Season's Over - Report Card Time

Old
04-15-2010, 09:20 PM
BigT2002

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
What?
Bouchard was one of the players that Russo was talking about last year before we knew he was done for the entire season from the concussion he suffered that Brian Burke was very interested in getting up in Toronto. Fact was, no one wanted PMB to leave this team at that time because he was still considered too good of an asset when he would come back.

Quote:
I agree. In theory, Bouchard would be Havlat's set-up man (like he was with Rolston) but given how things have transpired no one believes that will happen anymore. His speed would be a great asset for a Fletcher team but it's hard to get a good read given Bouchard has been out for a year.
Unless one of them agrees to actually shoot, it would be just a punch of passes back to one another:

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 09:34 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceUNO View Post
I just wrote this long winded dissertation concerning this season, and the ******* thing timed out on me, losing everything.

I'm so irritated.
I set up a second HF window and refresh it every few minutes after the second time that happened.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 09:06 AM
Bookman

vCash: 1000
Quote:
I set up a second HF window and refresh it every few minutes after the second time that happened.
If I have a real long one, I do it in a text editor then paste it in. I've been burned before too.

Bookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 02:39 PM
se7en
infamous...

Quote:
I learned from CBS to always have a back-up too. I just highlight and copy after every paragraph if it's long then that way I can just paste it if i get a crappy system glitch...

As for the tread, great stuff guys! Here's my 6 bad & 6 good

Bleak spots

1) Not a fair thing to say, but Bouchard... I know it's not his fault so I'm not blamming him, but I am disapointed that we had 4 million sitting on the shelf all season. (I know we free'd up some money putting him on Long Term IR but I would have rather had him.. On that note, was him on IR how we could afford Kobasew?) I believe he & Havlat would have meshed well... Hopefully next season...

2) JAMES SHEPPARD - thats all I need to say... I'm at my limit with this kid. I know he was thrown into the system all wrong but I hope Fletch can pull another Latendresse style of 1 for 1 trade.. Maybe a change of scenery will do him good

3) Backstrom - you guys already said it all

4) Havlat - again, you guys already said all that needs to be said here too. "Hopefully next season" about sums it up...

5) Boogaard...? I mean really did you expect anything more from him? I agree we should just put him on the powerplay and have him camp right in front of the net.. I t may work, it may not but it would be funny as hell watching the D trying frantically to move him!

6) Injuires in General.. I know I touched on this in #1 & I know Fletch said that he's going to take a serious look at the problem this off-season but as far as dispointments go, never having our full team on the ice was a major disapointment to say the least...

Bright Spots

1) Mikko - Glad he keeps improving every season, thats definitly what you want to see out of players! I would really like to see him hit the 30 goal mark tho, I know he has it in him!

2) Latendresse - Doesn't really need explanation, but glad to have him, hopefully this season wasn't a fluke & he continues to give a big middle finger to his critics by lighting the lamp even more next season...

3) Bruno - We already love him and always will because of 2003 but the fact that he keeps putting up superb numbers makes us love him even more.

4) Mittens - ehhh, I was a little disapointed when we originally signed him but I feel he's been a decent pick-up. There's always room to improve but I think he has been fairly decent...

5) Wellman & Prosser - Good snags, excited to watch them develope. I already love watching Wellman skate, I love his speed! "I wanna go fast!"

6) Khudobin - I really liked his poise and I was really impressed with what I saw from him in his short playing time. Maybe we can see him a little more this next season because he might be a solid yet cheap route to go in the future..

se7en is offline   Reply With Quote