HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers miss playoffs

Old
04-12-2010, 06:48 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

vCash: 500
Jagr was robbed of the Hart in 05-06 by the Canadian and west coast writers. How was he bad in NY?

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 08:34 PM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

[QUOTE=Gaborik Scores;25087420]This Team ****ing Blows They Really Want To Play ****ing Defense With One Goal, Wtf Do They Call Them Self Professionals???????????????/.. I Swear To God If Sather Doesnt Do Any Thing Im Not Watching Them.. ****ing ******** Season.. **** This Team.

Give Lundqvist To Chicago Or Some Thing![/QUOTE]

I always thought how crazy the Hawks would be with Hank. OMFG.

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 08:36 PM
bmw2004

I don't even know what this management has to start with. Fixing their offense or upgrading the defense. (If possible trading or sending Redden to AHL) I just pray that they want make same exact errors at free agency trying to fix the team. We really, really need a new gifted artist in the face of a new GM to improve our hopeless Rangers.

Last edited by bmw2004: 04-12-2010 at 09:07 PM.
bmw2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 08:43 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw2004 View Post
I don't even know what this management has to start with. Fixing their offense or upgrading the defense. (If possible trading or sending Redden to AHL) I just pray that they want make same exact errors at free agency trying to fix the team. We really, really need a new gifted artist to improve our hopeless Rangers.
There are 2 things this team/organization needs and unfortunately neither will come quickly:

1) Time for the development of their young player(Kreider, Grachev, Stepan, Werek, Sanguinetti, McDonagh, MDZ, Staal, Anisimov, Dubinsky, Girardi, Callahan, Kundratek)

2) Rid themselves of the overpaid players(Drury, Redden(These two will be here until their contracts run out) and Rozsival).

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 08:45 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

I'd like to point out that there have been a lot of classy posts in this thread from non-Rangers fans. Even in the face of a severely disappointing season I find reasons why I love hockey. Thanks, Avs, Habs, etc. fans.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 08:49 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
I'd like to point out that there have been a lot of classy posts in this thread from non-Rangers fans. Even in the face of a severely disappointing season I find reasons why I love hockey. Thanks, Avs, Habs, etc. fans.
Hell i think I even saw a couple of Islander fan posts. Now I know the world is coming to an end.

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 09:12 PM
bmw2004

To be honest I wouldn't mind seeing Islanders making playoffs and most likely would root for them. It is very upsetting to me at least that neither of two N.Y. teams making post season.

Old
04-12-2010, 09:18 PM
bmw2004

I don't hate Isles when they don't play against us. I am a Devils hater.

Old
04-12-2010, 09:49 PM
Hockify

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeetchisGod View Post
No playoffs and no lottery pick. This franchise is a complete debacle.
If you're not in the playoffs you're in the lottery. Every team is one or the other. The Rangers if they win the lottery will pick 6th. Not like it's likely but it is possible.

Quote:
To be honest I wouldn't mind seeing Islanders making playoffs and most likely would root for them. It is very upsetting to me at least that neither of two N.Y. teams making post season.
I'm with you on this 100%.

Hockify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 10:46 PM
Rangerfans

Oh well...

Now I'll start thinking about what changes we should make for next season...

Rangerfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 10:52 PM
bmw2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfans View Post
Oh well...

Now I'll start thinking about what changes we should make for next season...
Think, but not too much. It's not healthy.

Old
04-12-2010, 10:57 PM
bmw2004

With Rangers luck, they will probably win a bag of pucks.

Old
04-12-2010, 11:10 PM
NHLhockey1234

Reading all this stuff in the media and the quotes only proves to me that this team has no solution until the entire Dolan family and cablevision are gone.

1. Torts on Lundqvist in shootout "No disrespect to Flyers shooters, but we felt really solid with Henrik". Dumb@#$, that's after 46 shots. Henrik "I was dead tired"
2. Drury, this team is "immature"
3. Sather, "I made a deal with Tampa Bay to get Stamkos", but where the hell is he?
4. Sather, "Wade redden is one of the top defenseman of the NHL"
5. Torts on answering some of Brooks actually insightful questions, "No, we aren't going to talk about that"
6. "Safe is death"
7. Henrik, "You know we can't win two games against the flyers when your best line is the 4th line"
8. Dolan is "disgusted" after watching the flyers game.
9. Sather's worst trades and acquistions. Redden, Brashear, Holik, Gomez, draft time acquistions to trade up for old veterans.

How many times do I have to see a replay of freeking 1994. I'm done with that, I watched the finals when I was a kid, I loved them to death, posters, I'm looking at my first picture ever at a Rangers game when I was 11, the biggest and widest smile I ever had. I remember it to this day, I brought a huge poster so that MSG could recognize me, but only to get berated by another non-Rangers fan (some NYC couple just coming to a game) about how I was obstructing their view during timeouts.

My dad and I were both hardcore Knicks fans and Rangers fans. But now, the knicks name we don't even mention in our household. The Rangers are fading away to the point of non-existence. My dad, a busy doctor, and me a busy medical student, still spend time watching some Rangers games.

