HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

James Sheppard Appreciation

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-03-2010, 05:25 PM
  #76
Surly Furious
Registered User
 
Surly Furious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: frozen north
Posts: 6,969
vCash: 500
Or the ever popular Yakkety Sax a la Benny Hill.

Surly Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 07:19 PM
  #77
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness
 
firstroundbust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Parts Unknown
Country: United States
Posts: 5,641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookman View Post
Or the ever popular Yakkety Sax a la Benny Hill.




But to be fair to Sheppard, he had a decent effort. I mean, it wasn't Eaves or Wideman-like...

firstroundbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 09:41 AM
  #78
UMD05
Hobey Baker Champs
 
UMD05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: St. Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
This would require the "Skatman" song to be played during it
I'm not really a fan of giving nicknames to a player, but this would be a good one for him. Shep has been playing better lately... maybe this thread upset him.

UMD05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 09:45 AM
  #79
BigT2002
Registered User
 
BigT2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: some other continent
Country: United States
Posts: 12,773
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UMD Bob View Post
I'm not really a fan of giving nicknames to a player, but this would be a good one for him. Shep has been playing better lately... maybe this thread upset him.
You know if that were the case, then he owes us all a beer for stepping up his game. I wish him the best, but lord he is fun to poke fun of sometimes

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 10:48 AM
  #80
mnwildgophers
Registered User
 
mnwildgophers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: MN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,497
vCash: 500
He's got to come up with a good start next year, he's showing that he wants to be here, but what does it matter now? He's got to play when it matters and over a whole season.

mnwildgophers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 04:39 PM
  #81
Surly Furious
Registered User
 
Surly Furious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: frozen north
Posts: 6,969
vCash: 500
What Shep needs is to become good at something. Be physical, win face offs, make plays, score goals, fight, shut down opponents. Just become good at just one thing. His problem is that he is average at some things, and below average at others, and really good at nothing. Sad but true.

Surly Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 04:42 PM
  #82
GopherState
Repeat Offender...
 
GopherState's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: X Marks The Spot
Posts: 22,828
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UMD Bob View Post
I'm not really a fan of giving nicknames to a player, but this would be a good one for him. Shep has been playing better lately... maybe this thread upset him.
I hope so. It was refreshing to not yell at the television every time Shep had the puck yesterday.

Keep up the good work Jimmy!

GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 12:24 AM
  #83
GopherState
Repeat Offender...
 
GopherState's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: X Marks The Spot
Posts: 22,828
vCash: 500
A state (of hockey) mourns as James got hurt tonight.

GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 08:09 AM
  #84
BigT2002
Registered User
 
BigT2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: some other continent
Country: United States
Posts: 12,773
vCash: 500
Did he get a hangnail?

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 09:32 AM
  #85
Surly Furious
Registered User
 
Surly Furious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: frozen north
Posts: 6,969
vCash: 500
I did notice him wipe out a few times, then get boarded. It was only of a replay later that they showed him getting fallen upon and hurting his knee.

Surly Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 05:44 PM
  #86
GopherState
Repeat Offender...
 
GopherState's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: X Marks The Spot
Posts: 22,828
vCash: 500
Bad news everyone:
Quote:
It's not like there's a blue-chip forward or two waiting in the wings. James Sheppard is not going to magically turn into Zach Parise.
There goes my trade idea:
To NJ: Sheppard - Devils need a center
To MN: Parise - local kid and Wild need a scorer.

GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 07:17 PM
  #87
BigT2002
Registered User
 
BigT2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: some other continent
Country: United States
Posts: 12,773
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
Bad news everyone:


There goes my trade idea:
To NJ: Sheppard - Devils need a center
To MN: Parise - local kid and Wild need a scorer.
I could of wrote that article for christs sakes. Nothing we didn't already know far as I'm concerned.

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2010, 07:32 PM
  #88
mnwildgophers
Registered User
 
mnwildgophers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: MN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,497
vCash: 500
But, not every Joe Schmoe is into hockey like we are so I think that's why it was written. It's a nice overview, but we do know pretty much everything he said. It was cool to see some of the Fletcher quotes.

mnwildgophers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 02:06 PM
  #89
GopherState
Repeat Offender...
 
GopherState's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: X Marks The Spot
Posts: 22,828
vCash: 500
Russo on Shep:
Quote:
In 64 games, Sheppard scored two goals and four assists, or one more goal and one more assist than rookie Casey Wellman got in 12 games.

I've gotten dozens and dozens of emails this season and especially in the last week saying when is it time to get rid of Sheppard.

I agree with one point fans are making: The Wild cannot waste another roster spot on Sheppard if he doesn't warrant one.

You can bet that will be conveyed to him in a clear, concise, brash way by Fletcher. Right now, the Wild plans to tender Sheppard a qualifying offer because the Wild's not good enough yet to just be dumping 21-year-old former first-round picks, and forwards at that.

Remember, his cap hit this year was $1.4 million only because potential bonuses on entry-level deals have to be worked into the cap. But performance bonuses don't exist on second contracts, so his salary is 850K. But that includes an $85,000 signing bonus, so his salary is actually $765,000. He'd get a 10-percent raise on that, so his QO would be $841,500. If they tender him the QO, it'll be a two-way deal with a $67,500 minor-league salary.
Fletcher on Shep (note: there is more on the subject in Russo's blog):
Quote:
“At this point, I don’t see why we wouldn’t qualify him. He’s still a young player. It’s too early to get into what we’re going to do and what we’re not going to do. There’s a lot of time. We have spent a lot of time kicking around ideas, preparing for the draft, free agency and looking for possible solutions to perceived problems. But until we begin fully breaking down the season, it’s premature to speculate on my part. Whatever plan we come up with for this summer, it only takes one phone call from a GM to send me down a different path. We’ll go through a thorough analysis of the season -- strengths and weaknesses and looking at why we weren’t successful on the road and inconsistent all around. But we’re a non-playoff team. As I’ve said, nobody should feel secure.”

GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 02:09 PM
  #90
mnwildgophers
Registered User
 
mnwildgophers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: MN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,497
vCash: 500
Hopefully Shep gets the message, or we can move him out for something, anything at this point, or he could be part of a package? I can't imagine much trade value.

mnwildgophers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 02:29 PM
  #91
shleeban
Registered User
 
shleeban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Burnsville, MN
Posts: 253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnwildgophers View Post
Hopefully Shep gets the message, or we can move him out for something, anything at this point, or he could be part of a package? I can't imagine much trade value.
do you play nhl 10 at all? because EA sports has him with B potential and he ends up becoming higher ranked than letsundresse once they are fully developed in the game ROFL. I think someone gave EA the risebrough koolaid

shleeban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 02:36 PM
  #92
mnwildgophers
Registered User
 
mnwildgophers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: MN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shleeban View Post
do you play nhl 10 at all? because EA sports has him with B potential and he ends up becoming higher ranked than letsundresse once they are fully developed in the game ROFL. I think someone gave EA the risebrough koolaid
Yeah man I waste so much time on that game, everything from BAP's to fantasy drafts, I won the cup with the Wild, I think I got Detroit's 1st and 2nd picks for Ebbett and Boogaard, the best part was that they offered it to me. I won the cup that year, but I have since deleted that save. I usually have Shep centering the 3rd line when I first start as the Wild, but then I usually try to move him as part of a package to get a real good winger.

Latendresse is rated at an 80, I simmed a lot of games as the Wild, he scored so many clutch goals. I like to play goalie, but every time I let in a goal, I get all pissed off.

In other news, I hope Shep gets the message, puts in his hard work, and then we trade him and hopefully get some sort of value for him.

mnwildgophers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 03:06 PM
  #93
shleeban
Registered User
 
shleeban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Burnsville, MN
Posts: 253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnwildgophers View Post
Yeah man I waste so much time on that game, everything from BAP's to fantasy drafts, I won the cup with the Wild, I think I got Detroit's 1st and 2nd picks for Ebbett and Boogaard, the best part was that they offered it to me. I won the cup that year, but I have since deleted that save. I usually have Shep centering the 3rd line when I first start as the Wild, but then I usually try to move him as part of a package to get a real good winger.

Latendresse is rated at an 80, I simmed a lot of games as the Wild, he scored so many clutch goals. I like to play goalie, but every time I let in a goal, I get all pissed off.

In other news, I hope Shep gets the message, puts in his hard work, and then we trade him and hopefully get some sort of value for him.
what about this trade?

sheppard-cuma-harding-2nd pick (Washington)

for

iginla at draft

or am i extremely far off?

hahaha thatd be a scoring winger for koivu and company

shleeban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 03:14 PM
  #94
mnwildgophers
Registered User
 
mnwildgophers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: MN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shleeban View Post
what about this trade?

sheppard-cuma-harding-2nd pick (Washington)

for

iginla at draft

or am i extremely far off?

hahaha thatd be a scoring winger for koivu and company
Can't see it. That's way too little for Iginla. He would at least warrant a 1st. Shep has been bad, Cuma hasn't been himself, and Harding has been hurt a lot lately. The value just isn't there to land Iginla. We'd need to do something more along the lines of...

1st 2010+2nd 2010 (Wash's)+Scandella/Cuma+something else

for

Iginla.

That still might not be enough, he's been the Flames icon that he'd require a huge overpayment if you ask me. I just think other teams could offer up better packages, and we need to keep our prospects, not trading away picks like this.

mnwildgophers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 03:22 PM
  #95
shleeban
Registered User
 
shleeban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Burnsville, MN
Posts: 253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnwildgophers View Post
Can't see it. That's way too little for Iginla. He would at least warrant a 1st. Shep has been bad, Cuma hasn't been himself, and Harding has been hurt a lot lately. The value just isn't there to land Iginla. We'd need to do something more along the lines of...

1st 2010+2nd 2010 (Wash's)+Scandella/Cuma+something else

for

Iginla.

That still might not be enough, he's been the Flames icon that he'd require a huge overpayment if you ask me. I just think other teams could offer up better packages, and we need to keep our prospects, not trading away picks like this.
i agree on that, i was just trying to make it happen without giving away our entire future.... we are stacked on defense right now so i wanted to include some there. i have heard iginla is on the blocks this year potentially though. so who knows. he is getting older. stranger things have happened

shleeban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 03:24 PM
  #96
shleeban
Registered User
 
shleeban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Burnsville, MN
Posts: 253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shleeban View Post
i agree on that, i was just trying to make it happen without giving away our entire future.... we are stacked on defense right now so i wanted to include some there. i have heard iginla is on the blocks this year potentially though. so who knows. he is getting older. stranger things have happened
also, with it being leaked that souray wants out do we make a deal for him with schultz in the package? it would make our pp WAY better, add grit and toughness, and get rid of that lengthy contract of schultz, yes wed be overpaying souray, but he only has 2 years left on his contract

shleeban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 03:27 PM
  #97
mnwildgophers
Registered User
 
mnwildgophers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: MN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shleeban View Post
also, with it being leaked that souray wants out do we make a deal for him with schultz in the package? it would make our pp WAY better, add grit and toughness, and get rid of that lengthy contract of schultz, yes wed be overpaying souray, but he only has 2 years left on his contract
I'd rather not waste 5.4 mil on our cap hit for Souray. He has been injured, and I don't think he would be a big addition for us. It wouldn't be a good trade at all. I'd rather have Schultz than Souray.

Iginla, if moved, will warrant a lot of picks or a great player back. He's still a good player, but I still don't think he gets moved.

mnwildgophers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 03:32 PM
  #98
shleeban
Registered User
 
shleeban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Burnsville, MN
Posts: 253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnwildgophers View Post
I'd rather not waste 5.4 mil on our cap hit for Souray. He has been injured, and I don't think he would be a big addition for us. It wouldn't be a good trade at all. I'd rather have Schultz than Souray.

Iginla, if moved, will warrant a lot of picks or a great player back. He's still a good player, but I still don't think he gets moved.
Really? i think itd be a great strategy move by fletch. Just hear me out on this one. Fletch trades schultz/sheppard/2nd rounder for souray (or something along those lines his value isnt huge) and takes on souray for 1 year and trades him at the deadline for picks this gets rid of schultzs length (which hes a bottom pairing now kinda worthless) and the wild gets a Huge player on the PP, did you see his amount of points early in the season? and adds room for cuma-scandella in 2011-12 season.

Its a game of chess, we arent going to be contenders next year, but this could help.

shleeban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 03:40 PM
  #99
mnwildgophers
Registered User
 
mnwildgophers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: MN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shleeban View Post
Really? i think itd be a great strategy move by fletch. Just hear me out on this one. Fletch trades schultz/sheppard/2nd rounder for souray (or something along those lines his value isnt huge) and takes on souray for 1 year and trades him at the deadline for picks this gets rid of schultzs length (which hes a bottom pairing now kinda worthless) and the wild gets a Huge player on the PP, did you see his amount of points early in the season? and adds room for cuma-scandella in 2011-12 season.

Its a game of chess, we arent going to be contenders next year, but this could help.
I think that Schultz could be on the way out, but I'd rather keep him and Shep and keep our 2nd rounder since we so desperately need prospects. I think that Schultz would be better to have than Souray anyways. I don't like his cap hit, and I think that we would be better off served keeping Havlat at PP point rather than taking on the burden of Souray. We don't even know if he would warrant picks/prospects back.

You can't know if we are going to be contenders or not next season. I don't think that Souray would be a good addition or even as a stopgap, I'd rather trade Schultz away as part of package for a forward, not a d-man.

mnwildgophers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 03:46 PM
  #100
shleeban
Registered User
 
shleeban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Burnsville, MN
Posts: 253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnwildgophers View Post
I think that Schultz could be on the way out, but I'd rather keep him and Shep and keep our 2nd rounder since we so desperately need prospects. I think that Schultz would be better to have than Souray anyways. I don't like his cap hit, and I think that we would be better off served keeping Havlat at PP point rather than taking on the burden of Souray. We don't even know if he would warrant picks/prospects back.

You can't know if we are going to be contenders or not next season. I don't think that Souray would be a good addition or even as a stopgap, I'd rather trade Schultz away as part of package for a forward, not a d-man.
this is the offer i made. far off, but not too bad for either side

To edm:
Nick schultz
pierre marc bouchard
james sheppard
2nd round 2010 (washington)
2nd round 2010 (minnesota)

to Wild:
dustin penner
sheldon souray



hahah wont happen

shleeban is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.