Picture becoming clear as.....mud

Closed Thread

Old
09-28-2003, 05:01 PM
DKH

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Picture becoming clear as.....mud

Its bad enough I'm pissed over the play calling in the 'final' drive of the Patriots (if this was a Patriot board I'd be going on about Brady should never throw any pass over 20 yards unless it was so deep that only Patten or Bethel Johnson could catch it or it would be incomplete); and the draw on third down to Centers....ugh.

Anyways, I heard the Broons game on the radio and although 5 of what I consider the 6 best players didn't play, Bob Beers made it seem like it was a MUST MISS. I am not sure why Potvin didn't play accept to think maybe he'll get 60 minutes Tuesday against the Devils.

The goaltending may be in good hands for the future but it seems very shakey today. To go with Toivonen is risky especially with this defense. It wouldn't be fair to him. I'm going to go to Thursday and Saturday nights games and see for myself. Three exhibition games, the waiver draft.....one week but a lot can happen.

You wonder how they can allow Zinovjev to start here when he probably hasn't even finished unpacking. I would think a month or two in Providence would be good for him providing the Broons see he has a great support system to deal with the new culture etc....Bergeron? I just find it very hard to believe he can be ready but the accolades keep coming so.....

It will certainly be an interesting week ahead in Boston sports- the Red Sox by this time next week will have possibly played 4 games; the Pats would have had another game; and the Broons would have played 3 exhibition games, had the waiver draft to deal with and had to make atleast 3 or 4 somewhat major decisions on personnel. And you wonder if they would pull a 'shockha' and grab Cujo off of the waiver list assuming he ends up on it like most believe?

Old
09-28-2003, 05:25 PM
bwunderlich

i really think they gave raycroft the opportunity today to take the #1 spot. didn't think he got it done today.

i like a rolston, zamuner, axe line. i would like thornton and sammy together as i think murray would do better with a kid center than sammy.

so . . .

thornton, knuble, sammy
bergeron, murray, grosek
rolston, zam, axe
donato/stock, sandy mac, huml

defense? boy we need nick back - i haven't a clue to parings.

lets hope tuesday and TH we get all the big boys on the ice to see whats what before the waiver wire.

Old
09-28-2003, 05:52 PM
MeisterBruinmaker

Send a message via Yahoo to MeisterBruinmaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwunderlich
i really think they gave raycroft the opportunity today to take the #1 spot. didn't think he got it done today.

i like a rolston, zamuner, axe line. i would like thornton and sammy together as i think murray would do better with a kid center than sammy.

so . . .

thornton, knuble, sammy
bergeron, murray, grosek
rolston, zam, axe

lets hope tuesday and TH we get all the big boys on the ice to see whats what before the waiver wire.
Not bad.

I'd throw Knuble with Bergeron to give the line a guy good with the garbage goals yet who still has the size and grit. Grosek hasn't proved as effective around the net. Then I'd put Huml up with Joe. There would be no size on the first line other than big Bird, but with Samsonov's ability to undress players coming off the boards coupled with Joe's knack for setting up shop behind the net, maybe it wouldn't be as much of an issue.

Samsonov-Thornton-Huml
Knuble-Bergeron-Murray
Axelsson-Rolston-Zamuner
Grosek-Stock-McCarthy

Bergeron get's two guys to feed the puck, and each can create room for him. Then he goes back to Juniors before his 10 games are up and O'Connell brings in the fix he should have never had to find in the first place (IMO it's making up for that ill-conceived plan again).

Old
09-28-2003, 06:26 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH
Its bad enough I'm pissed over the play calling in the 'final' drive of the Patriots (if this was a Patriot board I'd be going on about Brady should never throw any pass over 20 yards unless it was so deep that only Patten or Bethel Johnson could catch it or it would be incomplete); and the draw on third down to Centers....ugh.

Anyways, I heard the Broons game on the radio and although 5 of what I consider the 6 best players didn't play, Bob Beers made it seem like it was a MUST MISS. I am not sure why Potvin didn't play accept to think maybe he'll get 60 minutes Tuesday against the Devils.

The goaltending may be in good hands for the future but it seems very shakey today. To go with Toivonen is risky especially with this defense. It wouldn't be fair to him. I'm going to go to Thursday and Saturday nights games and see for myself. Three exhibition games, the waiver draft.....one week but a lot can happen.

You wonder how they can allow Zinovjev to start here when he probably hasn't even finished unpacking. I would think a month or two in Providence would be good for him providing the Broons see he has a great support system to deal with the new culture etc....Bergeron? I just find it very hard to believe he can be ready but the accolades keep coming so.....

It will certainly be an interesting week ahead in Boston sports- the Red Sox by this time next week will have possibly played 4 games; the Pats would have had another game; and the Broons would have played 3 exhibition games, had the waiver draft to deal with and had to make atleast 3 or 4 somewhat major decisions on personnel. And you wonder if they would pull a 'shockha' and grab Cujo off of the waiver list assuming he ends up on it like most believe?

Dude, preseason or not, that was the most lethargic Bruins game I've ever seen played with the spoked B......I longed for the Josef Stumpel-Landon Wilson-Jean Yves-Roy line from years past......

Bergeron is in no way ready for the NHL. Tools yes, but he makes Ivan Huml look like Big Poppa Pump. Jillson looked decent, Jurcina is big but out of position alot and Gellard should never play another NHL game ever. Ian Moran got some brownie points for dropping 'em with Chris Simon. I know this wasn;t by any means a finished product, but very boring Bruins hockey was played this game.

Old
09-28-2003, 06:27 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwunderlich

so . . .

thornton, knuble, sammy
bergeron, murray, grosek
rolston, zam, axe

Raycroft didn't look that good today is right....Plus, I don't see how Bergeron can really be on the opening night roster...He needs to be returned immediately to the Titans.

Old
09-28-2003, 06:45 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8
Dude, preseason or not, that was the most lethargic Bruins game I've ever seen played with the spoked B......I longed for the Josef Stumpel-Landon Wilson-Jean Yves-Roy line from years past......

Bergeron is in no way ready for the NHL. Tools yes, but he makes Ivan Huml look like Big Poppa Pump. Jillson looked decent, Jurcina is big but out of position alot and Gellard should never play another NHL game ever. Ian Moran got some brownie points for dropping 'em with Chris Simon. I know this wasn;t by any means a finished product, but very boring Bruins hockey was played this game.
easy there on Jean Yves Roy, he lives near me and I see him alot- actually, I wish he was still playing for us.

Closed Thread