HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Suggested Minimum Content For GDT's

Old
04-12-2010, 03:31 PM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Suggested Minimum Content For GDT's

After discussing this through the past few weeks with BigFatCat999, we have decided to implement "bare bones" standards for all playoff and regular season GDT's beginning immediately...

The policy for starting GDT's remains as follows:
"A poster who starts a GDT for a game where the Predators WIN has the sole right to start the GDT for the next game unless they decline or fail to post the next GDT by 12 noon CST on game day."

We will actually move up the deadline to start the GDT to 9:00 AM CST for the playoffs...

Should the Predators lose a game, the right to start the next GDT is open to first-come, first-served...

And now, without further ado, the following is a list of the MINIMUM requirements for starting a GDT...

- Use of team logos and names in an appropriate manner to represent the match up
- A theme for the thread
- A video to support the theme of the thread
- Time, Date, and Location of game
- Series Schedule and Game Results

This is NOT meant to stifle the creativity we have all seen throughout the years while making GDT's or make it a chore to do so. Instead we have created this to use as a guide to take some of the guess work out of starting GDT's and encourage posters to add their own unique touches to the threads without sacrificing on the essentials.

I strongly encourage our many lurkers to sign-up and join into the discussion and would like to see a much more diverse group of posters starting GDT's as time goes on...don't be afraid...jump in with both feet!!! We promise, we won't bite...

Edit: Until next season, we'll consider this a guideline for minimum suggested content...

Last edited by Seth Lake: 04-20-2010 at 09:51 AM.
Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 03:35 PM
Seth Lake

With the Predators win in the season finale...Token Grinder has the sole right to start the GDT for Game 1 on Friday. Should Token Grinder decline the right or fail to post a GDT on Friday by 9 AM CST, then the privilege reverts back to first-come, first-served...however, the minimum requirements for the thread must be adhered to...

Old
04-12-2010, 03:40 PM
token grinder

you are dooming this team. BFC can attest, my magic is in simplicity. not all the bells and whistles. i don't know my way around well enough to get all that stuff, nor have the time. I would like to do game one, however I think you have fired me. may the first round sweep be laid at your feet.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 03:48 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
you are dooming this team. BFC can attest, my magic is in simplicity. not all the bells and whistles. i don't know my way around well enough to get all that stuff, nor have the time. I would like to do game one, however I think you have fired me. may the first round sweep be laid at your feet.
Been something we've been discussing for over a month and had discussed the start of the playoffs as a start date. While I agree with some superstitions, I believe the post-season is separate from the regular-season and a whole new level of play is required to be brought to the table for the playoffs...

There are four days to acquaint yourself with all these "bells and whistles" and believe that both BFC and I would be willing to help you learn via PM if you want to continue your "magic" and post the Game 1 GDT...

Old
04-12-2010, 04:33 PM
Traded Legwand
Vote for Weber

I'll contribute as much as I can, but most of my GDT stuff was done at work before they took our internet.. Also, can we get a sticky for the Series discussion thread?

Traded Legwand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2010, 01:39 AM
braindead

Quote:
Dear Token, to paraphrase Tootoo "Rules are for losers". I'm in favor of continuity and freedom of the creator to work their own brand of magic until it doesn't work. Then they should be shot and a new magician can become king.

If we can't figure out the logo's of the teams by Friday or the head to head record, or need a video theme to entertain us, we collectively suck. In fact, Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit should be our permanent theme music in that case (you know: Here we are now, entertain us, I feel stupid and contagious...).

Token, you and I both know that we should have Niemi's 10 game stat package, Kane's skate size, and the Hawk's bottom pairing plus/minus MEMORIZED by Friday.

I'm proud of our mods; they are great. Now, ignore them and post your magic. If they modify or delete, so be it. If I were a mod I wouldn't dare touch it. Eddie Belfour, who was highly superstitous, never allowed anyone to touch his equipment on game day. For those who didn't know, he would share these gentle words: Touch my stuff and I will kill you." Token, soar like an Eagle.

Sincerely, Anarchy in the USA.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2010, 09:24 AM
token grinder

i would not be offended if post number two in the gdt was all the media blowhard stats. quite frankly i don't care about them. I care about game 1 at this point

Old
04-14-2010, 09:30 AM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
Dear Token, to paraphrase Tootoo "Rules are for losers". I'm in favor of continuity and freedom of the creator to work their own brand of magic until it doesn't work. Then they should be shot and a new magician can become king.

If we can't figure out the logo's of the teams by Friday or the head to head record, or need a video theme to entertain us, we collectively suck. In fact, Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit should be our permanent theme music in that case (you know: Here we are now, entertain us, I feel stupid and contagious...).

Token, you and I both know that we should have Niemi's 10 game stat package, Kane's skate size, and the Hawk's bottom pairing plus/minus MEMORIZED by Friday.

I'm proud of our mods; they are great. Now, ignore them and post your magic. If they modify or delete, so be it. If I were a mod I wouldn't dare touch it. Eddie Belfour, who was highly superstitous, never allowed anyone to touch his equipment on game day. For those who didn't know, he would share these gentle words: Touch my stuff and I will kill you." Token, soar like an Eagle.

Sincerely, Anarchy in the USA.
Quote:
i would not be offended if post number two in the gdt was all the media blowhard stats. quite frankly i don't care about them. I care about game 1 at this point
Can I ask both of you to actually review the first post and tell me where these "outrageous" requests for stats come from?

I'll discuss with BFC whether or not to grant you immunity for starting Game 1, but no guarantees...

Old
04-14-2010, 09:44 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

The requirements aren't that outrageous. All you need to do is add two logos (Preds/Blackhawks obviously), a theme (probably derived from a song or a song title), a youtube video (most likely of that song), date/time/location (Friday 16 April 2010, Chicago, 7:30PM), and then a list of the other three games that have to be played. If a creator wants to add stats that's fine, but frankly I feel things like that should be delivered during the discussion within the thread itself. If we as a fan base can't offer that to one another I'm not sure we should pride ourselves as hockey fans.

I'd imagine these rules are being implemented to make our GDTs look better right now. We're in the playoffs, so we're going to have quite the number of lurkers who are deciding whether or not to join our little hockey community. Why not spruce the place up while we have more interest surrounding Preds HF?

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2010, 09:55 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
I'll discuss with BFC whether or not to grant you immunity for starting Game 1, but no guarantees...
Truth be told. I'm been though a lot crap in the past month so my "Give a damn" is broke and the new part is on back order. I tried to compensate with a little "I really do give a ****" but the delivery truck flipped on the interstate damaging the part on delivery.

My thought is this: we have a universal thread for the playoff series. We can put the GDT within this thread and it's immune to the rules. Next year the rules should kick in and we shall see after that. The universal thread is enough to make me happy, make a post on this thread with a GDT style you want. Just give us enough information to know where we can listen to the game or watching. CST for the puck drop. After that is window dressing.

If SLake agrees to this, hey I'm happy.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2010, 10:54 AM
token grinder

I'm gonna do it. You guys choose to tempt the fates

Old
04-14-2010, 10:58 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
I'm gonna do it. You guys choose to tempt the fates
After a quick time out with SLake, and having him beat my mysanthropy and apathy to the ground with his logic, Token, you get a pardon with the GDT until the mojo runs out. And we will have seperate GDT's for the game thread. The big thread will be for playoff discussions and the GDT will be specifically for the games.

Have at it Token, you're the Yanks fan so you better bring Mystique and Aura with you. I'll bring the carefully folded singles and the liquor, do you want Ontario ice wine with brandy, classic Finger Lakes Red Cat, or would the cheapest stuff I can find at the duty free on the Peace Bridge work for you?

Last edited by BigFatCat999: 04-14-2010 at 01:59 PM.
Old
04-14-2010, 11:23 AM
braindead

Once again proving that our mods put the moderate in moderator.

I didn't mean to imply that any of the minimum requirements were outrageous-- I just didn't want them to impede the magic that Token is now required to deliver- we can't afford the potential jinx.

Token, it's all on you now.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2010, 11:29 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

So if Token has to continue the GDTs after a win Saturday do I have to continue punishing my liver by drinking outrageously unhealthy amounts of cheap bourbon? Because I'm a team player, so as much as I hate to ruin my night with a good bout of drunkenness, I certainly will.

Last edited by ThirdManIn: 04-14-2010 at 11:30 AM. Reason: typo... and not the good kind
Old
04-14-2010, 11:30 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
So if Token has to continue the GDTs after a win Saturday do I have to continue punishing my liver by drinking outrageously unhealthy amounts of cheap bourbon? Because I'm a team player, so as much as I hate to ruin my night with a good bout of drunkenness, I certainly will.
You are using Kentucky bourbon to help a TN team? Wow, Volde would be proud.

Old
04-14-2010, 01:44 PM
token grinder

I just love messin with bfc.

Old
04-14-2010, 01:48 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
I just love messin with bfc.
I'm sorry, you got me confused with someone who gives a damn.

Old
04-14-2010, 01:51 PM
PredsV82
Snot Doc

vCash: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
You are using Kentucky bourbon to help a TN team? Wow, Volde would be proud.
kentucky bourbon is always a good choice but as you know the only whiskey I actually prescribe is Old No.7 and that is only for one specific patient.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2010, 01:54 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

I think there should be an exemption from the rules for last minute GDTs. It shouldn't happen during the playoffs, but it will happen a few times next season. Just a thought.

Old
04-14-2010, 01:58 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

SLake and I have a long off-season to tweek and work on the rules. I think the biggest changes you will see will be agreed upon by the draft.

Old
04-14-2010, 02:18 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I think there should be an exemption from the rules for last minute GDTs. It shouldn't happen during the playoffs, but it will happen a few times next season. Just a thought.
That is a good point, but after starting the thread to get things going...the poster could use the "edit" feature to fill in the blanks...

Will definitely be something to discuss with BFC as these guidelines evolve. Discussing injury status updates for the Predators at a minimum too...

We'll work it out...

Old
04-14-2010, 02:20 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Unlike the NHL, I don't like to change the rules midseason unless the flit is going to hit the shan.

Old
04-14-2010, 02:25 PM
Pattypred

I have a suggestion for one of the game-day threads' song title:

The Night Chicago Died by Paper Lace

Pattypred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2010, 03:40 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Dear Chicago by Ryan Adams

"I think that I've fallen out of love with you"

Old
04-19-2010, 08:36 PM
thejlb*

Just a thought. I dunno about anyone else I have no idea how people do some of the nicer GDT's. I know how to insert images, but I do not know how to align them and what not on a page. I'm sure if people that do the nice ones give an idea or explain it a little to us that don't know. I'm sure you'd atleast have more people giving it a shot.

thejlb* is offline   Reply With Quote