HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NYR European Prospects

Old
04-13-2010, 08:23 PM
Vitto79

vCash: 500
NYR European Prospects

Was looking at hockey futures Rangers European list

noticed most are not expected to come over. Is this common?

Valetenko who they acquired in the Gomez deal may though. It would be nice to see another good young Dman come in.

I just hope he is not treated like Heikinnen who I believe could of been on the team this year

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...200910_review/

like mentioned Below:
Future

Valentenko should be able to carve a niche on an NHL roster as a physical agitator in the Bryan Marchment mold.

Rather see a tough kid come in than an expensive UFA. If in time Valatenko and McDonaugh can be in the top 6 the Gomez trade looks even better

Last edited by Vitto79: 04-13-2010 at 08:32 PM.
Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 08:27 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Treff has noted Valentenko as "NHL ready"

This has me interested.

Kveton is the only other one even worth paying attention to. He has top 6 winger potential Question is whether or not he will come over.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 09:18 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Zaborsky, Bahensky, Zeliska, Skokan and Psurny are all staying in Europe, and for good reason--it's unlikely they'd ever amount to anything here. Zaborsky has offensive potential, Skokan could be a nice bottom 6 guy, but the chances of them making it are so incredibly slim, they're better off staying in Europe and making money playing prominent roles.

Kveton, I really doubt he comes back over. Valentenko is a better candidate to do so. I have no idea about Pashnin.

There was also Baranka; but his time in North America has come and gone, and he's technically no longer a prospect.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 09:34 PM
hlundqvist30*

Because majority of the ones that should be over already are. Anisimov, Grachev, Kundratek, Hagelin, and Horak all made the move to NA. The only ones that have NHL potential and haven't are Valentenko and Kveton. Guys like Bahensky and Zaborsky made the move to NA but failed.

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 10:10 PM
Rust Heisenberg

I want to see Kveton and Kundratek. Kveton more.

Hopefully Grachev can break through next year. No more of this Voros ****. He has excellent work ethic but his playing is just not nhl standard.

What i want to see happen this year and in a couple of seasons.

1) Drury traded. Rosival traded. Redden sent down to Hartford. Jokinen not resigned. Shelley(1.2 mill) Prust (1 mill) Staal (2.4 mill) Girardi (1.2 mill) resigned. Sign Sharp (4.5 mill), Radulov (3.5 mill), Zherdev (3 mill). Bring Up Grachev, McD/Sauer/Potter. Sign Volchenkov (5.3 mill)... This is much more beneficial than going after Kovalchuk. Even though Kovalchuk is a star talent there are just too many holes to fill and you get so much more value out of those players than Kovy alone. How does this fit the cap? They have about 15 mill coming off the cap this season. To resign all of those players it would cost about 6 mill (5.8 if my estimations are correct). Then if Rosival is traded for a draft pick, Drury is traded for a player with half of his salary, and Redden is sent down, that would add an additional (from 11.5-14.5 mill extra... depending on how the whole being sent down to hartford thing works). That'd leave 9 mill and let's say at worst another 11.5. 20.5 mill.. Volchenkov 5.3, Sharp 4.5, Radulov 3.5, Zherdev 3, Grachev 1.1, Sang/Sauer/McD .8, Dupont .8, makes around 18 mill. Fits perfectley. Gives room for breathing space as well.

2) In a couple of seasons. See another 1 or 2 defensemen leave or traded to free up some more space for young prospects. Trade Dubinsky... calling up Stepan (Centers will be Sharp, Anisimov, Stepan, 4th line... unless any of you want Dubi to play wing... which he doesn't have the goal scoring ability to play, he should be traded for max value... doesn't mean i want him traded now, just when there is a suitable replacement). There will be a spot for Kreider in a few years as well.

Next year's line up:

Radulov-Sharp-Gaborik
Grachev-Anisimov-Zherdev
Avery-Dubinsly-Callahan
Prust-Dupont-Shelley

Staal-Girardi
Del Zotto-Volchenkov
Sauer/McDonaugh-Gilroy

A lot more scoring than this year, arguably more grit with the 3rd and 4th line the way they are, a lot more speed and insurance for Gaborik. Defense get's significantley better as well.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 10:12 PM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
I want to see Kveton and Kundratek. Kveton more.

Hopefully Grachev can break through next year. No more of this Voros ****. He has excellent work ethic but his playing is just not nhl standard.

What i want to see happen this year and in a couple of seasons.

