HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sergei back O'Byrnes out

Old
04-12-2010, 02:19 PM
LowBallFern

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
You could give MAB a GPS and a spotter and he'd still be ****in' lost in the defensive zone.

Ovechkin WAY stronger than Bergeron, so along the boards, Bergy is done for. O'bryne is cautious and doesn't pinch nearly as often as Bergy does. The game gets nasty do you really want Bergy to be out there with Markov to be his defender ?

Besides, Spacek and Hamrlik will be giving the main duty against Ov I suspect.
I think people should take a peak at video's on Ovy Vs Obyrne....Lol
Ovy had sooo much fun...... But that's just me! I prefer MAB aginst a team Washington.

LowBallFern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 02:22 PM
Nedved

I don't mind these lines at all. As much as I like O'bryne, i think this line up gives us the most opportunity to produce.

While Bergeron is a liability, having markov of as partner will help. Bergeron has been a beast lately, and even though I am critical of him we need him if we're going to have any chance.

Obryne's time will come, right now though he has made some bad choices pinching.

GO HABS GO

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 02:24 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

1) Maximize offense

2) ???

3)Hopefully pull somme profit out of it

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 02:24 PM
Harry Kakalovich

good lineup. 3rd and 4th lines are so very key in the playoffs, which is why I like using MAB on defence. He might cost the Habs some goals, but hopefully he can score some too.

Harry Kakalovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 02:26 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowBallFern View Post
I think people should take a peak at video's on Ovy Vs Obyrne....Lol
Ovy had sooo much fun...... But that's just me! I prefer MAB aginst a team Washington.
You should take a peak at this video :

(4K posts....uh, kind of a good one I guess )

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 02:31 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitano View Post
I won't disagree with you, you're probably right.

But I can't see JM deserting his 'system' for a balls-out offensive style. We're going to play it close to the vest and rely on our goaltending to save us - like this whole year pretty much.

We're going to trap, trap, and then trap some more, pray a little bit for some timely goals, hope our PP comes to play, and our goalie stands on his head.

That's pretty much it, lol.
True, he won't desert his system--but if employed properly, his system isn't all that bad. When all four lines play the dump and fore-check to the tee, we play pretty darn well. We play like garbage when we lose battles along the boards, and generally get out-muscled all over the ice. IMO, two guys will balance our luck in the right or wrong direction, and that's Pouliot and A.Kostitsyn. When these guys battle for the puck and play aggressively in the offensive zone, scoring chances start falling like rain. When they both play lazy, you can pretty much kiss scoring chances or momentum in general goodbye. I thought they both played well on Saturday, and they were a big reason why Gionta and Cammy had so many scoring chances. -2 is not indicative of how AK played, i don't care what anybody says. If Cammy could find the back the net like he's supposed to, people would have been applauding AK, but as it is the case for most people, all they do is look at stats to judge someone's performance. I'm pretty confident that Cammy has woken up, and that if AK and Pouliot can keep their effort level up, we've got a shot at stealing some games and maybe even the series.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 02:33 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

It's funny when people criticize MAB,but fail to see that his goals make up for every stupid mistake he makes out there. If he hadn't score this one below, we wouldn't be in this thread right now.

Old
04-12-2010, 02:38 PM
icerocket

Man you guys...

Complaining already...

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 02:38 PM
Thinkbig

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLPacman67 View Post

PPL don't realize or forget how bad he is because he scored 2-3 goals...

But I must admit, last game he played well. IF he can play the same against the caps, I wouldn't mind. But once he begins to make stupid plays and turnovers, we must bench him immediately.

Thinkbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 02:39 PM
Bronto Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
It's funny when people criticize MAB,but fail to see that his goals make up for every stupid mistake he makes out there. If he hadn't score this one below, we wouldn't be in this thread right now.

Bingo!!

Bronto Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 02:41 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

I think there is merit in matching our worst and best D defensively. When Ovechkin (or anyone) is on the ice Markov is there too, if he isn't then neither is Bergeron.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 02:43 PM
Bronto Dan

oh and on another subject that doesn't invole MAB and O'byrne

Would it be crazy to switch Pouliot for A. Kost or it's too late to change the lines?

