HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Minny Game Tonight.....Blehhhh!!!

Closed Thread

Old
09-27-2003, 07:34 PM
capta

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to capta
Minny Game Tonight.....Blehhhh!!!

Just got back from the Game tonight....yikes, we looked bad. I know Smyth, Hemsky, Brewer, Staios,Salo and Laraque weren't playing, but neither was Gaborik. The only guy who was impressive was Conklin. I was worried about our backup situation, but after seeing Ty tonight, he'll be a solid backup.
-Raffi Torres....whats all the hype for on this guy? And who picked the 3 stars tonight?! Torres the 1st Star?? For a guy who was supposed to be our spark plug, a guy to ignite this Team when their not playing well....I didn't see anything from him. Nada. Zilch.
-Luoma and Bergeron....brutal, the both of them. Neither deserves the 7th spot on d after this performance.
-Salmaleinen...scored a beauty to tie it up....I would take this guy on the Oil rather than Torres or Rita. Great speed and he knows how to put the puck in the net.
-Rita....didn't do anything.
-Sarno....made one good move around a Wild D-man, and looked okay out there.
-Semenov...had a brutal game, gave the puck away on numerous occasions.
-RPM Line was intact! Reasoner, Moreau and Pisani looked okay. Worked hard but didnt get much done.

All in all, a disappointing outing. It was a dull game, with nobody other than perhaps Ty Conklin, really standing out.

Old
09-27-2003, 07:42 PM
coyote

RPM line should have done alot better for a line that has been together for a little while. They were minus 2 for the evening but it's only exhibition. We know that they can do better. York also looks a little tenative; so I think he is still hurting.

Old
09-27-2003, 07:51 PM
Yanner39

First off, it's preseason...But should we be concerned with the lack of offense...I mean, all I keep hearing is Luoma is slow, Bergeron looks awful, Ferguson is in a coma, Semenov looks terrible...Fact is, will we be able to score once the season starts...

3 goals vs Cgy
1 goal vs CGY
2 goals vs Vcr
2 goals vs Minny

Ouch...Again, it's preseason...Looking forward to a lineup that resembles more like the opening night lineup...

Old
09-27-2003, 08:52 PM
jadeddog

yeah york is still hurting, apparently he still has quite a bit or soreness in his hand and not very much strength in it either... i figuer it will be about xmas or so before we really see york playing good hockey again

i am also VERY VERY VERY concerned by our lack of offense.... not so much because of the preseason, but because of who we are counting on this year for offense....

dvorak - had one good season, and may or may not have another one in him... time will tell
hemsky - very talented but also very young
york - coming off major surgury and wont be 100% for a while yet
isbister - career underachiever who still needs to put some consistency together
comrie - or lack thereof... even with a trade, we prolly wont get back immediate offense, more than likely will get a young player who may be good offensively in a couple years

the only real relizble offense we have going into the season is smyth.... to me that is VERY VERY scary

Old
09-27-2003, 11:07 PM
LoudmouthHemskyFan#2

When your team is missing your whole top line, #1 dman, #1 goalie and hold out superstar your going to lose....its plain and simple

Old
09-28-2003, 06:06 AM
Yanner39

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#2
When your team is missing your whole top line, #1 dman, #1 goalie and hold out superstar your going to lose....its plain and simple
Good point LMHF#2...It would just be goodif other pick up the slack...But hey, it's only preseason...

I just read that : Smyth, Hemsky, Isbister, Dvorak, Staios were playing...Sorry I even brought up my silly question...

Old
09-28-2003, 11:15 AM
ZIM

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. van Nostrin
First off, it's preseason...But should we be concerned with the lack of offense...I mean, all I keep hearing is Luoma is slow, Bergeron looks awful, Ferguson is in a coma, Semenov looks terrible...Fact is, will we be able to score once the season starts...

3 goals vs Cgy
1 goal vs CGY
2 goals vs Vcr
2 goals vs Minny

Ouch...Again, it's preseason...Looking forward to a lineup that resembles more like the opening night lineup...
It's way to early to panic. Edmonton's high scoring offence of last year scored 231 goals, ranking 9th in the league. The fact that 40 of those goals, in the form of Comrie and Marchant, are gone and there are no obvious replacements is no reason for despair.
I think the general feeling on this board is that trading Comrie for a d-man is the obvious answer. It isn't offense we need, it's a defence that doesn't allow the opposition more than 1 goal a game. With the Super-D man we get for Comrie the lack of offense will be irrelevant.

Old
09-28-2003, 01:48 PM
hackey
You're Not Bored...

ohhh.... damn those pesky little Minny Wild!!! They're going to be a problem this year.

Old
09-28-2003, 01:58 PM
oildrop

No need to panic people. Without Smyth, Hemsky, Dvorak, Isbister, Brewer, Staios and Laraque what do you expect. Of course it's going to be a dull and boring game with not much offense. Oh yeah, Comrie wasn't there either but he's not even an Oiler right now, as far as I'm concerned.

Closed Thread