HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Anyone shoot at a radar gun?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-14-2010, 07:40 PM
  #26
Wile E Coyotes
Registered User
 
Wile E Coyotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 558
vCash: 500


heres a shot so fast, it broke the gun !

Wile E Coyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2010, 08:18 PM
  #27
Hockeyfan68
Registered User
 
Hockeyfan68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lewiston, ME USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino 14 View Post
Yeah, because no one on here would stretch the truth.
I don't think people who are actually entering this will do any truth stretching. I know I won't because I don't do that.

I've posted that everything about me is average/bit better than for beer league (I played highschool hockey) and even mentioned cement hands compared to guys who can stickhandle in a phone booth. I was a defensive forward and now play defense. I am a good beer league player though.

I however have a very gifted slapper better than some pros we have seen in actual live AHL and NHL games. It has been a long running commetn in the family when we see pro games with "geez I swear John you shoot harder than that guy just did".

I've seen some videos of supposed 100mph slappers by NHL guys in here and nothing stood out as being harder than what I can do. I am just being honest about it, I have not been amazed by the videos because I can do that.

I am not really sure how one can say a guy on this board absolutely cannot do anything as good as a pro just because he isn't one and posts here.

I'm sure guys out there can throw a baseball between 90 and 100 mph yet didn't make the pros.

If I had other skills as good as my slapshot I would not be here discussing this with you I guess is my point.

I think by the end of this thread we are going to see some wristshots that are just amazing as well as slappers. I think this board has some pretty good talent and we will be surprised by it.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 06:39 PM
  #28
Gino 14
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 812
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 View Post

I am not really sure how one can say a guy on this board absolutely cannot do anything as good as a pro just because he isn't one and posts here.
Nobody said that no one on this board can't produce a 100mph slapshot, but I would say it's a safe bet that no one is going to post proof positive that they can do it. There are only a handful of pros that can do it and they take thousands of shots more in a year's time than any beer leaguer. Please, step right up and prove me wrong, I'd love to see it.

Gino 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 09:16 PM
  #29
hoonking
Registered User
 
hoonking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 156
vCash: 500
I PUT DOWN ALL MY VCASH.

hoonking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 12:33 AM
  #30
Hockeyfan68
Registered User
 
Hockeyfan68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lewiston, ME USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino 14 View Post
Nobody said that no one on this board can't produce a 100mph slapshot, but I would say it's a safe bet that no one is going to post proof positive that they can do it. There are only a handful of pros that can do it and they take thousands of shots more in a year's time than any beer leaguer. Please, step right up and prove me wrong, I'd love to see it.
I'm not worried about it. My entry will be in here, I do not own a radar gun though but the video will be obvious. It is good to be healed up 100%, I posted a video in here already when I tore my bicep tendon and made a thread for it and showed a video of how much it healed in just 4 weeks and was the first time since the injury shooting lightly and at about 65% to 80% and people in here said it looked like about 80mph. I only shot one that felt right bicep wise in that video. it wasn't a slapshot video in other words, it was a bicep pain in the injury video.

I'm not sure why people just don't take people's word for things if they are going to or already have posted a video in here. What would I benefit by saying I can and then clearly can't? I am more interested in seeing others contributions as well. i am sure some folk around here can crank too.


Last edited by Hockeyfan68: 04-16-2010 at 12:50 AM.
Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 06:27 AM
  #31
Gino 14
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 812
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 View Post
I'm not worried about it. My entry will be in here, I do not own a radar gun though but the video will be obvious. It is good to be healed up 100%, I posted a video in here already when I tore my bicep tendon and made a thread for it and showed a video of how much it healed in just 4 weeks and was the first time since the injury shooting lightly and at about 65% to 80% and people in here said it looked like about 80mph. I only shot one that felt right bicep wise in that video. it wasn't a slapshot video in other words, it was a bicep pain in the injury video.

I'm not sure why people just don't take people's word for things if they are going to or already have posted a video in here. What would I benefit by saying I can and then clearly can't? I am more interested in seeing others contributions as well. i am sure some folk around here can crank too.
You act like this is a personal attack, get over it. If you're so sure put up a video of your shot with the speed on a radar gun if you're so sure. No gun, no good. There is no way you can accurately measure your shot by just looking at the video, that's why cops don't sit out there and just pick up people that look like they're driving too fast. The whole purpose of the thread is shots taken at a gun, not guessing your shot speed by watching it.

Gino 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 09:19 AM
  #32
hoonking
Registered User
 
hoonking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 View Post
I'm not sure why people just don't take people's word for things if they are going to or already have posted a video in here. What would I benefit by saying I can and then clearly can't? I am more interested in seeing others contributions as well. i am sure some folk around here can crank too.
Especially online, you can't just take someone's word for something. You say you will post a video but without a radar gun so it will be just as useful as your word, which isn't the end-all to anything really. Not attacking you, but in general if someone says something like "my slapper is 100mph and Adrian Aucoin's slapshot is nothing special" its hard to believe them.

hoonking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 01:50 PM
  #33
Hockeyfan68
Registered User
 
Hockeyfan68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lewiston, ME USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoonking View Post
Especially online, you can't just take someone's word for something. You say you will post a video but without a radar gun so it will be just as useful as your word, which isn't the end-all to anything really. Not attacking you, but in general if someone says something like "my slapper is 100mph and Adrian Aucoin's slapshot is nothing special" its hard to believe them.
Nobody said an NHL slapper at 100 mph wasn't something special. I'm not sure what you are reading, what I said when one can do that it doesn't stand out as being fantastic because they can do it.

As for not having a radar gun I do not really care what is thought of that, buy me one. I'm broke .... make do with what is submitted. If you cannot tell how hard it is from a posted video with at least a "well I can see it is a really good shot" then something is wrong with you guys.

Really I've nothing else to say about it.


Last edited by Hockeyfan68: 04-16-2010 at 02:05 PM.
Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 03:07 PM
  #34
Maupin Fan
Hot Air
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 473
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 View Post
Nobody said an NHL slapper at 100 mph wasn't something special. I'm not sure what you are reading, what I said when one can do that it doesn't stand out as being fantastic because they can do it.

As for not having a radar gun I do not really care what is thought of that, buy me one. I'm broke .... make do with what is submitted. If you cannot tell how hard it is from a posted video with at least a "well I can see it is a really good shot" then something is wrong with you guys.

Really I've nothing else to say about it.
Do you actually think that anyone really cares about your slapshot? Will it make you feel really special if random men that you don't know tell you that you have a good shot?

Just curious since you seem to talk about it in every thread

Maupin Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 03:14 PM
  #35
Hockeyfan68
Registered User
 
Hockeyfan68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lewiston, ME USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevelandcrusaders82 View Post
Do you actually think that anyone really cares about your slapshot? Will it make you feel really special if random men that you don't know tell you that you have a good shot?

Just curious since you seem to talk about it in every thread
I do know one thing for certain, nobody cares about all the trolling that goes on around here or else someone would be doing something about it.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 03:29 PM
  #36
noobman
Registered User
 
noobman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,637
vCash: 500
79mph slapshot. Shooting is one of the worst aspects of my game.

noobman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 08:26 PM
  #37
hoonking
Registered User
 
hoonking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 View Post
I do know one thing for certain, nobody cares about all the trolling that goes on around here or else someone would be doing something about it.
Actually, I think the moderators here do care about trolling, and something might be done if it was trolling. Whenever there are these arguments, well, they're just arguments. You obviously have no idea what trolling is.

hoonking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 09:51 PM
  #38
Hockeyfan68
Registered User
 
Hockeyfan68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lewiston, ME USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobman View Post
79mph slapshot. Shooting is one of the worst aspects of my game.
79 isn't bad, Cam Neely's radared at 84 and was one of the best goal scorers ever seen.

My worst shot is the backhander, a bit less than average and the rest of my shots are average for guys who know how to shoot. The slapper is the only one that is better than almost all I've seen.

I am beatable on the rest of the shots for sure. There is more to hockey than shooting so don't sweat it.

Quote:
Hoonking: Actually, I think the moderators here do care about trolling, and something might be done if it was trolling. Whenever there are these arguments, well, they're just arguments. You obviously have no idea what trolling is.
How about Flaming .... like it really matters what the f*#k it's called.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 09:51 PM
  #39
Use the Schwartz*
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,511
vCash: 500
I went to a Lightning game when I was..7? and got to test out ym shot with a street hockey ball, 27 mph I think. Not bad for a kid.

Use the Schwartz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 09:57 PM
  #40
BadHammy*
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Right Behind Me!
Posts: 10,444
vCash: 500
My best slapper ever was close to 80. I have a buddy who has a snapper that is almost as good as my slapper though. Gotta be AT LEAST 72-74 when he cranks it. But it's his only shot, his straight wristers and slappers are meh because he never works on them. I believe HF68 that his slapper is close to 100. Truth is, a lot of people can hit 90 at AHL and NHL level, but few break 100. Seeing his at 92-93 wouldn't blow my mind because I know a guy who's smaller than he is who breaks 90 regularly. He injured someone with a slapper once and felt so bad, he switched solely to wrist shots.

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 10:07 PM
  #41
Hockeyfan68
Registered User
 
Hockeyfan68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lewiston, ME USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by donGjohnson View Post
My best slapper ever was close to 80. I have a buddy who has a snapper that is almost as good as my slapper though. Gotta be AT LEAST 72-74 when he cranks it. But it's his only shot, his straight wristers and slappers are meh because he never works on them. I believe HF68 that his slapper is close to 100. Truth is, a lot of people can hit 90 at AHL and NHL level, but few break 100. Seeing his at 92-93 wouldn't blow my mind because I know a guy who's smaller than he is who breaks 90 regularly. He injured someone with a slapper once and felt so bad, he switched solely to wrist shots.
I would not cripple anyone with my sweeping type wristshot, it isn't bad but it isn't that great. The snapper seems really a lot better with the composite sticks and in fact the youngsters today shoot that snap type wrister because of that. Someone posted about it in here and i had never noticed honestly until they mentioned it.

I've since been using that more instead so thanks to whomever pointed that out on here.

My wrister is probably 60 (?) + maybe. meaty-yoker.

As for hitting someone with slappers I dropped a guy once who cut across the slot while I was shooting and he went down and started the swearing thing and slammed his stick against the boards. I felt badly but he was a dick that most of us thought deserved it. he showed me the bruise about 4 days later and it was immense, it made me think about what you said about hurting people. I only take slapshots at pickup with players who know how to play and expect that. i do not use it at co-ed or shinny any longer unless I have a breakaway and I had asked the goalie prior if he minds slappers. The other thing I took into consideration is that most rinks when they have shinny hockey have only partial lighting on and honestly someone taking a good slapshot in low lighting is not very smart to do.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.