HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Poile's UFA Movement Prediction/News Thread

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2005, 12:10 PM
handtrick

vCash: 500
Poile's UFA Movement Prediction/News Thread

Not to put a hex on any developments....but if a deal is done this weekend, what are some predictions for UFA moves by David Poile as the season gets started?

Things could get fast and furious around the league in a hurry.

Old
02-19-2005, 12:40 PM
vopatsrash

not knowing who the UFA's will be, you'd have to assume that the following are locks, barring any unforeseen trades...

(in not necessarily the way they'll be lined up...)

forwards
Legwand-Sullivan-Walker
Arkhipov-Erat-Orszagh
Johnson-Hartnell-Hall

with McKenzie, Stevenson in the mix with Tootoo, Shishkanov, Gamache, Fiddler, Haydar, Segal, and Pivko possible from Mil.

With Zholtok sadly out of the mix, we might want to add another center (understatement of the century, i know) and go with the muscle at one wing and a youngster at the other wing. I'd like to maybe see them let Tootoo work on his skills in Milwaukee, however, they may feel they need him here for marketing purposes again.

defense
Hamhuis-Timonen-Eaton-Zidlicky

with veterans Lilja, Hnidy, and Allison in the mix with youngsters Hutchinson, Suter, Klein for the final two spots

I guess this sort of depends on what's up with Andreas Worrell's legal issues. If Worrell is cut or suspended or whatever, I figure Hnidy is definitely a lock. But, if a high quality veteran defenseman is available at a bargain, you might have to jump on it right now in lieu of Hnidy.

Old
02-19-2005, 02:21 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

We still have to sign Erat and Hall - It will be interesting to see how much they demand now with the 24% rollback being planned (or was planned) and the shortened season.

Also, the Admirals are going to need some help. We could truly strip them. I would expect Jamie Allison to move back to the Ads to take Hamhuis's slot, but if Hutch is called up - I'm not sure what will happen.

Will Lilja be accepted on the team?

What about Mukachev (signed - won't come over.....), Stehlik (Poile pursued signing him very heavily before the lockout - will we try to sign him......I think we should.....beast of a man), Niskala, Safronov........