HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

PO #3: Devils @ Flyers - April 18, 2010

Old
04-19-2010, 08:11 AM
Cmoneyflyguy

vCash: 500
Mike Richards says EEEEFFFFFFF YOOOUUUU to those who question his leadership...

Cmoneyflyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 08:13 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

My mistake then on Gags. When they scored the game winner I wasn't facing his back, and outside of who scores it I'm usually following the whole play too much to recognize who got assists (easier to follow on TV).

Either way, he's definitely not skating has hard as I've seen him in the past, even if he's still putting points up that's got to be fixed. A lot of times he was getting too fancy and looking to pass it when he could have shot it and gotten a decent shot on net too. There was a play in the second where he did that, can't remember who he tried to pass to but when he got it off he flubbed the pass and nothing developed from it, while he was cutting left around a defender and should have just shot it in the slot.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 08:14 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 50
I love this team.

04-19-2010, 08:14 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
ESPN makes me sick. Less than a minute and a half of coverage of the Flyers-Devils game. They showed like two saves and Carcillo's overtime goal. Then talked for thirty seconds about the game on Tuesday. **** you, ESPN. **** you.

DrinkFightFlyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 08:17 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

My god, hockey fans really are dumb......... whats the deal with heckling?? just watch the ****ing game and cheer for your own team

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 08:17 AM
might2mash
Post-apocalyptic

Send a message via AIM to might2mash
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
But there were still a few softies, and a missed high sticking call after Carcillo got whacked in the face in the 1st was BS. They even replayed it.
You may want to watch that play again, it was an Oscar-worthy performance...

might2mash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 08:20 AM
nevermore
Cap space since 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
ESPN makes me sick. Less than a minute and a half of coverage of the Flyers-Devils game. They showed like two saves and Carcillo's overtime goal. Then talked for thirty seconds about the game on Tuesday. **** you, ESPN. **** you.
It's kinda ironic that ESPN doesn't give a **** about hockey, yet thanks to ESPN America I got to see last nights game twice (they showed a commercial free replay today).

nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 08:23 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
That's actually not bad, considering they have a lot of Sunday baseball to get through and other sports news. Removing commercials, Sportscenter is only about 44 minutes long, if that. That's 3.4% of Sportscenter solely on the Flyers win. I'll take it.

Old
04-19-2010, 08:25 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
My mistake then on Gags. When they scored the game winner I wasn't facing his back, and outside of who scores it I'm usually following the whole play too much to recognize who got assists (easier to follow on TV).

Either way, he's definitely not skating has hard as I've seen him in the past, even if he's still putting points up that's got to be fixed. A lot of times he was getting too fancy and looking to pass it when he could have shot it and gotten a decent shot on net too. There was a play in the second where he did that, can't remember who he tried to pass to but when he got it off he flubbed the pass and nothing developed from it, while he was cutting left around a defender and should have just shot it in the slot.
He was better yesterday, than the prior games. He had a couple of nice shots yesterday

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
My defence for the Dan Carcillo "fake high stick"

NJ had just gotten 3 or 4 PPs in a row, pretty bogus ones, and he figured to take a page out of Scottie Upshall's playbook to try and get us a PP. I think it was part serious and part sarcastic/smartass reaction to the referees call of the game to that point. its funny i dont see anyone on the main board *****ing and crying about david clarkson taking an obvious dive in protest to a tripping call he picked up. Thought that deserved a 2 for unsportsmanlike more than Carcillo (who wasnt penalized but people are making it out to be more than what it is)

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by might2mash View Post
You may want to watch that play again, it was an Oscar-worthy performance...
I'll have to see if I find it on youtube, I didn't see the replay but saw it and from a couple hundred feed away across the rink it looked like a good performance...

Old
04-19-2010, 08:28 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
He was better yesterday, than the prior games. He had a couple of nice shots yesterday
Even so, I still don't see the hustle I'm used to seeing and expect out of Gagne, nor do I see the hustle that warrants his high salary.

Old
04-19-2010, 08:29 AM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:
I'll have to see if I find it on youtube, I didn't see the replay but saw it and from a couple hundred feed away across the rink it looked like a good performance...
Just go to the main -stanley cup - board. There's a whole thread on him being the biggest faker in the league.

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 08:31 AM
HoverCarle*

Man I forgot Coburn saved a goal on an early devils PP

Old
04-19-2010, 08:33 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post

NJ had just gotten 3 or 4 PPs in a row, pretty bogus ones, and he figured to take a page out of Scottie Upshall's playbook to try and get us a PP. I think it was part serious and part sarcastic/smartass reaction to the referees call of the game to that point. its funny i dont see anyone on the main board *****ing and crying about david clarkson taking an obvious dive in protest to a tripping call he picked up. Thought that deserved a 2 for unsportsmanlike more than Carcillo (who wasnt penalized but people are making it out to be more than what it is)
That I will disagree with. Refs wants to take control of the game early and were calling textbook penalties, after the first one the next 2 penalties were just stupid ones to take at that time. I thought that the 2 hooks (Richards and Timonen) were BS, they're still straight out of the rulebook of the new NHL.

Looking at the box score to remember them, I thought every call on the Flyers was a correct call by the refs. The 2nd period hook on Asham I thought was BS as he was falling down, and the slash on Carcillo, I couldn't even find it on the replay.

Old
04-19-2010, 08:34 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post
Just go to the main -stanley cup - board. There's a whole thread on him being the biggest faker in the league.
Any Rangers fan that posts there should be instantly banned from HFBoards (Sean Avery).

Old
04-19-2010, 08:38 AM
might2mash
Post-apocalyptic

Send a message via AIM to might2mash
Quote:
Man I forgot Coburn saved a goal on an early devils PP
That was an awesome play. He played much much better yesterday. Defense as a whole played very well, couple dumb plays but overall very strong, sound hockey. Good position, good gap control.

The one thing that annoyed me at certain points throughout the game was when the forwards didn't maintain any kind of spacing to spread the Devils' D out (mostly from the Carter line), but instead got clumped together and turned it over. That seemed to disappear in the third period. Giroux put on an offensive clinic, he could have had a 3 or 4 point night if Brodeur wasn't so good.

might2mash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 08:38 AM
HoverCarle*

Quote:
That I will disagree with. Refs wants to take control of the game early and were calling textbook penalties, after the first one the next 2 penalties were just stupid ones to take at that time. I thought that the 2 hooks (Richards and Timonen) were BS, they're still straight out of the rulebook of the new NHL.

Looking at the box score to remember them, I thought every call on the Flyers was a correct call by the refs. The 2nd period hook on Asham I thought was BS as he was falling down, and the slash on Carcillo, I couldn't even find it on the replay.
Timonen got called for hooking with 1 hand on his stick. BS

the trip on lappy was a dive

Richards hook was an okay call
Parent interference was a fine call
Asham hook was lame
Coburn interference was awful call, Zubrus only fell because he hit the side of the net
Betts Slash was legit
Carcillo slash was bull(he had one hand on tghe stick), but then they called the same thing on Neidermayer to make up for it

And Carcillo is one of the biggest divers(embellishers) in the league, and it is something he needs to correct

Old
04-19-2010, 08:56 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Timonen got called for hooking with 1 hand on his stick. BS

the trip on lappy was a dive

Richards hook was an okay call
Parent interference was a fine call
Asham hook was lame
Coburn interference was awful call, Zubrus only fell because he hit the side of the net
Betts Slash was legit
Carcillo slash was bull(he had one hand on tghe stick), but then they called the same thing on Neidermayer to make up for it

And Carcillo is one of the biggest divers(embellishers) in the league, and it is something he needs to correct
I've seen it happen all the time. He got the stick up and player closed his arm, holding the stick. You would think it would be holding the stick, but it's like catching him red-handed. I thought it was a correct call, Timonen shouldn't have his stick that high. Trip on lappy wasn't a dive but I thought embellished a bit, even though he looked like he was trying to keep his balance. He got his back skate knocked out while trying to step the other one forward, and couldn't keep his balance.

The one of Zubrus was the other one I thought sucked. Zubrus looked like he was trying to impersonate Superman to get a call, and it worked.

Old
04-19-2010, 08:56 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1412
Interesting article....

http://www.delcotimes.com/articles/2...A4AEgBUABqAmNh

Quote:
No wonder you don’t really hear them complaining about any of it.

“We can’t complain about the penalties they called on us, it’s up to us to do a better job,” Danny Briere said. “As long as they call it evenly on both sides, then it’s fine. In years past, I know they let it go a little bit more in the playoffs, but they have a mandate to make all those calls and they did. It’s our fault. We have to be careful.”

Perhaps with a little less cautious play from Briere’s second line, the Flyers wouldn’t have to lean so much on their superior special teams in this series.

But with Jeff Carter still recovering from a foot fracture and Scott Hartnell still not over his case of whatever the hell is wrong with him, the Flyers’ second line came up empty again on the scoreboard. Afterward, however, Briere wasn’t begging for help.
Quote:
“Our penalty killing did a great job again,” Pronger said. “And (Brian Boucher) did a great job in net. But we’re going to have to have a little sit-down tomorrow and rehash these rules that we have in the league right now. Not many of (the penalties) were of a physical nature. Just a lot of hooking, holding and tripping … so we’re going to have to address that.”

Other Flyers addressed that very issue, and surprise — they did so with guilty pleas.

“I don’t think it’s the referees’ fault, it’s the teams’ fault,” Laperriere said. “They told us before the year that they’re going to call it like this all year. You have to respect those referees. They did call it like they told us. It didn’t matter that it was the playoffs or overtime … they’re calling it for 65 minutes.”

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 09:02 AM
Hollywood Couturier

Gotta love it. I was at the game last night and had 4 devils fans in front of me. They didn't celebrate or anything just sat there. Also......they left at the end of the third. Absolutely awful.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 09:04 AM
HoverCarle*

Quote:
Scott Hartnell still not over his case of whatever the hell is wrong with him
haha

Old
04-19-2010, 09:07 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
Quote:
and Scott Hartnell still not over his case of whatever the hell is wrong with him,
After Hartnell's 2 on 1 where he passed it to Briere, he slammed his stick on the ice in frustration. The fans behind him on the bench got up and were talking to him, I'm hoping it was good things, it was a good attempt.

Old
04-19-2010, 09:24 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post

That's not out of anyone's playbook. He tried to get a call, for something that wasn't close, and didn't get it. It's not the first time he's ever done it, certainly won't be the last.

Which there's nothing wrong with. It's OK to fake, dive, and embellish. Just ask the NHL what they do about it.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 09:28 AM
Gert B Frobe

Claude Giroux is the man and should never, ever be traded. Snider should buy him a fat house in Stone Harbor and keep him in the organization until he's 75 years old.

If the Carter line can put in a couple goals this team will be a legit threat to come out of the east.

And Chris Pronger is the best defenseman in the NHL (with Weber a close 2nd)

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote