HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

S19 Blade Repair?

Old
04-17-2010, 03:42 PM
Ajax02
Sauce.

vCash: 500
S19 Blade Repair?

I've got a little crack on my blade, it's too small to get Stickfixed (wouldn't really be worth it) so I'm looking for suggestions on what I can do to repair it myself.

Tried searching for a guide or something, but no luck.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ajax02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2010, 07:28 PM
doobie604

use some epoxy to seal the crack

doobie604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2010, 04:39 AM
Lario Melieux*

Not too sure what would be best, but I would suggest a layer of wax before taping it. After the wax and before taping, put an extra couple strips over the problem area. That should at least keep most of the moisture out and give it some extra padding.

EDIT: After looking at the picture... Are you talking about the crack all the way through on the bottom of the blade? Or the one about an inch up from the bottom of the blade??? If the one on the bottom is a crack that runs all the way through, then I doubt this stick has much life. Even with the crack that's about an inch up, you're shooting will suffer.

Lario Melieux* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2010, 04:44 AM
Lario Melieux*

BTW, I can't create threads but I thought of a good idea. I'd appreciate it if someone could start a thread where players can post their height, weight, stick length, and stick flex. I'm toying around with the idea of moving up to about a 100 flex.

Height: 72 inches (6'0")
Weight: 180 lbs
Stick Length: 56 inches (4'8")
Stick Flex: 85 (S19 Getzlaf)

I'm pretty strong for my size but I feel like my shot is lagging, moreso my full wind-up slapshot than my wristshot. I also think my snapshot release may be quicker with a stiffer stick. If someone could create a thread I'd appreciate it.

Lario Melieux* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2010, 05:28 AM
Ajax02
Sauce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lario Melieux View Post
Not too sure what would be best, but I would suggest a layer of wax before taping it. After the wax and before taping, put an extra couple strips over the problem area. That should at least keep most of the moisture out and give it some extra padding.

EDIT: After looking at the picture... Are you talking about the crack all the way through on the bottom of the blade? Or the one about an inch up from the bottom of the blade??? If the one on the bottom is a crack that runs all the way through, then I doubt this stick has much life. Even with the crack that's about an inch up, you're shooting will suffer.
It's the crack at the bottom of the blade, its only bout half an inch.

^to the other poster, thanks for the suggestion of epoxy that may be the route I'm going to go after looking it up online.

Ajax02 is offline   Reply With Quote