HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

European UFA's

Old
04-19-2010, 09:41 AM
decadentia

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Yeah I agree. I was talking more from the POV of before the playoffs or if Boosh craps the bed.

I would disagree. Esche isn't a superstar or anything, but he would be a formidable backup. I would trust him over Leighton and probably even Boucher.
While I respect your opinion, I think that is a bit of a hopeful assumption. Esche as is, is a unknown commodity for the NHL. Kicking his tires could very well result in them falling off.

decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 10:01 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
I don't know what the problem is with having two goaltenders who played in the NHL the previous season. Esche is toast. Move on.

If the Flyers win this series, to some chagrin and his credit, Boucher has earned his keep for next year.

Anyways some tidbits on Bobrovsky, looks like he's going to be part of the equation next year according to euroflyers:

Bobrovsky confirmed in Flyers' summer camp #Flyers #KHL #NHL #hockey #prospects

There's an agreement in place between the Flyers and Sergei Bobrovsky. He will report to Flyers training camp this summer.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 10:08 AM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
I don't know what the problem is with having two goaltenders who played in the NHL the previous season. Esche is toast. Move on.

If the Flyers win this series, to some chagrin and his credit, Boucher has earned his keep for next year.

Anyways some tidbits on Bobrovsky, looks like he's going to be part of the equation next year according to euroflyers:

There's an agreement in place between the Flyers and Sergei Bobrovsky. He will report to Flyers training camp this summer.
Great news on Bobrovsky, thanks.

The better Boosh plays, the more sure it is that he's coming back. I also think there's a good chance Homer re-ups Leighton and we start the year with Leighton and Boucher....

If not Leighton, then another UFA like Ellis or Turco as a stopgap until one of the kids is ready. I don't think they will make a huge deal for a younger goalie like Price if they don't need to.

The team is playing pretty well right now and Boosh is a big part of it. When we signed Emery, I thought Boosh was a good choice for backup - someone you could play in a playoff series if you had to. We did, and he's doing well.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 10:09 AM
Scoopyten

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post

Sweet, stole my thunder...

Scoopyten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 11:52 AM
fire bettman

The biggest problem with Esche might be that in his later days with the Flyers he played like mid season Boosh with a lobotomy or the biggest problem might be that he wants no part of the NHL nowadays, especially a higher pressure organization like the Flyers.. either way, no one should be hoping for an Robbie Esche comeback.

fire bettman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 05:00 PM
SWE

Juuso Hietanen is also a exciting player.

SWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 05:30 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnGoalie View Post
So a potential goalie prospect is a no no for Flyers? I could see some depth could definitely be welcomed in the goalie department.

I don't know too much of Rynnäs, but you certainly wouldn't get NHL ready goalie there, not even close yet. However, I think you could be looking a potential case of Pekka Rinne or Antti Niemi here. Have some patience, don't rush him and let him grow. Pretty good chance of having a capable guy in net after that.

I know this Gustavsson-like godly-hype is irritating, but putting that aside, there's multiple cases of finding great potential Euro goalies to play in NHL. Gamble pays off pretty often.

Edit: Rynnäs aside, there's some other potential guys I'd be looking from FEL too (not sure about their current situation of being a property of an other franchise though).

Pekka Tuokkola, JYP
Atte Engren, TPS
Teemu Lassila, HPK
Mika Noronen, HIFK
Iiro Tarkki, Blues
Harri Säteri, Tappara
Eero Kilpelainen, Ässät

FEL goalie stats
Sateri is Sharks' property.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 10:19 AM
jb**

what about former nhl players who may want to come back? Like Branko radio, Jagr, brendle ( wonder if he will ever give it a another go) and the like?

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 10:55 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Zherdev, Radulov

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 11:01 AM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Zherdev, Radulov
Zherdev is an interesting option. Wonder what his price tag would be?

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote