HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Picture becoming clear as.....mud

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-28-2003, 05:01 PM
  #1
DKH
Registered User
 
DKH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 28,447
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Picture becoming clear as.....mud

Its bad enough I'm pissed over the play calling in the 'final' drive of the Patriots (if this was a Patriot board I'd be going on about Brady should never throw any pass over 20 yards unless it was so deep that only Patten or Bethel Johnson could catch it or it would be incomplete); and the draw on third down to Centers....ugh.

Anyways, I heard the Broons game on the radio and although 5 of what I consider the 6 best players didn't play, Bob Beers made it seem like it was a MUST MISS. I am not sure why Potvin didn't play accept to think maybe he'll get 60 minutes Tuesday against the Devils.

The goaltending may be in good hands for the future but it seems very shakey today. To go with Toivonen is risky especially with this defense. It wouldn't be fair to him. I'm going to go to Thursday and Saturday nights games and see for myself. Three exhibition games, the waiver draft.....one week but a lot can happen.

You wonder how they can allow Zinovjev to start here when he probably hasn't even finished unpacking. I would think a month or two in Providence would be good for him providing the Broons see he has a great support system to deal with the new culture etc....Bergeron? I just find it very hard to believe he can be ready but the accolades keep coming so.....

It will certainly be an interesting week ahead in Boston sports- the Red Sox by this time next week will have possibly played 4 games; the Pats would have had another game; and the Broons would have played 3 exhibition games, had the waiver draft to deal with and had to make atleast 3 or 4 somewhat major decisions on personnel. And you wonder if they would pull a 'shockha' and grab Cujo off of the waiver list assuming he ends up on it like most believe?

DKH is offline  
Old
09-28-2003, 05:25 PM
  #2
bwunderlich
Registered User
 
bwunderlich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: woodstock, ny
Posts: 2,091
vCash: 500
i really think they gave raycroft the opportunity today to take the #1 spot. didn't think he got it done today.

i like a rolston, zamuner, axe line. i would like thornton and sammy together as i think murray would do better with a kid center than sammy.

so . . .

thornton, knuble, sammy
bergeron, murray, grosek
rolston, zam, axe
donato/stock, sandy mac, huml


defense? boy we need nick back - i haven't a clue to parings.

lets hope tuesday and TH we get all the big boys on the ice to see whats what before the waiver wire.

bwunderlich is offline  
Old
09-28-2003, 05:52 PM
  #3
MeisterBruinmaker
Registered User
 
MeisterBruinmaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bay area, California
Posts: 6,893
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to MeisterBruinmaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwunderlich
i really think they gave raycroft the opportunity today to take the #1 spot. didn't think he got it done today.

i like a rolston, zamuner, axe line. i would like thornton and sammy together as i think murray would do better with a kid center than sammy.

so . . .

thornton, knuble, sammy
bergeron, murray, grosek
rolston, zam, axe
donato/stock, sandy mac, huml


defense? boy we need nick back - i haven't a clue to parings.

lets hope tuesday and TH we get all the big boys on the ice to see whats what before the waiver wire.
Not bad.

I'd throw Knuble with Bergeron to give the line a guy good with the garbage goals yet who still has the size and grit. Grosek hasn't proved as effective around the net. Then I'd put Huml up with Joe. There would be no size on the first line other than big Bird, but with Samsonov's ability to undress players coming off the boards coupled with Joe's knack for setting up shop behind the net, maybe it wouldn't be as much of an issue.

Samsonov-Thornton-Huml
Knuble-Bergeron-Murray
Axelsson-Rolston-Zamuner
Grosek-Stock-McCarthy

Bergeron get's two guys to feed the puck, and each can create room for him. Then he goes back to Juniors before his 10 games are up and O'Connell brings in the fix he should have never had to find in the first place (IMO it's making up for that ill-conceived plan again).

MeisterBruinmaker is offline  
Old
09-28-2003, 06:26 PM
  #4
WBC8
Registered User
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: HFL 4 Life
Country: United States
Posts: 36,361
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH
Its bad enough I'm pissed over the play calling in the 'final' drive of the Patriots (if this was a Patriot board I'd be going on about Brady should never throw any pass over 20 yards unless it was so deep that only Patten or Bethel Johnson could catch it or it would be incomplete); and the draw on third down to Centers....ugh.

Anyways, I heard the Broons game on the radio and although 5 of what I consider the 6 best players didn't play, Bob Beers made it seem like it was a MUST MISS. I am not sure why Potvin didn't play accept to think maybe he'll get 60 minutes Tuesday against the Devils.

The goaltending may be in good hands for the future but it seems very shakey today. To go with Toivonen is risky especially with this defense. It wouldn't be fair to him. I'm going to go to Thursday and Saturday nights games and see for myself. Three exhibition games, the waiver draft.....one week but a lot can happen.

You wonder how they can allow Zinovjev to start here when he probably hasn't even finished unpacking. I would think a month or two in Providence would be good for him providing the Broons see he has a great support system to deal with the new culture etc....Bergeron? I just find it very hard to believe he can be ready but the accolades keep coming so.....

It will certainly be an interesting week ahead in Boston sports- the Red Sox by this time next week will have possibly played 4 games; the Pats would have had another game; and the Broons would have played 3 exhibition games, had the waiver draft to deal with and had to make atleast 3 or 4 somewhat major decisions on personnel. And you wonder if they would pull a 'shockha' and grab Cujo off of the waiver list assuming he ends up on it like most believe?

Dude, preseason or not, that was the most lethargic Bruins game I've ever seen played with the spoked B......I longed for the Josef Stumpel-Landon Wilson-Jean Yves-Roy line from years past......

Bergeron is in no way ready for the NHL. Tools yes, but he makes Ivan Huml look like Big Poppa Pump. Jillson looked decent, Jurcina is big but out of position alot and Gellard should never play another NHL game ever. Ian Moran got some brownie points for dropping 'em with Chris Simon. I know this wasn;t by any means a finished product, but very boring Bruins hockey was played this game.

WBC8 is offline  
Old
09-28-2003, 06:27 PM
  #5
WBC8
Registered User
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: HFL 4 Life
Country: United States
Posts: 36,361
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwunderlich
i really think they gave raycroft the opportunity today to take the #1 spot. didn't think he got it done today.

i like a rolston, zamuner, axe line. i would like thornton and sammy together as i think murray would do better with a kid center than sammy.

so . . .

thornton, knuble, sammy
bergeron, murray, grosek
rolston, zam, axe
donato/stock, sandy mac, huml


defense? boy we need nick back - i haven't a clue to parings.

lets hope tuesday and TH we get all the big boys on the ice to see whats what before the waiver wire.
Raycroft didn't look that good today is right....Plus, I don't see how Bergeron can really be on the opening night roster...He needs to be returned immediately to the Titans.

WBC8 is offline  
Old
09-28-2003, 06:45 PM
  #6
DKH
Registered User
 
DKH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 28,447
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8
Dude, preseason or not, that was the most lethargic Bruins game I've ever seen played with the spoked B......I longed for the Josef Stumpel-Landon Wilson-Jean Yves-Roy line from years past......

Bergeron is in no way ready for the NHL. Tools yes, but he makes Ivan Huml look like Big Poppa Pump. Jillson looked decent, Jurcina is big but out of position alot and Gellard should never play another NHL game ever. Ian Moran got some brownie points for dropping 'em with Chris Simon. I know this wasn;t by any means a finished product, but very boring Bruins hockey was played this game.
easy there on Jean Yves Roy, he lives near me and I see him alot- actually, I wish he was still playing for us.

DKH is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:31 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.