But now rationality is reaching me now, and I'd much rather focus on my school work and saving the lives of patients rather than saving my stressed out heart from this measly team. Everything is written over MSG that it is the worst sports garden in the world with respect to producing championships and the amounts paid to our players.

I'm done with them now period. I'm changing my name now or deactivating myself from these forums. To anyone saying that I'm irrational and we have time to rebuild, go ahead, bind yourself into eternal misery like Chicago Cubs fans.

-JediPrakNYR

NHLhockey1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 11:46 PM
LeetchisGod
1 cup in 74 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockify View Post
If you're not in the playoffs you're in the lottery. Every team is one or the other. The Rangers if they win the lottery will pick 6th. Not like it's likely but it is possible.

I'm with you on this 100%.
True, but a minute chance at the sixth overall pick does nothing for me. Many people on this site don't like to hear it, but I fear this franchise will not make any real progress until it hits rock bottom or Sather dies.

LeetchisGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 12:33 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus View Post
I agree with everything but the last. The defense - the team as whole - allowed 47 shots against.

Lack of offense was not the only issue yesterday although it was easily the most obvious ... thanks to Hank.
i disagree.

we never touched the puck. it wasnt all the shots allowed, it was all the puck possession they had, and the complete lack of puck possession we had.

If we have the puck more than them, they dont get all those shots on goal.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 03:22 AM
Jagr Bombs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
I'm sorry it had to end this way for all of you. I knew once it went to OT that it would be a heart-breaker and unfortunately this was not meant to be in your favor.

It hurts now but remember there is always more hockey to be played, always be proud of the positives you accomplished and bring this same enthusiasm with you into next season which will hopefully be a success.
This guy is a leafs fan. He just endured watching the second worst team all season and all he has to show for it is watching his division rival use his draft pick to get their next franchise player...And he's still positive ! ! ! We need to all chill out be more like this guy.

Jagr Bombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 12:34 PM
Rangerfans

Quote:
Think, but not too much. It's not healthy.
Haha! I totally agree. I don't mind discussing Ranger hockey here or there, but I cannot stand when insipid threads start because of a "reaction."

For example: Gaborik starts scoring and then there is a "Gaborik to 50!" thread. Guess what? You look pretty foolish when it doesn't happen.

We start winning, the "Playoff run" threads start. We start losing, the "just tank. Fire Sather. Fire Torts. Bring back Prucha." begin to invade.

This website is such a love/hate. Haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
i disagree.

we never touched the puck. it wasnt all the shots allowed, it was all the puck possession they had, and the complete lack of puck possession we had.

If we have the puck more than them, they dont get all those shots on goal.
I agree. I gotta be honest: Dubi's post game comments pissed me off.

“We didn’t play our best,” Brandon Dubinsky said. “Maybe we were a little bit tentative. Henrik came up huge and gave us an opportunity. It hurts the way we played tonight we couldn’t get the job done for him. It’s time to get one back for him and we couldn’t get it done for him. Nobody wanted to make that glaring mistake. Sometimes that plays against you. I can’t put my finger on it. We’ve been in must-win situations for a while now. We should have approached it the same way we did every other game. In the end, this is Game 7. Nobody wanted to make that mistake. Everybody was a little tentative.”

Shame on you guys then. My thoughts are this: If you don't know how to play with your entire season on the line and decide to play "tentative." You do not have the confidence, the right mentality, and simply do not deserve to be in the playoffs.

Rangerfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 12:39 PM
Garfinkel1

Signing Gomez was a good thing for the New York Rangers. Why can't people understand this. Stop using this as a ****-stain on Sather's resume.

He was here two years. We had a legit 1C,2A top line center. Overpaid by 1-2mill which isn't bad when your reaching into the free agency and competing with so many teams.

Not only did he have a good tenure while here he got traded for a top prospect and a potential 20-25goal scorer (Who never panned out...Sorry Higs)

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 03:10 PM
dedalus

Quote:
i disagree.

I would argue that's as much a product of our defense as their offense.

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 03:38 PM
TomLaidlaw

Quote:
definitely disagree with this. Gaborik was shut down by one of hte best defenseman in the NHL...that's what happens when you dont have any secondary scoring behind him. Put out Kovalchuk or someone like him, and you have Pronger up against only 1 of those guys.
I don't want to take anything away from Pronger because he is an excellent defender but I can't let gabby off the hook that easily. I am not saying Gabby needed to score a goal. I am saying he needed to impose himself on the Flyers all game long and be a factor every time he stepped on the ice. He simply wasn't. Perhaps he is still not 100% recovered from his Olympic injury. no way to know, but we needed our best player to step up in the biggest game of the year and he didn't.

Here is what Torts said about it.....

- Tortorella says Marian Gaborik has to be better and give more in big games.
- Tortorella says he got “zero” from his top players in SO loss at Philly (obviously not Lundqvist). Says it was “despicable.”

I gotta agree with Torts here.

