HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Metropolit could be back for Game #3 (Update: Metro IN, Sergei OUT)

Old
04-19-2010, 10:21 AM
Saint Patrick
2 rings in my hears

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedawg View Post
JM and his manhate on Sergei.. FFS

Darche is terrible.
This is starting to be pathetic, JM is really an idiot if he benched Sergei for anything less than an injury.

Saint Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 10:21 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Front Office View Post
Metro In
Sergei Out

Says Francois Gagnon on Twitter...

http://twitter.com/GagnonFrancois
If true, I told you I'm a better coach than Jacques ****in' Martin while in Montréal.

This place just makes everyone dumb as ****.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 10:22 AM
Bob Cole

rds has the story too now

What a joke...DArche over Sergei really?

Bob Cole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 10:23 AM
CaptainSak

********!!

Sorry, SK isssssssss way better and important than Darche.

CaptainSak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 10:32 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Potato View Post
Good News for us but only if he's at 100%. I guess Darche would be better at 100% than Metro at maybe 90%.
I doubt that. Darche's lack of skills and vision has been exposed in this series. Love the guy's character and heart but at some point you have to provide something more tangible to play in the NHL.

EDIT : Sergei out is very Martin like, but it's a disapointment (although I don't feel it's freak out worthy, Kostitsyn has been bailing out on plays all series to avoid contact, it doesn't seem like he wants it bad enough).

Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 10:35 AM
Thinkbig

Sergei OUT!

We need a dedicated thread for this cause I'm sure many are upset.

If you want to play against an offensive team like the caps, we need some offense too and I don't understand why we bench Sergei who did some nice dekes against the caps defencemen during the first 2 games.

Why not Pyatt or Darche instead? Also, A.Kost just scored 3 goals.. it can have a bad effect on him.

I hope he got benched because he is injured.. which I don't think he is by the way he is playing recently.

He has improved a lot and now he is benched

Thinkbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 10:35 AM
saints96

Darche did not have a good game and was directly responsible for the 5th goal and Martin might keep him in instead of SK? WTF is going??

saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen View Post
I doubt that. Darche's lack of skills and vision has been exposed in this series. Love the guy's character and heart but at some point you have to provide something more tangible to play in the NHL.

EDIT : Sergei out is very Martin like, but it's a disapointment (although I don't feel it's freak out worthy, Kostitsyn has been bailing out on plays all series to avoid contact, it doesn't seem like he wants it bad enough).
Agreed about Darche...his mistake last game was more glaring for me because that's exactly the type of play that he's supposed to make. That's why he's currently with the Habs IMO, to make those simple plays.

Oh well...I think too much is being made of this either way, whether Darche or SK are out. Neither has been a factor so far

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 10:37 AM
Dirty Danglez
Take it like a Man

Metro may be back?

Dirty Danglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 10:38 AM
Newhabfan

I remember Julien sitting Kessel during their series against us....

Anyway - it's probably something we don't know. Something like an open conflict or the coach asking a specific behavior in a situation and he refusing to do it. I somehow agree with JM - if you let him win next you lose all your team. And it's not like he scored 2 goals either.

Sergei can and will be back in this series. He's good and has game turning potential. But he needs to be broken. The league is full with talented players that fail because of discipline problems.

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 10:39 AM
Turboflex*

I didn't watch him too closely, but I would guess he was playing poorly in the Montreal zone?

When the habs give up 6 goals, it is up to the coaches to review where coverage broke down, I'm guessing little Sergei got busted for sloppy defence.

Sergei fanboys here need to step back and think about WHY he might've been pulled instead of just crying about it.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 10:40 AM
markov`

It's probably something inside the organization. SKost is in Martin's doghouse and something tells me it's not because of his play on the ice.

markov` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 10:40 AM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Agreed about Darche...his mistake last game was more glaring for me because that's exactly the type of play that he's supposed to make. That's why he's currently with the Habs IMO, to make those simple plays.

Oh well...I think too much is being made of this either way, whether Darche or SK are out. Neither has been a factor so far
Pretty much. Well into the third period Saturday, a friend asked me if Sergei was playing and I had to pause for a second before I could give an answer.

The discrepancy in play between Darche and Kostitsyn in this series isn't significant enough to make one being scratched over the other a bigger story than Metro returning.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 10:41 AM
Fire Brunet*

WTF????????????????????? Sergei out and Mathieu ****ing Darche still in????????

wtfimireading.jpeg

Fire Brunet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
Pretty much. Well into the third period Saturday, a friend asked me if Sergei was playing and I had to pause for a second before I could give an answer.

The discrepancy in play between Darche and Kostitsyn in this series isn't significant enough to make one being scratched over the other a bigger story than Metro returning.
Exactly...but its the Habs, so SK sitting HAS to be something bigger than it actually is

A bit off topic, but I was thinking the other day...when M-A Fleury showed up minutes before game 1 vs. the Sens last week, then proceeded to have a putrid game, can you imagine the **** storm it would of caused in Montreal had that been Carey Price?

Old
04-19-2010, 10:43 AM
Galchenyum
AGally+BGally

There's no way Sergei will want to re-sign with us. He hasn't even been playing badly lately either.

Galchenyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 10:44 AM
LouisJCloutier

Sergei as not been very good, but still better then Darche who had a lot of problem in his own zone.

But I'm not surprise, Martin doesn't like Sergei. Or, there's something I don't understand. But with need secondary scoring and I think that Sergei is playing a solid defensive game lately.

Anyway, good news to see Metro back. Could help the PP.

LouisJCloutier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 10:45 AM
Thinkbig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post
I didn't watch him too closely, but I would guess he was playing poorly in the Montreal zone?

When the habs give up 6 goals, it is up to the coaches to review where coverage broke down, I'm guessing little Sergei got busted for sloppy defence.

Sergei fanboys here need to step back and think about WHY he might've been pulled instead of just crying about it.
SO we're automatically considered Sergei fanboys cuz we argue about him being benched? If thats how u see thing, then I see you being a racist who hates russian players, like most of the french media..

The thing is that he's been playing prettttty good lately and has been treated pretty unfairly.. NO PP time.. and now benched?

The only reason why he got benched is because 1- he is injured 2- there's something going on btw Jacques Demers and Sergei

Obviously, Jacques is in LOVE with Pyatt (what r his stats? also his play is not impressive at all)... hated Latendress (said it publicly) and now, I believe, also hates Sergei... for some reason that I don't know.

Thinkbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rockomax

Quote:
Originally Posted by markov` View Post
It's probably something inside the organization. SKost is in Martin's doghouse and something tells me it's not because of his play on the ice.
Ok so Martin is putting his personal pride before the team's success? wow that's way better! It is not like it's the playoffs and that the most important thing is winning...oh wait Martin has very good playoffs record

Rockomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DeVries*

What Sergei did to keep his spot exactly?

DeVries* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GordonGraham

healthy scratch tonight, healthy scratch for the last game of the season, time to face the facts he is done in Montreal

GordonGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 10:46 AM
DeVries*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockomax View Post
Ok so Martin is putting his personal pride before the team's success? wow that's way better! It is not like it's the playoffs and that the most important thing is winning...oh wait Martin has very good playoffs record
So Sergei = team success?

Sometime I wonder what the **** are some people on here.

DeVries* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five Year Plan View Post
There's no way Sergei will want to re-sign with us. He hasn't even been playing badly lately either.
I didn't know he was a UFA

Would you guys relax!?!?!?!?

Old
04-19-2010, 10:49 AM
cap10bfl

Send a message via MSN to cap10bfl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Five Year Plan View Post
while i have always been a big supporter of the bros, we have to admit while not playing that bad, sergei hasnt done much either on the ice, i drather have lappy with moore and moen to play against ovie, but i would still rather see sergei on the 4th instead of darche...

must be a reason why like some have already mentioned

cap10bfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 10:49 AM
habaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by markov` View Post
If you actually watch the games, it's pretty simple and obvious. Sergei constantly refuses to pay a physical price to make plays that are of the utmost importance, specially in the playoffs. Chipping the puck out of the zone, getting to loose pucks along the boards first (how many times have we seen him let the defenseman get to the puck first), etc...These are plays that Darche generally makes and is what is needed from players on the 3rd and 4th lines.

Everyone, including myself can see how talented Sergei is with puck, he's got great vision, a good shot and he skates like the wind. His play without the puck however, is abysmal and when you get in the playoffs the latter is alot of the times more important, specially from 3rd and 4th liners. I have no problem with this decision and for those of you who think Martin is an idiot, you best check out games appropriatly, maybe most of you are too young to remember the last couple of stanley cup wins, but those teams were built with guys sacrificing their bodies to make plays....the "little things" as they are often referred to.

habaholic is offline   Reply With Quote