HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PO #3: Devils @ Flyers - April 18, 2010

Old
04-19-2010, 12:40 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1487
PO #3: Devils @ Flyers - April 18, 2010

A new thread since the other is closing in on 1,000 posts.

Expired thread -- http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=765095

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 12:48 AM
Unstable

vCash: 500
Yeah, Devils fans are posers.

Unstable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 12:54 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
You should hear some of the stuff in their GDT. One of them said our fans were pretty much awful (in terms of not supporting the team), and I mentioned the availability of Devils tickets for $9 on stubhub and suggested he not pick that particular fight. They pretty much told me to "get the **** out". Kind of funny. Some of them were cool though.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 12:57 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am The Mush View Post
You should hear some of the stuff in their GDT. One of them said our fans were pretty much awful (in terms of not supporting the team), and I mentioned the availability of Devils tickets for $9 on stubhub and suggested he not pick that particular fight. They pretty much told me to "get the **** out". Kind of funny. Some of them were cool though.
Eh they are just mad. They will just make up excuses and other **** to make them feel better.

Hey whatever floats their boat . We outplayed them. They should worry about the own team then *****ing about us the whole time

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 01:05 AM
ILIKETURTLES08

They're just mad because BOOSH is styling on them

ILIKETURTLES08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 01:12 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILIKETURTLES08 View Post
They're just mad because BOOSH is styling on them
Lol at the phrase "styling on them". Haven't heard that in a while.

In fairness most of them weren't rude, just a couple. Some of them were even polite so, no big deal. In reference to what Sa Cyred said, a lot of them are concerned about the way things are looking. Some still feel alright about things.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 01:25 AM
Eech

What a finish! It is really nice to see Richards, Carcillo, and Giroux stepping up in the playoffs. Now if only Carter and Briere followed suit.. The PK was great but they can't afford to take so many penalties in the future. I can't wait for Tuesday's game!

Eech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 01:34 AM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Isn't JL thinking about retirement? After this year?

@Hover - "You don't like it? Fine. (takes gun rack and starts to walk away; turns) You know Wayne, if you're not careful, you're going to lose me. I lost you two months ago. We broke up. Are you mental? Get the net!"

That was one of those movies you love after you're a little older. I remember seeing it when I was younger and finding some of the lines funny. As I got older that movie was ****ing hilarious.

Last edited by dbr2: 04-19-2010 at 01:40 AM.
dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 01:38 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

If Carter and Briere (or just line 2 in general) can get hot, I believe this team could be unstoppable. Line 1, 3, 4 have all been great, Boosh has been great, the 4 defensemen have been great, and the bottom 2 have had their moments.

If that second line starts producing like they can, we can steamroll any team in the East, as long as we don't let the Pens psych us out.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 01:52 AM
Amateur Hour

Giroux just has IT -- that flare for the moment, the ability to raise his game to another level this time of year. He plays his best in the playoffs when the stakes are highest. He did it in juniors, against the Pens last season, and now he's doing it again against the Devils. We all know his skill level is through the roof, now it's only a matter of time (and putting a legitimate goal scorer on his line) before he puts it together over an entire season. I mean, he was just FLYING out there tonight. It was noticeable every time he had the puck on his stick because he'd deftly zip through the neutral zone into the offensive zone and set up shop.

Hopefully we're fortunate enough to move on and Giroux is able to put his talent on full display for a larger audience. He should be second only to Richards among forwards in ice time.

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 01:53 AM
HappyKappy

They're finally playing the way that we've been waiting to see all year. Great game, would've been less crazy if vintage Marty hadn't shown up.

HappyKappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 03:15 AM
chaosof99*

Grilled cheese: It works.
Carcillo called his shot.

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 04:32 AM
chaosof99*

CSN Feed:

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 05:02 AM
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosof99 View Post
Well at least we know which song needs to pimped in the GDTs from here on out:

Oh, and by the way, **** YES!!!!!!!

ChumpyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 05:05 AM
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
If Carter and Briere (or just line 2 in general) can get hot, I believe this team could be unstoppable. Line 1, 3, 4 have all been great, Boosh has been great, the 4 defensemen have been great, and the bottom 2 have had their moments.

If that second line starts producing like they can, we can steamroll any team in the East, as long as we don't let the Pens psych us out.
Your ideas intrigue me, and I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter.

But seriously, I think you're dead on with this assessment. Let's hope it happens!!

ChumpyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 07:06 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Fantastic game to go to.

Brodeur seriously kept them in the game. The Flyers dominated the 3rd and OT, and the Devils defense was just not there. Rolsten, Kovalchuk, Parise, and a few others on offense was there, but the Flyers controlled the flow and kept the pressure on for the last 23 minutes.

Gagne did not seem to want to skate, and outside of a beautiful shot that found iron, he wasn't doing much, wasn't willing to sacrifice the body like the rest of the team (see Goal Against #2), and couldn't knock down any player when he tried to play the body or check.

The guy right by me hounded Hartnell all night, and Harts was noteably frustrated at his play. I'll give him a pass this game, cause his only penalty was a concurring, and was doing a decent job digging into the corners and playing the body. He wasn't showing up on the score sheet, but he was playing a good game. His pass to Briere was fantastic considering he was being hounded a defender the whole time. Of course the guy was yelling that he should have shot, meanwhile if he had shot said guy would have yelled he should have passed to Briere. From his position, if he had shot, he would have stuffed it right into Brodeur's pads, it was a good play by Harts.

Crowd was really into it and when the cheers got going it was incredibly loud.

Giroux is so much fun to watch.

Boucher played solid, but there were moments where shots were coming by (and luckily missing the net) and he wasn't even reacting cause he couldn't see them. Even Rolsten's 1st goal got through 2 defenders and Boucher's 5 hole, cause he didn't see it. D's gotta clear a lane for Boucher to see it and make the save.

Too many penalties, but great work on even strength and they had some awesome PKs.

Most of the penalties by the Flyers were warranted, and straight textbook calls, even though the crowd disagreed. But there were still a few softies, and a missed high sticking call after Carcillo got whacked in the face in the 1st was BS. They even replayed it.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 07:12 AM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 200
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
Way to many penalties, your playing with fire there. But other than that they played great.

Also, Rick Tocchet on the pre and post games is awesome.

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 07:27 AM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Richards is 2nd in league scoring right now

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 07:29 AM
phlflyer1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Gagne did not seem to want to skate, and outside of a beautiful shot that found iron, he wasn't doing much, wasn't willing to sacrifice the body like the rest of the team (see Goal Against #2), and couldn't knock down any player when he tried to play the body or check.
Uh, did you miss the Flyers second goal? I'm pretty sure that was Gagne throwing his body into the defender behind the net and separating him from the puck which Carcillo picked up and passed to Richie in front.

Thats cool if you think Gagne had a bad game but I am amazed how much people overlook his generally solid two way play when he is not scoring goals.

phlflyer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 07:36 AM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlflyer1 View Post
Uh, did you miss the Flyers second goal? I'm pretty sure that was Gagne throwing his body into the defender behind the net and separating him from the puck which Carcillo picked up and passed to Richie in front.

Thats cool if you think Gagne had a bad game but I am amazed how much people overlook his generally solid two way play when he is not scoring goals.
word

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 07:50 AM
nevermore
Cap space since 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlflyer1 View Post

This. Also, he was the one who kept the Devils from clearing the zone right before Carcillo's goal.

nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 07:57 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
Isn't JL thinking about retirement? After this year?

@Hover - "You don't like it? Fine. (takes gun rack and starts to walk away; turns) You know Wayne, if you're not careful, you're going to lose me. I lost you two months ago. We broke up. Are you mental? Get the net!"

That was one of those movies you love after you're a little older. I remember seeing it when I was younger and finding some of the lines funny. As I got older that movie was ****ing hilarious.
yeah every time I watch it I seem to find another line I missed before.

You ever find bug bunny attractive when he put on a dress and play a girl bunny? (Dana Carvey improved that, Mike Myers laughter is real in this scene)

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 07:58 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Fantastic game to go to.

Brodeur seriously kept them in the game. The Flyers dominated the 3rd and OT, and the Devils defense was just not there. Rolsten, Kovalchuk, Parise, and a few others on offense was there, but the Flyers controlled the flow and kept the pressure on for the last 23 minutes.

The guy right by me hounded Hartnell all night, and Harts was noteably frustrated at his play. I'll give him a pass this game, cause his only penalty was a concurring, and was doing a decent job digging into the corners and playing the body. He wasn't showing up on the score sheet, but he was playing a good game. His pass to Briere was fantastic considering he was being hounded a defender the whole time. Of course the guy was yelling that he should have shot, meanwhile if he had shot said guy would have yelled he should have passed to Briere. From his position, if he had shot, he would have stuffed it right into Brodeur's pads, it was a good play by Harts.

Crowd was really into it and when the cheers got going it was incredibly loud.

Giroux is so much fun to watch.

Boucher played solid, but there were moments where shots were coming by (and luckily missing the net) and he wasn't even reacting cause he couldn't see them. Even Rolsten's 1st goal got through 2 defenders and Boucher's 5 hole, cause he didn't see it. D's gotta clear a lane for Boucher to see it and make the save.

Too many penalties, but great work on even strength and they had some awesome PKs.

Most of the penalties by the Flyers were warranted, and straight textbook calls, even though the crowd disagreed. But there were still a few softies, and a missed high sticking call after Carcillo got whacked in the face in the 1st was BS. They even replayed it.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.
Gagne created goal number 2 with a check on Fraser

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 08:02 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
That had to have been the best game the Flyers played all season, despite all the penalties. Lavy said they were all lazy penalties and I think everyone would agree with that. But in spite of all the penalties and Marty Brodeur playing a great game they absolutely dominated. Gonna be tough to top the Flyers performance, but also will be tough to top Brodeur's performance. Just a great, great game for Flyers fans!

DrinkFightFlyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 08:08 AM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Replying to Sonny:

Quote:
It's not our fault they can't handle real reactions and heckling. I was at game two Friday night and they were awful -- the most common things said to the Flyers fans were "You guys suck," "Sit down," "Shut up," or "1975." Outside of that, I heard maybe two "Doucher" comments/chants for Boucher, and a couple "Where's your towels (they gave out rally towels)?" to which we promptly responded "where it belongs, wiping off my ball sweat." At least 99.7% was just awful, awful, grade-f heckling.

The more I travel to see the teams around here play the more I appreciate us as fans.
I was at the game on Friday too, and some of the **** I heard was laughable. I had a ton of Flyers fans around me and we all had a good Let's go Flyers chant going on, and someone was like "Shut up! You have AIDS!" It was quite ridiculous, and everything I heard that night was along those lines. I started with some kid outside during the first intermission cause he was *****ing how he wanted to heckle so bad but he couldn't (as they were losing at the time), and i said "Haha you're losing," and his rant went something along the lines of: "Shut the **** up you *****. Get the **** back here and say that **** to my face. You're ****ing dispicable, you *******....." I then turned laughed at him, and told him to watch his mouth, while continuing to laugh at him. He kept shouting at me as I went back in, but I wanetd to go back so bad just to see what he would do being as though I'm a girl and all.

Kambo is offline   Reply With Quote