-This is off topic but I just wanted to take this opportunity to say that I wouldn't bring Jokinen back for the league minimum. That is how bad of a hockey player I think he is.

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2010, 12:45 AM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

no1...

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2010, 01:43 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

I think Tortorella is a hundred percent correct. Gaborik definitely disappeared a bunch of times this season during important games. Still, you have to consider the fact that against well-coached teams, he really can't do anything. Above all else, he's a sniper, and when he's being shadowed and double-teamed, it's very difficult for him to get off shots or get into scoring position. It's a little bit of column A and a bit of column B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfinkel1 View Post
Signing Gomez was a good thing for the New York Rangers. Why can't people understand this. Stop using this as a ****-stain on Sather's resume.

He was here two years. We had a legit 1C,2A top line center. Overpaid by 1-2mill which isn't bad when your reaching into the free agency and competing with so many teams.

Not only did he have a good tenure while here he got traded for a top prospect and a potential 20-25goal scorer (Who never panned out...Sorry Higs)
Why can't people understand that Gomez is one of the most overrated players in the league, and has been since his career began?

The fact that he got traded for something of value is a reflection on the desperation of the Montreal Canadiens and the (lack of) managerial acumen of Bob Gainey, not a reflection on Gomez. How can you say he's overpaid by 1-2 million when Andy McDonald, a similar, superior player, makes 4.7 million?

To call him a legit anything is ridiculous. He was awful during his tenure here, because he got exposed for what he is: a one-dimensional player with very low hockey sense who needs a variety of outside factors to be met for him to have any sort of success.

I really can't understand how a hockey fan can watch this guy play and not want to hurl a brick at the television every time he steps onto the ice. He has to be the most frustrating player to watch in this league. What an enormous waste of talent. It's a toss up between him and Jokinen for biggest waste of talent in the league over the last 10 years.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2010, 02:02 AM
lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
I really can't understand how a hockey fan can watch this guy play and not want to hurl a brick at the television every time he steps onto the ice. He has to be the most frustrating player to watch in this league. What an enormous waste of talent. It's a toss up between him and Jokinen for biggest waste of talent in the league over the last 10 years.
I can't even explain how many times myself and many of my friends have gone crazy watching Gomez carry the puck up ice and refuse to dump it in only to skate right into four players. Puck is turned over, good job Gomez. He has a lot of skill but he uses his speed like an idiot. You can't beat four players standing up the blue line with anything but a dump in or a fancy breakout that has several passes. Doesn't matter how fast you are or how good you are at stickhandling. You have to be a Bulldozer (ala Ovechkin) to just blow through everyone.

Moving Gomez was one of the best trades Sather has made. Plus we got a top defensive prospect out of the deal!? Give the man who all hate so much a little credit where it's due. We shed a lot of salary that we shouldn't have taken on in the first place, and somehow turned it into a prospect.

We don't have a number 1 center, and if a number 1 center for a team that is going to be built for a deep playoff run ever hits free agency, be prepared to drop 8mil+.

We're either going to have to develope one ourselves (god forbid), trade for one (we can hope not) or steal one from RFA. And if it were someone like Backstrom I wouldn't complain

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2010, 02:16 AM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Why can't people understand that Gomez is one of the most overrated players in the league, and has been since his career began?

The fact that he got traded for something of value is a reflection on the desperation of the Montreal Canadiens and the (lack of) managerial acumen of Bob Gainey, not a reflection on Gomez. How can you say he's overpaid by 1-2 million when Andy McDonald, a similar, superior player, makes 4.7 million?

To call him a legit anything is ridiculous. He was awful during his tenure here, because he got exposed for what he is: a one-dimensional player with very low hockey sense who needs a variety of outside factors to be met for him to have any sort of success.

THIS!

I loved Gomez. Really I did. He was a great fit while he was wearing red and black. But he needs to be in the right place to succeed. Playing with Elias and Gionta was the best thing for him. And when he first came up, he played with Mogilny. He's a player who needs someone to mop up the mess he usually creates. He's good defensively. He's a great skater, and a good passer. He was also unselfish. But omg, even with his piss poor shot, he would pass when he had an open net to shoot at.

MJB Devils23* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2010, 02:48 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Korean Kid 23 View Post
THIS!

I loved Gomez. Really I did. He was a great fit while he was wearing red and black. But he needs to be in the right place to succeed. Playing with Elias and Gionta was the best thing for him. And when he first came up, he played with Mogilny. He's a player who needs someone to mop up the mess he usually creates. He's good defensively. He's a great skater, and a good passer. He was also unselfish. But omg, even with his piss poor shot, he would pass when he had an open net to shoot at.
He's one of the dumbest players in the league, bar none (not counting goons and enforcers, some of whom are there for only one reason). His natural ability is among the best in the league, but he's such a dope that he doesn't know how to use it. And after the lockout, he became a selfish dope. One of the most inefficient shooters in the league. Wastes tons and tons of offensive zone opportunities by taking terrible, soft, bad angle shots. Just like LOLli Jokinen.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote