HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Strachan Article on Phoenix

Closed Thread

Old
09-27-2003, 07:40 AM
hbk

vCash: 500
Strachan Article on Phoenix

http://www.canoe.ca/Slam030927/col_strachan-sun.html

Old
09-27-2003, 08:46 AM
Waldo

So far.....

So far this camp both Bierk and Boucher have performed well. It looks to me that both may be contributing this year , unless we lose one of them. Is there a reason why we can't expose Pelts? I'm not familiar with the exact waiver rules. If one of our 3 tenders gets traded do we still need to expose one? Hope someone can enlighten me. I was enlightened once before but that was a long time ago ........ I'm hoping someone can enlighten me again .......

Old
09-27-2003, 08:59 AM

The way the rule works is that you can protect only 2 goalies at max, plus anyone who is a minor league player under a certain age versus games played etc.

Anyway, Pelletier has been in the AHL a number of years, so he is not exempt, and the same goes for Bierk because of age.

LeNevue is exempt.

We can't lose more than one goalie in the waiver draft, so if we lost someone, that would be the end of the damage fortunately, as we have 2 goalies that would be attractive to teams.

Old
09-28-2003, 09:59 AM
Lam7825
Go Goldy Go!

over in Bruins nation, many are convinced that they'll dump Potvin next week and "sign Burke."
I still don't see him leaving....

so, who do the Yotes protect?

Old
09-28-2003, 12:22 PM
Waldo

Tough call

Play Bierk and Boosh every remaining game and keep the one that plays the best. If both play great, try to trade Burke. However, there is no real answer to this dilemma. No matter what they do it's gonna be a painful move. If they are convinced that both Bierk and Boosh can play then I'd be inclined to keep them for the sake of continuity and the notion that they'd be around and in their primes for several years to come. If Burke is kept, then by the time the CBA is signed Burke may be too old to play, especially if the players sit out for a year or two. This is where Allaire really earns his money. It should be his call and I trust him.

Closed Thread