent....

Or do you not know........
Apparently, he does not know.......like close to 100 percent of the posters here......

Spiff The Spaceman is offline  
Old
04-12-2010, 11:56 AM
  #123
Real_Estate-Agent
Registered User
 
Real_Estate-Agent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,463
vCash: 500
Looks like Souray's house will be going back on the market....

Plus his $4 million house he was building last summer............

Real_Estate-Agent is offline  
Old
04-12-2010, 12:22 PM
  #124
deanmoriarty
Registered User
 
deanmoriarty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: great GOLD north
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,579
vCash: 500
See ya later Mariah, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

deanmoriarty is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:14 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.