HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Gta Iv Dlc

Old
04-15-2010, 03:23 PM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

vCash: 500
Gta Iv Dlc

I'm downloading now. Finally glad its here on PS3. Anyone else on ps3 download it and play yet? How is it? I only bought Gay Tony for now once I beat that and explore it I'll buy Lost & Damned. GT looked more fun to me.

Doctor Drej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 06:40 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

vCash: 50
I picked up Grand Theft Auto: Episodes From Liberty City for my PS3 last night.....which is the actual disk copy of both "The Lost And Damned" and "The Ballad Of Gay Tony." Currently I'm playing "The Lost And Damned" episode right now, I'm a few hours into but I sure am having fun. "The Lost And Damned" is supposed to be significantly shorter in terms of story compared to "The Ballad Of Gay Tony", but is is cool so far nonethless. Some of the chopper bikes are really sweet. It's also interesting to see parts of the original GTA4 storyline through a different point of view, since you're now playing these particular missions as the leader of The Lost biker gang Johnny Klebitz, instead of playing through the missions as Niko like how we originally did in GTA 4.

As a huge GTA fan who'se owned and played every single GTA game since the original for the PS1 back in '98, I sure am sure glad that after months of waiting...I'm finally able to play "The Lost And Damned" and "The Ballad Of Gay Tony" on my PS3.

I haven't played "The Ballad Of Gay Tony" yet so I can't comment on it, but it looks fun.

One neat thing I love about "The Lost And Damned" is the Death metal radio station, hosted by (former Sepultura frontman) Max Cavalera. I've always wanted a Death metal radio station in GTA and there's some great tunes on this one from bands like Cannibal Corpse, Sepultura, Deicide, Entombed, etc.

MetalheadPenguinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 07:12 PM
awesomo
HARD!

They are both pretty good. Rented and beat them both, I like Ballad of Gay Tony more.

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 07:45 PM
Dave
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

I've been a fan of the GTA games pretty much since they came out, obviously more so since they launched on ps2. I have gta4 for 360 and was thinking about getting the two episodes, are they actually worth it? Are there new gameplay features? New territories to explore? New vehicles/weapons? Or are these episodes purely based on telling a different story without adding anything else to the gta4 universe?

If these are just for telling more of the story or a different story I doubt that I will pick them up unless I can find them cheap.

Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 08:00 PM
awesomo
HARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by led zep View Post
I've been a fan of the GTA games pretty much since they came out, obviously more so since they launched on ps2. I have gta4 for 360 and was thinking about getting the two episodes, are they actually worth it? Are there new gameplay features? New territories to explore? New vehicles/weapons? Or are these episodes purely based on telling a different story without adding anything else to the gta4 universe?

If these are just for telling more of the story or a different story I doubt that I will pick them up unless I can find them cheap.
They dont exactly open up new territories but in Gay Tony you can go clubbing and stuff and of course all the mini games that come with it (drinking competition, dancing, bouncer, etc.). Im not sure about vehicles and weapons, there are missions with new vehicles and stuff but i dunno if you can permanently play with those.

The stories are linked to the original so its pretty cool. Mission variety is great though, really i recommend a buy if you are interested. Both are awesome.

Personal preference: i prefer Ballad of Gay Tony (if you choose decide to pick 1 of 2)

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 08:04 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Yup there are new vehicles and weapons in both games.

Old
04-15-2010, 08:39 PM
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadPenguinsFan View Post

One neat thing I love about "The Lost And Damned" is the Death metal radio station, hosted by (former Sepultura frontman) Max Cavalera. I've always wanted a Death metal radio station in GTA and there's some great tunes on this one from bands like Cannibal Corpse, Sepultura, Deicide, Entombed, etc.
This seriously just sold me on picking this up. Is there a complete track listing for this station anywhere?

Jovavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 12:17 AM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz View Post
This seriously just sold me on picking this up. Is there a complete track listing for this station anywhere?
At the Gates - Slaughter Of The Soul
Celtic Frost - Inner Sanctum
Entombed - Drowned
Sepultura - Dead Embryonic Cells
Deicide - Dead By Dawn
Cannibal Corpse - I C*m Blood (had to censor the "u" in there )
Bathory - Call From The Grave
Kreator - Awakening Of The Gods
Terrorizer - Fear Of Napalm
Soulfly - Blood Fire War Hate

Pretty sweet tracklisting for a video game IMO. Especially since none of those bands are mainstream. Well, Cannibal Corpse may be considered mainstream to an extent...but meh.

Old
04-16-2010, 06:56 AM
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling

Sepultura and Soulfly? Sold

Jovavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 09:28 AM
meehan

Send a message via ICQ to meehan Send a message via AIM to meehan Send a message via MSN to meehan Send a message via Yahoo to meehan Send a message via Skype™ to meehan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadPenguinsFan View Post
At the Gates - Slaughter Of The Soul
Celtic Frost - Inner Sanctum
Entombed - Drowned
Sepultura - Dead Embryonic Cells
Deicide - Dead By Dawn
Cannibal Corpse - I C*m Blood (had to censor the "u" in there )
Bathory - Call From The Grave
Kreator - Awakening Of The Gods
Terrorizer - Fear Of Napalm
Soulfly - Blood Fire War Hate

Pretty sweet tracklisting for a video game IMO. Especially since none of those bands are mainstream. Well, Cannibal Corpse may be considered mainstream to an extent...but meh.
Heh, not to nitpick but most of those bands aren't death metal. Still interesting choices for a mainstream video game.

meehan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 10:41 AM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meehan View Post
Heh, not to nitpick but most of those bands aren't death metal. Still interesting choices for a mainstream video game.
Well ok if you wanna get technical At The Gates are Melodic Death metal, Celtic Frost were Thrash/Death/Black Metal (in their early days and the in-game song "Inner Sanctum" is from that period), Bathory were a black metal band, Entombed are death metal, Kreator and Sepultura are thrash metal (although Sepultura may also be considered Death metal to some), Terrorizer are Death metal/grindcore, and Deicide and Cannibal Corpse straight up Death metal.

Really the only hard to classify band in the game's tracklisting would be Soulfly....since their early stuff is nu-metal but their last two albums ("Dark Ages" and "Conquer") have been more Thrash/Death metal influenced.

As a whole I'll just call this ingame radio station (Liberty City Hardcore Radio) an extreme metal station then.

But yeah I agree. That IS interesting...not to mention awesome how extreme metal has made it's way into video games now.

Old
04-17-2010, 01:47 AM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Well I just finished beating "The Lost And Damned" a few hours ago. I completed the whole story, both Random character thingies, have done 11 Gang Wars, and have one more optional Stubbs mission to do. Have done all this in like 10 hours. Talk about game shortness.

In a way though I'm sad because I wish "The Lost And Damned" would have been much longer. Call me crazy, but I enjoyed "The Lost And Damned" significantly more than I enjoyed the original GTA IV. GTA4 was good don't get me wrong, but I preferred Johnny's biker storyline alot more than Niko's. The only thing I wasn't crazy about with "The Lost And Damned" was the final mission and game ending. The final mission felt so simplistic and easy (IMO it was the simplest final mission in GTA history), and the way it ended just felt really rushed and kind of a letdown.

All in all "The Lost and Damned" is still a great game though, I'll probably spend a few days more playing TLAD just screwing around in the city causing carnage before trying "The Ballad of Gay Tony." I still haven't tried multiplayer for "The Lost And Damned" yet either.