Bronto Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 02:51 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

i hope moen-moore-sk is our nedermeyer-phalsson-moen this playoffs!

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 02:51 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post

And if Halak wouldn't have waived at that damn backhand, we would have ended 2-2 if Bergeron didn't score that one. What's your point ? He still sucks defensively.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 02:58 PM
JackZap

Quote:
And if Halak wouldn't have waived at that damn backhand, we would have ended 2-2 if Bergeron didn't score that one. What's your point ? He still sucks defensively.
and gill, OB, hamrlik, gorges, spacek suck offensively. Thats the point

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 03:01 PM
Thinkbig

Quote:

But I must admit, last game he played well. IF he can play the same against the caps, I wouldn't mind. But once he begins to make stupid plays and turnovers, we must bench him immediately.

Thinkbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 03:04 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Try to win with Josh Gorges in your PP. Bergeron brings an aspect to the game much more important than playing well defensively,he's pretty much our only constant PP goal scorer when the PP is rolling. Maybe if Hamrlik and Spacek wouldnt be so atrocious defensively you wouldnt concentrate on MAB's defense.

Old
04-12-2010, 03:05 PM
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkbig View Post

can we bench D men who make mistakes offensively?

Old
04-12-2010, 03:06 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
and gill, OB, hamrlik, gorges, spacek suck offensively. Thats the point
Guess what?

We're not winning this series by trading chances.

One team has 7 20-goal scorers (Mike Green is one away, so that'd be 8 if he had it) and the other has 3.

The only way we're staying in this is by limiting their chances and being opportunistic.

Old
04-12-2010, 03:09 PM
JackZap

Quote:
Guess what?

One team has 7 20-goal scorers (Mike Green is one away, so that'd be 8 if he had it) and the other has 3.

The only way we're staying in this is by limiting their chances and being opportunistic.
I dont think we win by sitting back either, basically we need everything to go right.

Old
04-12-2010, 03:09 PM
eddy

Really glad to see Sergei is back in the line-up. The guy can play and he was one of our best playoff performers 2 years ago.

eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 03:13 PM
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy View Post
Really glad to see Sergei is back in the line-up. The guy can play and he was one of our best playoff performers 2 years ago.
they said he was sick the last few days? not sure how true that is.

Old
04-12-2010, 03:14 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
I dont think we win by sitting back either, basically we need everything to go right.
Not saying sitting back, but we can't have players throwing bomb passes or making risky plays.

From the blueline, there's no one like MAB to make risky plays out of no-pressure situations.

I'd be a lot more comfortable with him as a forward since he can just work to dump it in and maintain pressure in the Wash D-zone. He doesn't have to make the breakout plays or to decide on pinching or not.

Then he can be used for that opoortunistic scoring on the PP.

But that's just me.

Old
04-12-2010, 03:16 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Guess what?

That's the way we lose the serie in 4 games against Washington. Specially if you're the Montreal canadiens.

We don't have the team or the coaching system to limit their chances and wait until they make a mistake to strike. We need to take it to them, their goaltending isn't as good as ours, we should take advantage of that. Semyon Varlamov, despite showing spots of brilliance since the beginning of his career, is far more unproven than our unproven goaltenders in Halak and Price.

Old
04-12-2010, 03:18 PM
JackZap

Quote:
Not saying sitting back, but we can't have players throwing bomb passes or making risky plays.

From the blueline, there's no one like MAB to make risky plays out of no-pressure situations.

I'd be a lot more comfortable with him as a forward since he can just work to dump it in and maintain pressure in the Wash D-zone. He doesn't have to make the breakout plays or to decide on pinching or not.

Then he can be used for that opoortunistic scoring on the PP.

But that's just me.
we will see how he goes. I dont like WSH having the last change with MAB out there but maybe Markov can help with that. He isnt gonna win the Norris but he brings something to the team. u gotta live with what he gives u and gotta live with his mistakes. I like a 7 D lineup myself because if someone is struggling, OB can fit in.