HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2010 Draft Lottery Results - Rangers Pick 10th

Old
04-13-2010, 08:58 PM
The Thomas J.*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HVPOLARBEARS19 View Post
I am really not ready to give up on Gilroy after a disappointing rookie season, his first at the professional level...if it happens again next year then fine, not yet though.

Also, B.B. isn't like his dad in terms of physicality.

I like Gilroy too, however I think he is a tradeable asset.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 09:01 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
I like Gilroy too, however I think he is a tradeable asset.
I just think he has the talent to be a 40 point guy. He struggled...a lot, but I really think that he is the kind of guy you don't just give up on. However, we have seen the over valuing of prospects before and didn't trade them when we should have, and settled on getting nothing in return (Montoya).

That being said, considering Gilroy's value is very low since he was benched at the end of the season for Eriksson, I don't see why we should trade him now. I'd rather hold out and hope to see his value increase a bit and then trade him, or better yet, hope he turns into a good player for us.

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 09:01 PM
Cherepanisimov

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
Ok....so we have the 10th pick, what will the Rangers do, will we keep that pick, or put it in a package for a trade to get rid of Redden or to trade for a Brad Richards?
We are going to trade up for Boston's pick and pick Tyler Seguin.

Cherepanisimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 09:04 PM
SML

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Wow, talk about overvaluing a player. Yes he'll score goals, but no one knows if he'll ever be more than a 65-70 point player. Perry and Getzlaf are both better than him, and since Ryan will get paid soon (and probably a lot), he won't be that great a value anymore.
Getzlaf and Perry are not 23, and they are both more experienced. They are SUPPOSED to be better at this point. Isn't the "he's still young" argument what we're always using around here when Staal gets criticized? If we had a 23 year old who scored 35 goals who we picked 2nd overall, he'd be untouchable on this board. You wouldn't move him. End of story.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 09:06 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
Quote:
Originally Posted by SML View Post
Getzlaf and Perry are not 23, and they are both more experienced. They are SUPPOSED to be better at this point. Isn't the "he's still young" argument what we're always using around here when Staal gets criticized? If we had a 23 year old who scored 35 goals who we picked 2nd overall, he'd be untouchable on this board. You wouldn't move him. End of story.
Very well said, I completely agree with this. We need to be a little objective here...we're demanding king's ransoms for Dubinsky and Callahan (and I think rightfully so in most cases), but Bobby Ryan is going to demand an even huger payment...by a good amount.

Old
04-13-2010, 09:07 PM
SML

So who's actually watched some of these players slotted around #10 and aren't just reading reports off the net? I'm really torn as to whether we should stand pat, trade up or take offers to trade down.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 09:08 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SML View Post
There were some rumors that they would move him for good young defensive help. Pretty much starting next season the Ducks will have a lot of money tied up in 3 forwards, Perry, Getzlaf and Ryan, all of whom are well worth it. However, they have very minimal talent on defense and with those contracts piling up they may see an opportunity to get an anchor at another position as more of a priority.

With that said, I don't see the Rangers having what it takes.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 09:12 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
There were some rumors that they would move him for good young defensive help. Pretty much starting next season the Ducks will have a lot of money tied up in 3 forwards, Perry, Getzlaf and Ryan, all of whom are well worth it. However, they have very minimal talent on defense and with those contracts piling up they may see an opportunity to get an anchor at another position as more of a priority.

With that said, I don't see the Rangers having what it takes.
I agree. We basically have 2 defenders that should be untouchable (Staal, MDZ), a defender who completely sucks (Redden), a very overpayed, but still decent defender (Rozy), a #5 guy (Girardi) and then Gilroy who is a mystery. Aside from that we have McD and Sanguinetti, but as high of a ceiling as these guys have, they have absolutely no pro resume and are complete question marks. While they may seem to be great trading pieces of HF, they're not going to net Bobby Ryan just yet.

