HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sabres Top 20

Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2005, 02:55 AM
Ken McKenna
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Ken McKenna
Sabres Top 20

Revised Top 20

The rankings for the Top 20 Sabres prospects have been re-worked, so you can click on the link above to read more.

Old
02-18-2005, 03:04 AM
Rhett4
KALETA REBORN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken McKenna
Revised Top 20

The rankings for the Top 20 Sabres prospects have been re-worked, so you can click on the link above to read more.
I like it for the most part. Good job and thanks for updating it. Although, I'd argue that Thorburn should be in the ninth spot, instead of 10th. I've been thoroughly impressed with him this season. I'm also wondering why you dropped Miller to a "C" this season but not before. Certainly, the argument could have been made last year when he got blown out in the NHL and his head didn't seem to be in the game taht he might not reach his potential. But he's found his game this season in the AHL. I've been critical of his ability to put it altogether in the past, but I'm quite optimistic about him now (moreso than ever, really).

Old
02-18-2005, 11:19 AM
Trashers fans

Why do they drop Vanek to 8.0 B instead of let him at 8.5 B?

Can someone tell me why please

Old
02-18-2005, 11:36 AM
MLH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry
Why do they drop Vanek to 8.0 B instead of let him at 8.5 B?

Can someone tell me why please
That's a good question. IMO Vanek's offensive ceiling/upside is as high as any prospect not named Crosby or Ovechkin . It's certainly no gurantee he'll ever fully reach his potential, but I would think that would make him a 9 B-.

Old
02-18-2005, 01:10 PM
Ken McKenna
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Ken McKenna
I'll be going through the ratings this weekend to do some tweaking. Given the use of the letter grade for the probability, I'm going to move away from ratings that include a '_.5' . The probability rating pretty much takes care of the need to have the '_.5', anyway, so some changes should be made.

Old
02-18-2005, 03:14 PM
TVanek26*

Send a message via AIM to TVanek26*
I think it's bull that Parise is an 8.5A while Vanek is considerably lower...

Old
02-18-2005, 03:45 PM
TehDoak
General Zad

Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBriere48
The ratings are done by the editors of each team. I think alot of teams editors are considerably more biased than others...

Old
02-18-2005, 03:46 PM
Rhett4
KALETA REBORN

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBriere48
Or how Ray Emery and his .907 SV% average are a 8.0B while Ryan Miller is an 8.0C? So Emery has a better chance of reaching his potential as a number one goalie by being worse and having temper tantrums that do nothing but hold him back? I wouldn't have a problem with a few of the ratings if all the other boards weren't so generous with their prospects - like Kari "Leht-in a million goals in the All-Star game-onen" being a 9.0A. So he's 100 percent guarenteed to be not only a number one goalie in the league, but a super, duper elite goalie in the league. Whereas Miller could fall down to a 6.0, according to his C rating, at the drop of a hat...which means backup goalie. Lethonen hasn't proven anything Miller hasn't, yet he's a lock. I say the other boards drop these guys down to B's and C's, and then Miller as a C won't bother me one bit.

Closed Thread