HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Harrow

Old
10-04-2009, 06:04 PM
A Clerk
Schennergy

vCash: 500
Harrow

I was wondering if anyone hear uses a harrow stick and if so how do you like it?

A Clerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2009, 06:05 PM
Saved*

*cue you_know_who coming in and sucking off Harrow sport with a long winded paragraph*

Saved* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2009, 02:52 PM
elriz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rented Mule View Post
*cue you_know_who coming in and sucking off Harrow sport with a long winded paragraph*
^that guy isn't me, but i have a two piece 300 i bought over the summer and i really, really like it.

elriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 01:03 PM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Clerk View Post
I was wondering if anyone hear uses a harrow stick and if so how do you like it?
I own two Harrow tapered shafts which have the semi gloss rubber grip coat and they rule it. I had bought one first on clearance from last year's stock to see if I liked them and I did.

I bought the 300 series, one maroon to match our team colors and the other a forest green color which I like as well.

I have no complaints about the blades either, I should mention that I use 2 piece sticks.

I like the ease of the numbering system for the blade patterns. I prefer the 4 as it has a 5.5 Lie and a nice Recchi type curve. I also bought a number 5 which is the Lindros P88 curve type. My blade I am using now though oddly enough is the number 7 which is the Lidstrom crazy assed curve. I bought it for cheaps on clearance just for giggles as an extra blade for a change of pace and I have really been enjoying it.

One thing I noticed is Harrow must have changed the manufacture requirements for their composite blades because the newer Lidstrom is more like a normal blade you can buy by other companies and the older number 4 pattern I have has an almost hollow sound like it is filled with foam.

The performance is no different so I am not complaining, it just sounds and feels a bit different. While it feels different it does not feel different in a negative way.

I have officially switched to harrow because my local shop (Blueline Pro Shop in Lewiston Maine where the QMJHL MAINEiacs play) stocks them well.

There is NOTHING more irritating to hockey players than not being able to get the SAME stick whenever they need one, most of the time the internet is the only way to shop as stores are always out of the patterns or they are backordered.

I've had zero troubles getting the Harrow stuff and the Harrow website actually will sell you blades through heir site for a decent price as well as shafts and their other stuff. They even sell personalized sticks and shafts with your name on it if you want it or your team logos and colors.

http://www.hockeystick.com that is the website on my Harrow stick shaft.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 09:50 PM
qwertysac

lol, thats priceless

qwertysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2009, 09:52 PM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertysac View Post
lol, thats priceless
What's priceless? Quote if you can please ... the original poster or the other 3 responses to it?

In any case I love my Harrow sticks and am sold on 'em.

Last edited by Hockeyfan68: 10-06-2009 at 10:04 PM.
Old
04-16-2010, 11:29 AM
Dats13forlife

Harrow blades are pretty good. I personally hated the shaft with all of my heart! The shaft was heavy and the feel was off. (Remember that this is MY OWN opinion about them) But you can't go wrong with getting one, or more, of the blades. They are all I use in my Dolomite and Synergy II shafts.

Dats13forlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 11:37 AM
imkegg85

I've had my 2 piece Harrow 300 for about a month now and I think I might be sold on them for good. I'd recommend them to anyone who doesn't want to drop $150 on some other shaft. Use ELITETEAM in the promo code box for 50% off. That makes the decision a little bit easier

imkegg85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 11:43 AM
jagged

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=745816

jagged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 09:41 PM
dabeechman

It is a no-brainer given the quality and price.

I have a 2-piece 300 and love it. Pay attention to the length of the shaft. I bought a 75 flex and by the time I cut it down, it was a 95ish. I am 5'10.

dabeechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 09:53 PM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagged View Post