1) Drury traded. Rosival traded. Redden sent down to Hartford. Jokinen not resigned. Shelley(1.2 mill) Prust (1 mill) Staal (2.4 mill) Girardi (1.2 mill) resigned. Sign Sharp (4.5 mill), Radulov (3.5 mill), Zherdev (3 mill). Bring Up Grachev, McD/Sauer/Potter. Sign Volchenkov (5.3 mill)... This is much more beneficial than going after Kovalchuk. Even though Kovalchuk is a star talent there are just too many holes to fill and you get so much more value out of those players than Kovy alone. How does this fit the cap? They have about 15 mill coming off the cap this season. To resign all of those players it would cost about 6 mill (5.8 if my estimations are correct). Then if Rosival is traded for a draft pick, Drury is traded for a player with half of his salary, and Redden is sent down, that would add an additional (from 11.5-14.5 mill extra... depending on how the whole being sent down to hartford thing works). That'd leave 9 mill and let's say at worst another 11.5. 20.5 mill.. Volchenkov 5.3, Sharp 4.5, Radulov 3.5, Zherdev 4.5, Grachev 1.1, Sang/Sauer/McD .8, Dupont .8, makes around 20 mill. Fits perfectley.

2) In a couple of seasons. See another 1 or 2 defensemen leave or traded to free up some more space for young prospects. Trade Dubinsky... calling up Stepan (Centers will be Sharp, Anisimov, Stepan, 4th line... unless any of you want Dubi to play wing... which he doesn't have the goal scoring ability to play, he should be traded for max value... doesn't mean i want him traded now, just when there is a suitable replacement). There will be a spot for Kreider in a few years as well.

Next year's line up:

Radulov-Sharp-Gaborik
Grachev-Anisimov-Zherdev
Avery-Dubinsly-Callahan
Prust-Dupont-Shelley

Staal-Girardi
Del Zotto-Volchenkov
Sauer/McDonaugh-Gilroy

A lot more scoring than this year, arguably more grit with the 3rd and 4th line the way they are, a lot more speed and insurance for Gaborik. Defense get's significantley better as well.
Brilliant plan! Now all we need is to acquire enough alcohol to keep 29 GM's drunk for 2 years and we're set!

Old
04-13-2010, 10:12 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 View Post
Brilliant plan! Now all we need is to acquire enough alcohol to keep 29 GM's drunk for 2 years and we're set!
Haha that's what i wanted to see... not what i expect to see...

Old
04-13-2010, 10:16 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Because Grachev will def. be ready for second line responsibilities next year, when he couldnt even produce consistently in Hartford.

Old
04-13-2010, 10:19 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Because Grachev will def. be ready for second line responsibilities next year, when he couldnt even produce consistently in Hartford.
Yea. He'll be playing on the same line as someone who he has great chemistry with (Anisimov) and another fellow country man Zherdev (who opens up all sorts of opportunities for all of his linemates). There is no better scenario for Grachev than this line. He'll feel comfortable while getting all of the scoring opportunities he needs.

Old
04-13-2010, 10:21 PM
Vitto79

Zherdev no way, Radulov yes please but is he a UFA? I assume the Preds still have his rights but if he does'nt want to play there maybe he will be moved

Old
04-13-2010, 10:21 PM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:
Haha that's what i wanted to see... not what i expect to see...
Then in that case, why moderate it? Crosby for Voros, sign Kovalchuk to a 10 year contract at 600K per year, persuade Babcock to come and coach us....

Old
04-13-2010, 10:27 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 View Post
Then in that case, why moderate it? Crosby for Voros, sign Kovalchuk to a 10 year contract at 600K per year, persuade Babcock to come and coach us....
Because that's too unrealistic... there would be no satisfaction in doing that.

Old
04-13-2010, 10:30 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Zherdev no way, Radulov yes please but is he a UFA? I assume the Preds still have his rights but if he does'nt want to play there maybe he will be moved
Zherdev, why not? 1st half of the season he was with the Rangers he was great. 2nd half seemed like a downer. Under the right circumstances i can't see why the Rangers wouldnt mind bringing him back. After all he is one of the best set up men i've ever seen.

Radulov, i read somewhere that he has now become a UFA. I don't know how legitimate it is but that's what i remember seeing. If not then give them a 5th or something for him.

Another player though who will be tougher to acquire but will probably be traded is Filatov. He hates the Jackets, he's currently on loan in Russia, and vowed that he wouldnt play under the same management. Chances are that management stays he goes. He'd take far more though, but he'd be more valuable in my opinion. Younger and also right handed shot... rangers are in need of that.

Old
04-13-2010, 10:41 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Zherdev, why not? 1st half of the season he was with the Rangers he was great. 2nd half seemed like a downer. Under the right circumstances i can't see why the Rangers wouldnt mind bringing him back. After all he is one of the best set up men i've ever seen.

Radulov, i read somewhere that he has now become a UFA. I don't know how legitimate it is but that's what i remember seeing. If not then give them a 5th or something for him.

Another player though who will be tougher to acquire but will probably be traded is Filatov. He hates the Jackets, he's currently on loan in Russia, and vowed that he wouldnt play under the same management. Chances are that management stays he goes. He'd take far more though, but he'd be more valuable in my opinion. Younger and also right handed shot... rangers are in need of that.
I think Zherdev on the Rangers has sailed. the Guy should of just took the 2.25 or so he was freaking offered but no he had to be greedy and then no one wanted him for 4. It's just greed and they don't need a player like that on the team even though yea he does have tons of talent

Radulov as a UFA would be great but I dont think he is because if he was everyone would be talking about him as a great pickup

Filatov for Sanguinetti? I'd do it given the depth on D and need for an offensive talent upfront. If something like that could be worked out go for it

Old
04-13-2010, 10:45 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Radulov still owes Nashville a year under his entry level contract. He is not an UFA. If he was available, there would be a bidding war for him. A 5th is not even close to what it will have to get it done. But he is a special player and worthy of a lot of consideration. He's also Zherdev's best friend if that counts for anything.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 10:45 PM
NYR Viper

I just feel like I should point out that Grachev was hurt last offseason. I am thinking it stopped him from working out correctly. Just a hunch but thats what it looks like to me. I wouldnt be surprised to see him come to camp next year and seriously challenge for a spot.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2010, 07:33 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
kenjets, in your proposal, you're paying Prust and Shelley way more than they'll command, and paying Staal and Girardi WAY less than they'll get. I mean, you realize Girardi made $1.6MM this season, right? It's not possible to get him back for $1.2MM. Both he and Staal will command $3MM or more, in all likelihood.

Grachev was in over his head in the AHL, and now you're penciling him in for a second line spot on the NHL club? Did you follow his progress in Hartford this season at all?

kenjets, you should look at nhlnumbers.com or nhlscap.com and get a better understanding of what people will be earning, or even who is UFA or not (Radulov).

Last edited by nyr2k2: 04-14-2010 at 07:44 AM.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2010, 07:35 AM
Vitto79

If Radulov would leave and sign an extension with the Rangers what would it cost them?

I imagine Nashville needs Forwards cause there D is so solid which doesa not bode well for the Rangers since all their top prospects are mainly Dmen.

Ugh I already want the Draft and July 1st to get here. Not making the playoffs even though they would of been crushed by the Caps stinks

Old
04-14-2010, 07:59 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
kenjets, in your proposal, you're paying Prust and Shelley way more than they'll command, and paying Staal and Girardi WAY less than they'll get. I mean, you realize Girardi made $1.6MM this season, right? It's not possible to get him back for $1.2MM. Both he and Staal will command $3MM or more, in all likelihood.

Grachev was in over his head in the AHL, and now you're penciling him in for a second line spot on the NHL club? Did you follow his progress in Hartford this season at all?

kenjets, you should look at nhlnumbers.com or nhlscap.com and get a better understanding of what people will be earning, or even who is UFA or not (Radulov).
Not saying that he necessarily will make the team.

But he looked pretty ready in the preseason to me - wasn't he the last cut? And he got better and better as the preseason went on.

I'm not sure what happened in HFD. Frankly, the whole situation was a ****storm, so who knows how it affected him. And as someone else pointed out above, he was injured in the offseason and couldn't work out and that could have had an impact on him, especially in the second half of the year when he lost all steam.

Lastly, he's still very young - at an age where he can make big jumps in progression over the summer. Remember the year Dubinksy showed up and he was just a different player? So, again, I'm not saying that it's a lead cinch certainty that he'll make the team, but I've been keeping it in the back of my head as a possibility all year long.

But then again, look at my avatar...

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2010, 08:00 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:
Yea. He'll be playing on the same line as someone who he has great chemistry with (Anisimov) and another fellow country man Zherdev (who opens up all sorts of opportunities for all of his linemates). There is no better scenario for Grachev than this line. He'll feel comfortable while getting all of the scoring opportunities he needs.
When have they played together?

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2010, 08:16 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
When have they played together?
They were on the same line (with Lisin) virtually all preseason.

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2010, 08:23 AM
bubba5

Quote:
I can't see Grachev in NY next season, from what I heard he was not great in Hartford (injured or not). He would have been a late season call-up if they thought he could add anything.

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2010, 10:09 AM
Reijo R

Grachev

Anyone who's counting on this guy next year is nuts. He needs to dominate the AHL first, and even if/when he does that, don't expect him to come up and be the next AO. Just look at what happened with Anisimov this year. That kid was practically useless after being an AHL superstar, though his lack of quality linemates certainly contributed to that.

Reijo R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2010, 10:11 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Anisimov wasn't useless.

Enver Lisin was useless.

Theres a big gap there.

Old
04-14-2010, 10:13 AM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
They were on the same line (with Lisin) virtually all preseason.
So a few pre season games together gives them "great chemistry"?