HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Any News Or Speculation/Your Thoughts About Doan's Game 3 Injury Here.

Old
04-18-2010, 07:32 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

vCash: 500
Any News Or Speculation/Your Thoughts About Doan's Game 3 Injury Here.

What I'm really hoping is that he was able to play later on in the game, but they chose to sit him out for precautionary reasons. I am tempted to write Dave Vest to see if he can give us an update, but I don't know how fast he would reply. If anyone comes across any news on his injury please share here.

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2010, 07:39 PM
SH1VERmeT1MBERS

Looked like a right shoulder injury to me. It didn't appear to be a separation because Doan adjusted his helmet with his right hand as he went to the bench. Hopefully it was just a nasty stinger and he'll be good to go for Game 4.

SH1VERmeT1MBERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2010, 07:43 PM
MP

He got up and left the ice in a hurry, which is good and bad at the same time. My gut says he'll be a game-time decision on Tuesday and probable for Friday. Hopefully we'll know more by tomorrow, but the team likely won't have anything to say before then.

MP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2010, 07:44 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoCoyotes View Post
Looked like a right shoulder injury to me. It didn't appear to be a separation because Doan adjusted his helmet with his right hand as he went to the bench. Hopefully it was just a nasty stinger and he'll be good to go for Game 4.
I'm glad that you said that he adjusted his helmet with that hand because I was thinking Clavicle(collarbone). I broke my collar bone by going shoulder first into the ground, so it scared me to see go shoulder first into the boards. However, when I broke mine, I could hardly move my arm, let alone through shoulder pads.

Doan wants these playoffs so bad, I would hate to see him go down early. Plus he is a vital part to our club. C'mon Doaner! We're pulling for ya buddy!

Old
04-18-2010, 07:53 PM
MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabbit3119 View Post
I'm glad that you said that he adjusted his helmet with that hand because I was thinking Clavicle(collarbone). I broke my collar bone by going shoulder first into the ground, so it scared me to see go shoulder first into the boards. However, when I broke mine, I could hardly move my arm, let alone through shoulder pads.

Doan wants these playoffs so bad, I would hate to see him go down early. Plus he is a vital part to our club. C'mon Doaner! We're pulling for ya buddy!
I've heard that breaking your clavicle is one of the most painful injures you can have. I have no idea, never having broken mine, but Doan didn't look like he was in "omg I'm dying" pain, just "oh boy, I want to play as much if not more than anyone else on the ice for either team, but this can't wait" kind of pain. At least, that's my hope.

Old
04-18-2010, 08:01 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP View Post
I've heard that breaking your clavicle is one of the most painful injures you can have. I have no idea, never having broken mine, but Doan didn't look like he was in "omg I'm dying" pain, just "oh boy, I want to play as much if not more than anyone else on the ice for either team, but this can't wait" kind of pain. At least, that's my hope.
Yeah it definitely hurts. His reaction didn't seem to harsh, but he's such a tough guy, it's hard to tell how much pain he is actually in. Like I said, I hope they just kept him out for the rest of the game for precautionary reasons.

Old
04-18-2010, 08:14 PM
Kyle003p

Quote:
Yeah it definitely hurts. His reaction didn't seem to harsh, but he's such a tough guy, it's hard to tell how much pain he is actually in. Like I said, I hope they just kept him out for the rest of the game for precautionary reasons.
exactly, i actually suspect he was in an incredible amount of pain, but he didn't want to show it out on the ice... i suspect the adjusting of his helmet with that hand was all part of posturing. Last thing you want to do is show the opposition that you aren't invincible

Kyle003p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2010, 08:21 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
What I'm really hoping is that he was able to play later on in the game, but they chose to sit him out for precautionary reasons.
I have a very bad feeling that he would have gone back with one arm if he could have. Collarbone is worse case. Hopefully a stinger.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2010, 11:20 PM
PHX FireBirds18

We have played pretty much all season without Doan being an impact player. I hope he's not injured, but this team can win without him. The only question is, who plays if both Fidds and Doan are out?

PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2010, 11:27 PM
MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX FireBirds18 View Post
We have played pretty much all season without Doan being an impact player. I hope he's not injured, but this team can win without him. The only question is, who plays if both Fidds and Doan are out?
I was thinking about injury replacements before the game today, under the assumption Fiddler would be out.

1. Dress Lang. Check.
2. Dress Vandermeer as a seventh defenseman/fourth-line grinder.
3. Dress one of Tikhonov, Boedker, or Turris and double-shift someone so that the rookie doesn't get more than ~6 minutes total.

Honestly, I would expect one of Doan or Fiddler to be back on Friday, if not Tuesday. If the worst happens and neither are able to return, I'll bet we see Vandermeer in a limited checking/grinding role.

Old
04-18-2010, 11:29 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Griffen's Army.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX FireBirds18 View Post
Probably one of Bissonnette, Tiki, Perrault, or Boedker. I'd think it would be Biz or Perrault as they have the most experience. Tiki can play some defense though and is versatile which could be valuable. They could also do the 7 d thing, which I like.

Lang is obviously now in for Fidds.

Also I sorta disagree that they have played without Doan having an impact. He had a big hot streak in Dec/Jan right before his cold streak and has been playing very well through 2+ games in the PO. It's Stempniak who needs to step it back up. He'll be getting time with the best 2 forwards not named Doan so he'll have every opportunity. Also with the Czech line back in form after game 3 that will help on the goal production side.

EDIT: You mention KT, I think that idea makes DT queezie. Probably would only happen if they get shut out in games 4 or 5 for extra offense. Though there's certainly no guarantee he'll provide any.

SniperHF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 12:08 AM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Kyle Turris has a separated shoulder, he's here to experience playoff hockey. If we have to, I would say it's a toss up between Boedker and Biz. The reason I say Boedker is despite his surprisingly non productive year in SA, he seems to click with our team well, and he has playoff speed. Sort of like Detroit's Darren Helm, he used to spend the whole year down in the AHL, and then they would bring him up for playoffs. I think this year was his first full year in the NHL. Boedker could make an impact IMO. Fiddler is day to day if I'm correct, so I'm not so worried about his position, besides Robert Lang fills his role well. I just hope we don't even have to worry about a Doan replacement, and that he is ready to play come Tuesday. If not Tuesday, then PLEASE by game 5.

Old
04-19-2010, 12:37 AM
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee

Quote:
Kyle Turris has a separated shoulder, he's here to experience playoff hockey. If we have to, I would say it's a toss up between Boedker and Biz. The reason I say Boedker is despite his surprisingly non productive year in SA, he seems to click with our team well, and he has playoff speed. Sort of like Detroit's Darren Helm, he used to spend the whole year down in the AHL, and then they would bring him up for playoffs. I think this year was his first full year in the NHL. Boedker could make an impact IMO. Fiddler is day to day if I'm correct, so I'm not so worried about his position, besides Robert Lang fills his role well. I just hope we don't even have to worry about a Doan replacement, and that he is ready to play come Tuesday. If not Tuesday, then PLEASE by game 5.

Not sure trading in a power forward (Doan) for a quick one like Boeds would be Tips' move.

Vandy, JP, or Bizz (in that order) would be the better.

And Fids may be ready by Thursday so the point could be moot.

Ain't it nice to have depth??

TheLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 12:38 AM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Griffen's Army.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post
Ain't it nice to have depth??
In 2007 the only depth around here was their place in the standings

SniperHF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 01:36 AM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

UPDATE: Vest Says Doan is Listed Day-To-Day, Will be evaluated Monday. Fiddler Update

Quote:
THE DESERT DOG BLOG: DOAN INJURED IN GAME 3 VICTORY
Sunday, 04.18.2010 / 11:15 PM /
The Desert Dog Blog
By Dave Vest

DETROIT The Coyotes won Game 3 vs. Detroit on Sunday, but they lost captain Shane Doan to an undisclosed injury. His status is listed as day-to-day.

Doan suffered the injury after tripping over Red Wings goalie Jimmy Howard and sliding headfirst into the end boards early in the second period. He left the game and did not return.

Doan did not speak to reporters after the game. Coyotes Head Coach Dave Tippett said Doan, who played in all 82 regular-season games the past two seasons and all but two games in 2007-08, would be re-evaluated on Monday.

"We'll see where he is tomorrow," Tippett said. "But we have a lot of guys who are itching for some extra minutes and we had some guys jump in there and play very well. When you lose one guy, it's an opportunity for another guy. Shane's our leader, but we recognize we have a game to play."

Game 4 is on Tuesday night at Joe Louis Arena.

Doan delivered three hits and won a face-off in his eight shifts before being injured. He left the game with the score tied 1-1. Phoenix won 4-2.

My two cents: Doan, who has a goal and an assist in this series, is an extremely tough player who puts his own well-being second to the team's. In other words, playing hurt is nothing new for him so If there is any way for him to play on Tuesday, he will.

Doan wasn't the only Coyotes forward sidelined by injury on Sunday. Vernon Fiddler did not play because of an upper-body injury he suffered in Game 2 on Friday night.

Robert Lang replaced Fiddler in the lineup and played only 6:58. The game was Lang's first since March 4. He has been nursing a lower-body injury for the past six weeks.

Fiddler said he plans to skate at Monday's practice and hopefully return for Game 4. Watching Game 3 in street clothes, he said, was a drag.

"You play 82 games to get yourself in this situation and it's hard to watch, but at the same time my teammates did a great job of pulling together," Fiddler said. "It doesn't matter, it seems, who's out, everybody always seems to pull together and it just goes to show the team we are."
http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=526110

Old
04-19-2010, 01:42 AM
RemoAZ
Stugots

Lang looked either out of shape or still hurt. He was so slow out there. I'd like to see Biz or Boedker if Doan can't go. We don't need to get any slower with another d man or Lang on the wing. I think Fiddler will be ready for game 4.

RemoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 02:04 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Is Joel Perrault healthy?

Wolski-Lombardi-Stempniak
Prucha-Hanzal-Vrbata
Pyatt-Fiddler-Winnik
Nokelainen-Perrault-Korpikoski
Posted via Mobile Device

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 02:37 AM
Prentice*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post

Prucha-Hanzal-Vrbata
Pyatt-Fiddler-Winnik
Posted via Mobile Device

please !! No Perrault !!!

Prentice* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 02:43 AM
PHX FireBirds18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post

Prucha-Hanzal-Vrbata
Pyatt-Fiddler-Winnik
Posted via Mobile Device
I actually don't mind having Biz in over Perrault.

Czech Line
Pyatt-Fiddler-Winnik
Biz-Noke-Korpikoski

I expect Tippet to use Biz Sparingly. Maybe give who ever is going some extra ice time.

PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 04:26 AM
moosemeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoAZ View Post
Lang looked either out of shape or still hurt. He was so slow out there. I'd like to see Biz or Boedker if Doan can't go. We don't need to get any slower with another d man or Lang on the wing. I think Fiddler will be ready for game 4.

Remo, Lang has looked slow all year!

moosemeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 04:33 AM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

thats why I think we need Boedker

Old
04-19-2010, 10:53 AM
MP

Quote:
thats why I think we need Boedker
Out of all the options we have, I actually wouldn't mind seeing Boedker. He could potentially be another Darren Helm, who was an important part of Detroit's success for the past two years. He played limited but high-energy minutes at both ends of the ice, and like Boedker, he's known for his speed. Helm also threw a lot of hits, but there are enough guys looking to hit already and Boedker wouldn't need to worry about it as much. We know Boedker would bring the speed and offensive upside, but the bigger question would be whether his defensive game and his toughness are up to the demands of the playoffs.

I just don't think Tippett will put him in. He knows what to expect out of Bissonnette and Vandermeer, and that counts for a lot, especially with coaches like him.

Old
04-19-2010, 10:55 AM
SH1VERmeT1MBERS

I suspect that Tippet is afraid to play biz with Detroit's potent Power Play, especially with Fidds out. Lang is terrible at this stage. Hopefully Fidds and Doan will both be back tomorrow night and healthy enough to not be a liability. I wouldn't mind seeing Boeds get some time.

SH1VERmeT1MBERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 10:59 AM
zz

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorTippett View Post
please !! No Perrault !!!
Perrault looked very good in his short stint before the concussion. Definitely more physical and defensively responsible than Boedker. I'd give him a host before any of the rookies. Now is not the time for the kids to learn on the job.

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 02:54 PM
CitizenCoyote

Coyotes practice underway at the Joe according to Walsh on twitter. Fiddler is practicing. Doan skated "briefly" and left the ice, according to Walsh.

http://twitter.com/walshtodd

CitizenCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote