HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

I would be happy to start the season like this...

Closed Thread

Old
09-28-2003, 07:28 AM
Taz#24

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Taz#24
I would be happy to start the season like this...

HILBERT, MORRISONN and a third rounder to the Yotes for Sean BURKE and Chris GRATTON. HILBERT is expendable with the emergence of BERGERON and he has'nt exactly blown anyone away in a bid to make the team this year, something he should have done considering his hype and stage of development. MORRISONN is also expendable considering JILLSON's play and JURICINA's surprising showing in camp. With STUART and JONSSON still in the wings we can afford to deal him if the return is right. We have to strike balance that will ensure we can compete now (thus building confidence in our young core) and developing prospects for the future. Nothing destoys a young players development more then losing day in and day out.

Sign Adam OATES to a one year deal allowing BERGERON at least another year to season in junior. Don't want to rush this kid and he's been compared to OATES so why not ink OATES for a year. I can see Adam OATES and Glen MURRAY clicking no problem. Steve THOMAS is a great team guy, tons of experience and he's scores BIG goals. He would be a great influence on THORNTON IMHO. He would probably like a 1 year deal too so neither guy causes a budget problem after the new CBA.

Between Adam OATES and Chris GRATTON our faceoff win % should improve big time. something we HAVE to address.

Detroit wants Martin LAPOINTE back in the fold but Curtis JOSEPH's salary is way to high for Bruin blood. How about this...

To Detroit-Martin LAPOINTE
To Colorado-Curtis JOSEPH
To Boston-Derek MORRIS

Detroit gets what they want (LAPOINTE and dealing JOSEPH) and they save 3 mil in salary.

Colorado gets a #1 and rids themselves of fairly high salary in MORRIS, thus making it easier to absorb JOSEPH's. They still have BLAKE, FOOTE, SKOULA and SRASKINS as their top 4, not too shabby. SLOVAK, BALLARD and BOYCHUK all have very good potential and all are on the verge which makes MORRIS' loss easier to swallow.

Bruins management has had interest in MORRIS from his days in Calgary and he is exactly what is needed on D in Boston right now. Not too mention the brass sheds Martin LAPOINTE's 5.25 mil salary and takes on MORRIS's (something in the neighbourhood of 2.5 mil) saving almost 3 mil in the process, which helps pay for additions such as OATES, THOMAS, BURKE and GRATTON.

THOMAS-THORNTON-ROLSTON
SAMSONOV-OATES-MURRAY
AXELSSON-GRATTON-KNUBLE
ZAMUNER-STOCK-MCCARTHY/GROSEK

MORRIS-GILL
BOYNTON-MCGILLIS
O'DONNELL-JILLSON
MORAN...

BURKE
RAYCROFT

HUML, ZINOJEV, SAMUELSSON, VERNARSKI, DONATO, BRENNAN, KUTLAK and JURCINA back to Providence. I was hoping HUML would be ready this year but I'm not so optimistic, he's getting there but not quiet ready yet. Let him have a big year in Providence and his confidence should begin to grow. ZINOJEV is still an unknown and it would be unwise to count on him to have an impact now. SAMUELSSON and VERNARSKY obviously need more seasoning and DONATO is a depth guy at this point in his career, good to have around should injuries occur.

BERGERON back to the Q

SHIELDS and POTIVIN on waivers or at least one to Providence with TOIVENEN and Tim THOMAS.

Old
09-28-2003, 07:36 AM
Goalie27*

Send a message via AIM to Goalie27*
There is absolutely no way we could get Morris for Lapointe..... And Colorado wouldn't trade him for Joseph. Remember, he cost them Drury and Yelle, he's still young, and he's already one of their best defensemen. He's worth way more than Lapointe or CuJo.

Also, why would we trade for a center, then sign another, while, like you said, Bergeron is playing so well. We need one center. Bergeron right now seems like he could fill the spot, but Oates would definitely be a good signing. Rolston should stay as the 3rd line C though, it helps having someone that produces on the 3rd line.

Old
09-28-2003, 09:13 AM
Taz#24

Send a message via MSN to Taz#24
perhaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goalie27
There is absolutely no way we could get Morris for Lapointe..... And Colorado wouldn't trade him for Joseph. Remember, he cost them Drury and Yelle, he's still young, and he's already one of their best defensemen. He's worth way more than Lapointe or CuJo.

Also, why would we trade for a center, then sign another, while, like you said, Bergeron is playing so well. We need one center. Bergeron right now seems like he could fill the spot, but Oates would definitely be a good signing. Rolston should stay as the 3rd line C though, it helps having someone that produces on the 3rd line.
But I don't think it's as far fetched as you might think. Colorado has invested a lot into the coming season and should their goaltending let them down early, they will have enormous pressure to address it. I think they do already. Should Derek MORRIS be a tough pry, then Martin SKOULA may be available bait. There has been talk of an Alex TANGUAY for JOSEPH deal in a threeway with Washington. LANG to Detroit, TANGUAY to Washington and JOSEPH to the Aves. TANGUAY and MORRIS are about equal in marketvalue IMHO so if there's any truth to the a/m rumoured deal, I don't see the MORRIS scenario as that far fetched.

In the scenario I have presnted, Detroit gets a guy they want more then LANG (LAPONTE). The only question is will Colorado give up a D-man? Either one of MORRIS or SKOULA would suit me fine but MORRIS makes more money and the Aves still have to consider the bottom line so he may be the guy they would prefer to deal.

Old
09-28-2003, 09:36 AM
Black Eye

vCash:
I probably wouldn't trade Morrisonn right now. The status of Boynton and Girard are both question marks. Berard is possibly gone. We'll hope that Jillson looks good this year. Lars Jonsson is still a complete enigma. While there * should * be a plethora of good young defensemen hitting the shore in the next 2-3 years, there are a lot of question marks.

I'd probably hold the fort for now, keep Morrisonn. Burke is on his last mile and is overrated, IMO. We've got Toivonen and Raycroft to look over. While this year might be a trying one at time, I really feel like we should stick with the kids. If it becomes clear that there is excess at D down the road, I'd make a move then. For now... we're rebuilding, let's stick with it.

Old
09-28-2003, 09:47 AM
Lam7825
Go Goldy Go!

the talk in Phx is that Burke isn't going anywhere.....and certainly not for Hilbert and Morrisson. The Yotes have made a lot of personnel changes already, and it sounds like they're done for now and waiting to see how everyone meshes together. They'll move Boucher before Burke.

I like the thought about moving Lapointe and ending up with Morris, but I don't think realistically that's going to happen either. Especially now that Mahty is "damaged goods."

the Bruins are standing pat. This organization is going to make us suffer another sub-par year.

And that's my optimistic view! :p

Old
09-28-2003, 09:50 AM
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey

Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Vickers Send a message via MSN to Aaron Vickers
Hilbert, Morrisson and a 3rd wouldn't fetch Burke alone, nevermind Gratton added ontop of that.

Morris' value on the market is significantly higher than that of Tanguay as well.

What makes you think that Detroit wants Lapointe back? I honestly haven't heard anything about that, and at $5 Million, I don't see them wanting him back that badly.

Morris isn't making all that much money, especially for what he's providing in Colorado.

Old
09-28-2003, 10:05 AM
Boston Bruno

Come on..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Vickers
Hilbert, Morrisson and a 3rd wouldn't fetch Burke alone, nevermind Gratton added ontop of that.

Hilbert Morrison and a 3rd wouldnt get Burke? Is this some other Burke that the planet doesnt know about, or the guy who is 3 years or less from hangin em up? come on man.. If you WOULDNT take that for Burke in Phoenixs situation then the GM should be beaten in the town square!.
But I do agree that the balance of the value of Burke should not include gratton - thats just pipe dreamin.

Old
09-28-2003, 10:12 AM
Gee Wally
Retired

vCash: 50
Awards:
WWL..I gotta say that new avatar....

It's the first time the Pooh Bear jersey looked good to me ...

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Old
09-28-2003, 10:15 AM
Black Eye

vCash:
I'm not really suggesting this trade because Boynton is one of my favorites, but how about

Boynton + Huml for Comrie and Laraque??

Old
09-28-2003, 11:07 AM
gvkmedia
Preaching B's hockey

I'm all for it.

We'll just have to groom our D....

Old
09-28-2003, 12:11 PM
Mizral

Avs fans would tell you that Morris is probobly worth to the Avs around what Samsonov is worth to the Bruins. Would you guys, under any circumstances, move Samsonov for Joseph? didn't think so.

Also, why would the Yotes trade Burke & Gratton, a guy they just got, for prospects? They are trying to make the playoffs now, they aren't rebuilding.

Old
09-28-2003, 01:00 PM
BINGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by WE WANT LARAQUE
Hilbert Morrison and a 3rd wouldnt get Burke? Is this some other Burke that the planet doesnt know about, or the guy who is 3 years or less from hangin em up? come on man.. If you WOULDNT take that for Burke in Phoenixs situation then the GM should be beaten in the town square!.
But I do agree that the balance of the value of Burke should not include gratton - thats just pipe dreamin.

LOVE THE AVATAR. JUST LIKE WALLY SAID, THATS THE BEST THE SATURDAY JERSEY HAS EVER LOOKED!

Old
09-28-2003, 01:21 PM
Boston Bruno

Aint it great?

Thanks for the compliments, but they should be directed to the Poutine Avant Gaurde - STOMPEY DA POUTINE DOWN..

He emailed me with it - I thought it was quite snazzy. Truly, I am blessed on this day.

Closed Thread