HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

European UFA's

Old
04-17-2010, 12:56 PM
SWE

vCash: 500
European UFA's

It looks like Mats Zuccarello Aasen and Roman Cervenka is this years answer to last years Fabian Brunnstrom and Jonas Gustavsson. Which european players do you think the Flyers should go after during the off season? Personally I would love to see Jussi Rynnas, Gustaf Wesslau, Linus Klasen or Juhamatti Aaltonen in orange and black next season. I'm not that high on Cervenka but Zuccarello Aasen is a great player. Unfortunately it seems like he already has decided to play for the Rangers.

Last edited by SWE: 04-17-2010 at 01:40 PM.
SWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2010, 12:58 PM
mercury

Rynnas intrigues me. I'd like to read more about him. Any good articles or reports?

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2010, 01:14 PM
SWE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
Rynnas intrigues me. I'd like to read more about him. Any good articles or reports?
I don't know, but I've seen him play a couple of times this year, and I think he reminds a lot of Pekka Rinne. He still needs to improve his rebound control and build up his leg strenght but give him a year or two and he will be ready to play in the NHL.

Last edited by SWE: 04-17-2010 at 01:35 PM.
Old
04-17-2010, 01:53 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Robert Esche

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2010, 02:02 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Wick, Bobrovsky, Rynnas.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2010, 03:09 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Bobrovsky would be just fine. I have no interest in Rynnas what so ever. He's had one career year and all of a sudden, he's being made out to be the second coming. Bobrovsky has been good his entire career and has the numbers to prove it.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2010, 03:50 PM
ArmchairGM

I've heard only good things about Rynnas. Seems like he has a lot of potential. Someone I know who does a lot of scouting for the NHL really thinks he can be something special, agrees that he's raw, but at the same time that he has a lot of potential. Says he sent a report to the Flyers about him.

Bobrovsky sounds intriguing as well. Don't really know any thing about him other then he has great stats playing on a bad team in Russia. I would really like the Flyers to sign one of these guys to play in the AHL next year. Both these guys seem a lot closer to the NHL then someone like Scrivens.

If it were up to me I would sign Ellis to a 3 year 9 (maybe 2 year 6 million if he will go for it) million dollar deal and use him as a starter. I would also sign at least one of Rynnas or Bobrovsky for the AHL next year with the hope that one could be the NHL back-up the year after that. I would bring Erikkson in that year to play in the AHL, and then hope that one of the goalies can become our long sought after starter.

Last edited by ArmchairGM: 04-17-2010 at 04:06 PM.
ArmchairGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2010, 04:11 PM
captainpaxil

i really like bobrovski id sign him even if it meant giving him a chance at the nhl job right away

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2010, 04:12 PM
flyerfan1248

IIRC, I think the Rangers already got Zucarello-Aasen.

flyerfan1248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2010, 05:33 PM
Juzmo
dont google me

vCash: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
Here is some stuff (rumors, info, video etc.) about him: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=752005

Juzmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2010, 06:47 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Billy, I think the Senators still own the rights to Wick.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2010, 10:44 PM
Mgkibbles

From everything I've read Bobrovksy sounds legit.

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2010, 11:14 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Billy, I think the Senators still own the rights to Wick.
I've heard conflicting reports on that, but I haven't seen anything definitive one way or another. Can you provide such a thing?

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2010, 02:01 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
I remember Pierre McQuire saying that as of this Olympics someone still held Wick's rights, but not for long after the end of this season. I think he mentioned a date over the Summer when he becomes a NHL UFA (I think he still has a contract in Europe past this year though).

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2010, 02:33 AM
whatthef
Failure is an Option

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Robert Esche
Please no. I'm tired of taking chances with goal tending. We need a legit number 1 goalie.

whatthef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2010, 10:37 AM
SWE

Why doesn't Juhamatti Aaltonen get any attention? He is a exciting player with great hands and good vision that likes to hit. This season he scored 28 goals in SM-liiga. I found this clip on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVgutUy6VqQ

Last edited by SWE: 04-18-2010 at 05:19 PM.
Old
04-18-2010, 02:42 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatthef View Post
Please no. I'm tired of taking chances with goal tending. We need a legit number 1 goalie.
I was thinking more as a backup. But if Boucher can keep up his play I think he would be on ok backup. But if he craps the bed I say waive or buyout or somehow get rid of Boosh and bring Esche in as a backup. I'd be cool with that.

Old
04-18-2010, 10:21 PM
A Clerk
Schennergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWE View Post
Why doesn't Juhamatti Aaltonen get any attention? He is a exciting player with great hands and good vision that likes to hit. This season he scored 28 goals in SM-liiga. I found this clip on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVgutUy6VqQ
Is he still Blues property or what?

A Clerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2010, 10:23 PM
Larry44

Quote:
I was thinking more as a backup. But if Boucher can keep up his play I think he would be on ok backup. But if he craps the bed I say waive or buyout or somehow get rid of Boosh and bring Esche in as a backup. I'd be cool with that.
Boosh is going to be back. And he's earning the right, night by night.

If the second Rolston shot doesn't hit Kimmo's leg, who knows if it even goes to OT.

Larry44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 12:03 AM
Gert B Frobe

Quote:
Esche blows. And he whines while he blows which makes him even worse. I don't want anything to do with that pos.

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 03:13 AM
SWE

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Clerk View Post
Is he still Blues property or what?
No, I think they have lost the rights to him.

Old
04-19-2010, 03:43 AM
FinnGoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Bobrovsky would be just fine. I have no interest in Rynnas what so ever. He's had one career year and all of a sudden, he's being made out to be the second coming. Bobrovsky has been good his entire career and has the numbers to prove it.
So a potential goalie prospect is a no no for Flyers? I could see some depth could definitely be welcomed in the goalie department.

I don't know too much of Rynnäs, but you certainly wouldn't get NHL ready goalie there, not even close yet. However, I think you could be looking a potential case of Pekka Rinne or Antti Niemi here. Have some patience, don't rush him and let him grow. Pretty good chance of having a capable guy in net after that.

I know this Gustavsson-like godly-hype is irritating, but putting that aside, there's multiple cases of finding great potential Euro goalies to play in NHL. Gamble pays off pretty often.

Edit: Rynnäs aside, there's some other potential guys I'd be looking from FEL too (not sure about their current situation of being a property of an other franchise though).

Pekka Tuokkola, JYP
Atte Engren, TPS
Teemu Lassila, HPK
Mika Noronen, HIFK
Iiro Tarkki, Blues
Harri Säteri, Tappara
Eero Kilpelainen, Ässät

FEL goalie stats

Last edited by FinnGoalie: 04-19-2010 at 03:50 AM.
FinnGoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 05:03 AM
mirimon

With Gustafsson and Lehtivuori our quota of not-so-big defenders are perhaps already filled, but one guy who's stood out for me in the SEL this year is Sebastian Erixon. As far as I know he's not drafted or signed by anyone yet.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player...r=5546&lang=en

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 06:49 AM
Juzmo
dont google me

vCash: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnGoalie View Post
So a potential goalie prospect is a no no for Flyers? I could see some depth could definitely be welcomed in the goalie department.

I don't know too much of Rynnäs, but you certainly wouldn't get NHL ready goalie there, not even close yet. However, I think you could be looking a potential case of Pekka Rinne or Antti Niemi here. Have some patience, don't rush him and let him grow. Pretty good chance of having a capable guy in net after that.
Who knows. I would guess that the first year will be mostly spent in the AHL (no mather what NHL team he chooses), the second season maybe a backup and in the third year maybe a starter or still a backup with more games. He certainly has the tools (skills with still a lot of potential, size, heart and effort) to make it but it all depends on the amout of luck Rynnäs has, his own development and the NHL organization he will be in.

Quote:
Edit: Rynnäs aside, there's some other potential guys I'd be looking from FEL too (not sure about their current situation of being a property of an other franchise though).

Pekka Tuokkola, JYP
Atte Engren, TPS
Iiro Tarkki, Blues
Harri Säteri, Tappara
I would say that these four are the ones with potential to be something in NA. Wouldn't touch these guys:

Teemu Lassila, HPK - Not solid. Overall a fairly good goalie in FEL but doupt he would make it ever even as a solid backup. Couple of years and the next Bäckström? Maybe, but I doupt it.
Mika Noronen, HIFK - Was quite good this season, but rarely made a big save.
Eero Kilpelainen, Ässät - Has skills but he often just freaks out when there is some actual competition around him. Also let's in quite a lot of softies. Rynnäs took the starting position from him easily and also has much more potential.

Juzmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 09:11 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
Boosh is going to be back. And he's earning the right, night by night.

If the second Rolston shot doesn't hit Kimmo's leg, who knows if it even goes to OT.
Yeah I agree. I was talking more from the POV of before the playoffs or if Boosh craps the bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gert B Frobe View Post
Esche blows. And he whines while he blows which makes him even worse. I don't want anything to do with that pos.
I would disagree. Esche isn't a superstar or anything, but he would be a formidable backup. I would trust him over Leighton and probably even Boucher.