HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

CCM Pro tacks padding question

Old
04-18-2010, 04:12 PM
WWGRD10

vCash: 500
CCM Pro tacks padding question

Has anyone noticed CCM Pro tacks shin and elbow pads in their local pro shops. I know CCM discontinued the line a few years ago, and it's spotty at best finding Pro Tacks equipment on eBay and Craigslist.

Just wondering if anyone has noticed Pro Tacks shins and elbows locally.

Not to sound snarky, but please don't bother replying to say, "Well, there's lots of other brands and newer equipment out there." I know... I wouldn't be asking if I didn't want Pro Tacks specifically. I only say this because I notice that a lot of people love to jump on folks with a condescending tone for asking about specific discontinued items. I asked about Jofa once and had people getting all wadded up over it.

Thanks and have a good weekend.

WWGRD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2010, 08:24 PM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

vCash: 501
It's been what, 4, 5 years? You don't have much chance. Try new stuff on, or look for used stuff on e-bay or play it again sports. If you're talking a year or two after, there's some hope, but by now it's almost certainly all cleared out.

It's like asking if anyone has seen an 85 Camero at their local dealer.

cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2010, 08:34 PM
WWGRD10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjeff View Post
It's been what, 4, 5 years? You don't have much chance. Try new stuff on, or look for used stuff on e-bay or play it again sports. If you're talking a year or two after, there's some hope, but by now it's almost certainly all cleared out.

It's like asking if anyone has seen an 85 Camero at their local dealer.
Thank you cptjeff... you are precisely the person to whom I was referring when I specifically asked the Negative Nancy's not to bother replying "You won't find it."

You might as well have copy and pasted your reply from last time. http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=673195 Just like when I was hunting for Jofa equipment last summer, which I found by the way thanks to a HELPFUL HFBoards member. Maybe if you read all of my post, you would've seen where I said don't bother replying if it was the "try on new stuff or look on ebay" answer. The Pro Tacks came out around 03/04 and went off the market in late-07... so basically like you were saying, 2yrs.

Nice analogy on the 1985 Camaro. 25yrs, 2yrs... yeah, same difference.

Old
04-18-2010, 09:06 PM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

vCash: 501
Yeah, it's the same response becuase it's the same answer, despite you not liking it. It's really not realistic to hope to find this stuff new, and to be perfectly honest, people constantly asking to find old gear perfectly new sitting somewhere is one of those things that really irks me, and that is why I tend to respond the way I do. It just seems like a denial of reality to expect this stuff to be there for you whenever you feel like you want it.

Something that does come to mind though is pro sales. You should be able to find at least gloves, a lot of pros still use them. Pro and junior teams often sell their gear off, there's a chance of finding it there. Mainly gloves, they don't usually sell off shoulders, elbows or shins, since players don't like to replace those.

Also, I was thinking that they were killed off around 06- which is 4 years. 2007 is 3.

cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2010, 11:17 PM
WWGRD10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjeff View Post
Yeah, it's the same response becuase it's the same answer, despite you not liking it. It's really not realistic to hope to find this stuff new, and to be perfectly honest, people constantly asking to find old gear perfectly new sitting somewhere is one of those things that really irks me, and that is why I tend to respond the way I do. It just seems like a denial of reality to expect this stuff to be there for you whenever you feel like you want it.

Something that does come to mind though is pro sales. You should be able to find at least gloves, a lot of pros still use them. Pro and junior teams often sell their gear off, there's a chance of finding it there. Mainly gloves, they don't usually sell off shoulders, elbows or shins, since players don't like to replace those.

Also, I was thinking that they were killed off around 06- which is 4 years. 2007 is 3.
I never said it had to be perfectly new "whenever I feel like I want it." But isn't that when most people decide to search for and buy things, though, when they feel like they want them? I don't want a new coffee maker, but should I go buy one now, and not wait until I feel like I want one? So sorry that a perfectly reasonable question irks you. You make it sound impossible. I guess all those people listing Jofa equipment on eBay are a bunch of frauds who are in "denial of reality" as you put it.

Thanks for the pro sale tip, though, I've already picked up some Jofa shins and shoulders through ECHL and NHL teams.

What I don't understand is the personal affront that my question posed to you that you replied the exact same thing as last year after being explicitly told not to bother?

Old
04-19-2010, 07:13 PM
macgyverthatshiz

Dang man, I just sold a pair of CCM Pro Tack 852 shin guards. I found them at Play it Again sports. They always seem to have Pro Tack stuff there for some reason. I picked up a pair of BARELY used leather ProTack gloves for $30.00 from there too

macgyverthatshiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 08:23 PM
WWGRD10

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyverthatshiz View Post
Dang man, I just sold a pair of CCM Pro Tack 852 shin guards. I found them at Play it Again sports. They always seem to have Pro Tack stuff there for some reason. I picked up a pair of BARELY used leather ProTack gloves for $30.00 from there too
GET OUT!! Talk about a coincidence. Which Play It Again Sports in NC was it? Unfortunately, Play It Again isn't like a Guitar Center where they can check regional or national inventory. I think Play It again only has their own store's inventory accessible.

Thanks for letting me know bud.

Old
04-19-2010, 09:10 PM
macgyverthatshiz

Wilmington, NC is where I got them, but I go to the one in Raleigh whenever I am up there too. They had some CCM Pro Tack 452 elbows too but have since been bought. Pickin's can be slim down here, as I live at the beach, but sometimes there is all kinds of good stuff there.

macgyverthatshiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 11:16 PM
WWGRD10

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyverthatshiz View Post
Wilmington, NC is where I got them, but I go to the one in Raleigh whenever I am up there too. They had some CCM Pro Tack 452 elbows too but have since been bought. Pickin's can be slim down here, as I live at the beach, but sometimes there is all kinds of good stuff there.
Thanks for the tip!