Final Game: Edmonton at Anaheim

Old
04-12-2010, 12:36 AM
Crowdy
Co-founder, Crowdy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf View Post
Really, why is that? He hasn't proved to be worth top dollar anymore, and realistically, he might not have a choice. Our financial outlook probably isn't good enough to justify having two $6 million dollar guys back there anymore. Plus, if he really wants to end his career a winner, he might have to see that he's going to need to be flexible to make it work, just like Teemu has for 5 seasons now.
Look at his resume, and oh, he was 12th in scoring for defenseman this season.

Crowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 12:43 AM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLau View Post
Any other team would offer him $6 million, I doubt he signs in Anaheim for only $4 million because of a hometown discount.
Considering he's said he isn't looking at playing anywhere else, I don't. Pronger was traded because this team can't afford two $6 million defensemen. And we already have one signed for exactly that much next season. I doubt Lubo gets traded to accomodate the budget.

The one area Murph differs from Burke(for the most part) is that he has an eye on the grander scheme of things, whereas Burke was most solely concerned with winning now. With that in mind, and the likelihood that Scotty's only going to be around for one more year, I can't see Murph making major sacrifices for the teams' current and long-term future just to keep him around. If he can be fit in at $6 million a year, and the team remains competitive, then it'll be done. I just don't think it can be, and if it can't be, then I doubt it happens.

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 01:01 AM
caliamad

I'm fairly certain that if Murray told Nieds, please sign for 5.5 instead of 6 so I can sign this stud d-men and still be under the cap, there would be no hesitation in Nieds.

If I was Nieds and wanted to play another year, I'd take a discount to make the team more competitive... otherwise why not just retire, he's earned enough coin...

caliamad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 12:55 PM
Doriath

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
LOL Whitney hate. All the booing was initiated by this one guy a few sections over (~418 or so). I'm a known Whitney detractor, I've hated the acquisition since the second it was announced. But now that he's gone, I really couldn't care less how he did. Good or bad. But this guy was on him all night. He started the booing, and some chants. Now I have to confess that I joined in the boos just because it was fun, but it was kind of amusing in the pointlessness. And after he scored, the guy shouted "You still suck."
Yeah, I was in section 419 and I could hear the guy starting all of the Whitney hate. I was confused at first, but then I joined in for the laughs. My favorite chant was, "WE LOVE LUBO! WE LOVE LUBO! "

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
The crowd probably cheered loudest when Parros scored. Gotta love the 'stache.
Yup, and for me, it was the individual effort he showed on that goal. He stripped Pisani, skated as fast as George can and beat Deslauriers with a freakin' wrist shot from the high slot. Who knew he had that in him?

Doriath is offline   Reply With Quote