Old
04-13-2010, 09:17 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVPOLARBEARS19 View Post
I agree. We basically have 2 defenders that should be untouchable (Staal, MDZ), a defender who completely sucks (Redden), a very overpayed, but still decent defender (Rozy), a #5 guy (Girardi) and then Gilroy who is a mystery. Aside from that we have McD and Sanguinetti, but as high of a ceiling as these guys have, they have absolutely no pro resume and are complete question marks. While they may seem to be great trading pieces of HF, they're not going to net Bobby Ryan just yet.
Exactly. The Rangers would be looking at something like Staal + 2nd '10 or something like that for Ryan.

Old
04-13-2010, 09:20 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Quote:
Exactly. The Rangers would be looking at something like Staal + 2nd '10 or something like that for Ryan.
Yeah I agree. It addresses one hole while creating another massive one. I am of the belief that you build from the blueline up, and while Ryan is awesome, and very valuable, I think attaining an offensive threat via free agency, the draft, or a trade is easier than obtaining a defensive stalwart, which is why I'd rather stick with Staal and explore other options...namely Kovalchuk.

Old
04-13-2010, 09:28 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Hearing the garden's reaction if Brock Beukeboom became a ranger would be epic.
..until he doesn't cream a guy coming in the offensive zone, then cheers turn to Malik/Huber reactions.

But in all seriousness, he's an offensive guy mostly, I'd be much more interested in that John Ramage dude from Wisconsin and the WJCs.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 09:31 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
..until he doesn't cream a guy coming in the offensive zone, then cheers turn to Malik/Huber reactions.

But in all seriousness, he's an offensive guy mostly, I'd be much more interested in that John Ramage dude from Wisconsin and the WJCs.
If I remember correctly, in the Cherry vs. Orr game Beukeboom did nail someone. From what I have read its not that he isn't physical(in the Redden sense) its just not that he is overly physical like his father. He has the size to really use his strength to his advantage though. He would be a good pick in the 2nd round definitely.

Old
04-13-2010, 09:34 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
If I remember correctly, in the Cherry vs. Orr game Beukeboom did nail someone. From what I have read its not that he isn't physical(in the Redden sense) its just not that he is overly physical like his father. He has the size to really use his strength to his advantage though. He would be a good pick in the 2nd round definitely.
I saw him crush a few players in that game. It just so happens happen his father was one of the meaner SOBs in the game, so he's got a lot to live up to.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 09:37 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
I saw him crush a few players in that game. It just so happens happen his father was one of the meaner SOBs in the game, so he's got a lot to live up to.
Exactly. I think it may be something he has to grow into. Either way he is going to make for a very solid prospect. Definitely someone I find interesting in this draft.

Old
04-13-2010, 09:52 PM
bobbop
Henrik & Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
The NBA lottery is stupid and unfair. Giving every team that misses the playoffs a chance at the top three picks is absolutely ludicrous. It keeps teams that need the most help from getting it on a consistent basis.
There's been a proposal kicking around the league for the last few years that the number one draft pick would go to the team with the most points that missed the playoffs with some sort of lottery mechanism added on top of that. Reward teams they tried the hardest. It would avoid things like Anaheim leaving half of their team home last week when they played on the road. Gotta admit, that has some appeal to me. Makes all out losing even more distasteful.

And as for who the Rangers will pick, my guess is that Ryan Johannsen's great playoff run, his rise in the recent central scouting ratings and his first line center capabilities place him in the area where the Rangers will pick. If he has Gordie Clark's seal of approval, I could see Sather moving up a spot or three to make sure he gets his man.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 09:58 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
There's been a proposal kicking around the league for the last few years that the number one draft pick would go to the team with the most points that missed the playoffs with some sort of lottery mechanism added on top of that. Reward teams they tried the hardest. It would avoid things like Anaheim leaving half of their team home last week when they played on the road. Gotta admit, that has some appeal to me. Makes all out losing even more distasteful.

And as for who the Rangers will pick, my guess is that Ryan Johannsen's great playoff run and rise in the recent central scouting ratings place him in the area where the Rangers will pick. If he has Gordie Clark's seal of approval, I could see Sather moving up a spot or three to make sure he gets his man.
That seems to be the consensus on the board right now with those of us who've following this the past few weeks.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 10:08 PM
Gardner McKay
What a time

vCash: 50
So whats the consensus here. My vote is Nino if he is still available, if not then Johansen or Burmistrov.

I also wouldnt be surprised if the Rangers moved up 4 or 5 spots to try and get Gudbransen or Fowler.

And also wouldnt be surprised if they took a guy like Kabanov.

Truth be told, nothing about this draft would surprise me.

Gardner McKay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 10:15 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface Avery View Post
I can't believe anyone is advocating trading MDZ.

We finally have a guy who can qb our powerplay and now you want to ship him off.

Unbeleivable, he's 19 years old and had an amazing season. His breakout passes are not plays that most veterans in the league can make.

I seriously question if some of you people even WATCHED the Rangers this year.

Not only is trading MDZ for pretty much anyone outside of Crosby, AO, Malkin, Stamkos completely ********, you want to trade him for a guy who isnt even DRAFTED! MDZ proved he could play in the NHL this year and probably as a future all-star.

Am I the only person that is completely pissed over people wanting to trade this guy. This would be as bad as trading Gaborik or Lundqvist in my opinion.,
I totally agree. Knee jerk city.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 10:17 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

1. Johansen
2. Watson
3. Nino
4. Burmistrov

I honestly don't know where to slot Tarasenko, talent-wise he'd be #1 on that list.

04-13-2010, 10:20 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

I'm assuming if Connolly fell to us itd be a huge steal.

Tarasenko, Johansen, Nino. Are the guy sI see us targeting at #10.

Trade up from 40 to 28,29 if you can and get Kabanov.

Trade Sauer for another pick somewhere in the second round if you can, and grab either Straka or Beukeboom.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 10:20 PM
RangerBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabborik View Post
So whats the consensus here. My vote is Nino if he is still available, if not then Johansen or Burmistrov.

I also wouldnt be surprised if the Rangers moved up 4 or 5 spots to try and get Gudbransen or Fowler.

And also wouldnt be surprised if they took a guy like Kabanov.

Truth be told, nothing about this draft would surprise me.

Moving a few players and picks to get that stud Dman would be fantastic.
I would not make that move unless it was for one or two.
No other forward there to pay that price.

RangerBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 10:23 PM
Cherepanisimov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface Avery View Post
I can't believe anyone is advocating trading MDZ.

We finally have a guy who can qb our powerplay and now you want to ship him off.

Unbeleivable, he's 19 years old and had an amazing season. His breakout passes are not plays that most veterans in the league can make.

I seriously question if some of you people even WATCHED the Rangers this year.

Not only is trading MDZ for pretty much anyone outside of Crosby, AO, Malkin, Stamkos completely ********, you want to trade him for a guy who isnt even DRAFTED! MDZ proved he could play in the NHL this year and probably as a future all-star.

Am I the only person that is completely pissed over people wanting to trade this guy. This would be as bad as trading Gaborik or Lundqvist in my opinion.,
Potential Top pairing D Prospects:
Marc Staal
Ryan McDonagh
Bobby Sanguinetti
Michael Del Zotto

Potential Top line centers:

I don't want to trade Del Zotto, but if we have the chance to trade up for Seguin, a legit first line center prospect (not to mention franchise player, with MDZ currently is not), then I am all for it.

Old
04-13-2010, 10:23 PM
NYR Viper

1) Johansen
2) Burmistrov
3) Tarasenko
4) Nino
5) Connoly(I want no part of a player with hip issues at 17)

Skinner, McIlrath, Beukeboom, Tinordi, Straka in the 2nd round, in that order(although most of these guys wont make it that far)

Old
04-13-2010, 10:24 PM
DangleBerry94*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerjoe View Post
haha...please, resist such excitement!
now dont you feel stupid?

DangleBerry94* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 10:28 PM
Cherepanisimov

Quote:
1) Johansen
2) Burmistrov
3) Tarasenko
4) Nino
5) Connoly(I want no part of a player with hip issues at 17)

Skinner, McIlrath, Beukeboom, Tinordi, Straka in the 2nd round, in that order(although most of these guys wont make it that far)
I agree with this list. Maybe switch Connolly and Niederreiter. I'd also switch McIlrath for Petrovic, but he probably won't fall past the top 30.