HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Germany

Jerome Flaake

Old
04-14-2010, 01:55 PM
FallingInReverse

vCash: 500
Jerome Flaake

How good is he going to be, is he good in Germany and do you think he'll come over to NA

FallingInReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2010, 02:21 PM
Sanderson

He hasn't really improved last season, which was certainly a step back for him. Right now he's just a talented winger who doesn't get much icetime.

I really can't see him going to NA next season, as he just signed a two-year deal with a different DEL-team for what is rumoured to be quite a lot of money.

Maybe Toronto could convince him to come over this summer, but seeing how they let Holzer stay four years in Germany, I can't see them pushing him right now.

Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2010, 02:28 PM
Salzig
I am laudable.

I've seen him the last seasons (he played for my local team) and he didn't improve his play much. I think his attitude isn't the best one and I'd be very surprised if he played in the NHL someday.

Salzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2010, 03:01 PM
Dfire

Yes according to some Cologne fans he's a bit of a *****. Although I think I read that after he signed with Hamburg.
Anyways, I think Richer is the right coach to put him back on track. I predict he's gonna get a lot more points next season. The potential is there.

he'll probably make more money in Hamburg than he could make in the AHL.

Dfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2010, 03:27 PM
Salzig
I am laudable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfire View Post
Anyways, I think Richer is the right coach to put him back on track.
It's the last chance for Flaake. I was very surprised that our first coach of last season, Igor Pavlov, sent Flaake to Bremerhaven (like an affiliation) at the beginning of the season. Pavlov was the coach who really liked young players and gave them plenty of ice time. (This was also the reason Pavlov failed in Cologne, he just gave them too much ice time) Pavlov was never a fand of Flaake which is a good indicator for his bad attitude.

Salzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 10:32 PM
smitty10

I posted this in the last thread over in the prospects side, but I'll also put it here.

There was talk that he would come over to play on Prince George in the WHL this past season, but his DEL team wouldn't let him out of his contract. I have heard a few things about what he is going to do next season. I've heard that 1) he will come over and play in the WHL 2) that he has re-signed in Germany for 1-2 seasons 3) the Leafs want him to play NA pro next season. I doubt the latter will happen, but last I heard Burke wasn't even sure about his status in the DEL. I personally would like to see him come over and have a shot at the Marlies and if he isn't ready, assigned to the Cougars, but I have a feeling he's in Germany for another year or 2.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 06:20 AM
fuechsken

I doubt he is going to join the Leaf's organization next season. His new team wouldn't like letting him go immediatly after he signed for 2 years. I'm pretty sure he would like to go to NA, but I think he is kind of frustrated after his slump season. If he finds his role in the new team in Hamburg, he should definitely be able to improve over the next year. Maybe you'll see him in 2011 ;-)

Last edited by fuechsken: 04-16-2010 at 06:29 AM.
fuechsken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2010, 07:11 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuechsken View Post
I'm pretty sure he would like to go to NA, but I think he is kind of frustrated after his slump season.
We should not forget about the money involved. Mr. Flaake will make 100,000 playing for Hamburg. He would make a mere fraction of that playing Juniors in NA. If he really preferred playing Juniors, he would not have signed with Hamburg, so he most certainly won't.

In all home games this season I haven't seen much that gave me the idea he could be an NHL player anytime soon. Frankly, the only play I remember him for was a match penalty for a terrible boarding that left his opponent injured on the ice.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 08:46 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
We should not forget about the money involved. Mr. Flaake will make 100,000 playing for Hamburg. He would make a mere fraction of that playing Juniors in NA. If he really preferred playing Juniors, he would not have signed with Hamburg, so he most certainly won't.

In all home games this season I haven't seen much that gave me the idea he could be an NHL player anytime soon. Frankly, the only play I remember him for was a match penalty for a terrible boarding that left his opponent injured on the ice.
He wouldn't be playing in juniors since he's coming over from Europe and would be an over-ager as well. But yeah judging from what I've heard/read, he should probably stay in the DEL for at least one more year.

LeafOfBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2010, 08:22 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafOfBread View Post
He wouldn't be playing in juniors since he's coming over from Europe and would be an over-ager as well. But yeah judging from what I've heard/read, he should probably stay in the DEL for at least one more year.
Right, but it's pretty much the same story with any minor league. He won't be making close to what he'll make in the DEL.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 07:00 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

I think Hamburg is really hoping for him to come in here and be the most productive German-born player behind Barta next season (if Barta remains).

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2010, 09:36 AM
fuechsken

Sure, they would love to see him score a lot. But he hasn't really found his scoring game in the DEL so far. I don't doubt his potential of scoring 30-35 points next season, but I rather expect him to end up with 25-30 points. It would be kind of sad if that was enough to make him their second best German scorer. At least Holzmann and maybe Bassen should step up/continue to reach this level (not to speak of Barta, of course). He should be able to reach a point-per-game-level someday, but - hey, he's 20 years old - give him some time to develop into a complete package.

Don't get me wrong, I would like to see him become Hamburg's second-best German scorer, and I do believe that he will play his best season so far, but I don't see him become the player he could be next season. Maybe in 2011/12.

fuechsken is offline   Reply With Quote