HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Metropolit could be back for Game #3 (Update: Metro IN, Sergei OUT)

Old
04-19-2010, 10:49 AM
Saint Patrick
2 rings in my hears

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by markov` View Post
It's probably something inside the organization. SKost is in Martin's doghouse and something tells me it's not because of his play on the ice.
He's been playing injured would be the logical reason. Giving him some rest. Because it doesnt matter what Darche vs SK is about, its about who brings what to the table.

Saint Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 10:49 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeVries View Post
What Sergei did to keep his spot exactly?
Didn't see the ice in the third period while a guy who backhanded the puck right up the middle of the ice causing the third goal ending up getting PP time. What has Darche done to keep his spot exactly?

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 10:50 AM
Thinkbig

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeVries View Post
So Sergei = team success?

Sometime I wonder what the **** are some people on here.
R u okay? do u know how to read? or understand when words r put together in a sentence?

Sergei helps more the team to win and scores more goals than Mathieu Darche which is more useless than Begin who atleast gave some good hits, was fast, younger and got NHL experience.

Thinkbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 10:50 AM
LouisJCloutier

However, maybe Sergei is not at 100%. I remember that he, his brother and Gomez, missed a pratice just before the playoff.

Maybe that's the real reason.

LouisJCloutier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 10:51 AM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Darche in? He gets that puck out and we're up 2-0... oh well.

gohabsgo2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 10:54 AM
xduckiex

Quote:
Originally Posted by habaholic View Post
If you actually watch the games, it's pretty simple and obvious. Sergei constantly refuses to pay a physical price to make plays that are of the utmost importance, specially in the playoffs. Chipping the puck out of the zone, getting to loose pucks along the boards first (how many times have we seen him let the defenseman get to the puck first), etc...These are plays that Darche generally makes and is what is needed from players on the 3rd and 4th lines.

Everyone, including myself can see how talented Sergei is with puck, he's got great vision, a good shot and he skates like the wind. His play without the puck however, is abysmal and when you get in the playoffs the latter is alot of the times more important, specially from 3rd and 4th liners. I have no problem with this decision and for those of you who think Martin is an idiot, you best check out games appropriatly, maybe most of you are too young to remember the last couple of stanley cup wins, but those teams were built with guys sacrificing their bodies to make plays....the "little things" as they are often referred to.
Great post.
I'm probably one of Sergei's biggest fans (like, almost to the level of Erika ) and you're bang on. A prime example is the game (the opponent escapes me) where instead of going into the corner to battle for the puck, Sergei slammed on the breaks and the other team went on to score an empty net goal.

xduckiex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 10:55 AM
Saint Patrick
2 rings in my hears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
Didn't see the ice in the third period while a guy who backhanded the puck right up the middle of the ice causing the third goal ending up getting PP time. What has Darche done to keep his spot exactly?
This.

Saint Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 10:58 AM
Habsfan18
The Future

Metro is a freaking warrior.

But seriously, Darche in over Sergei? Unless Sergei is hurt, I'd say it's obvious Martin still holds a grudge against him..

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 10:59 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

I will have 2 things to say about why Darche instead of SKost. Just for starters, I don't agree. But.....if SKost isn't 100%, the guy is already not the fastest, with an ankle or foot injury, he can't be faster.

And there's another thing that bothers me more with Sergei lately.....his hesitation to take hits. He's backing down more and more unless he is in a position to finish his checks. Then he goes full force at it. But if not....he'll back down and that bothers me. He lost a lot of battles and loose pucks with that attitude lately.

Add to that the fact that he didn't create anything lately and he gets the boot.

That's all what I'm seeing about it. And again, I repeat, I don't agree if it's more than an injury. I believe that while Sergei has been ordinairy, he has more in him to create something than Darche can. But Sergei isn't exactly stellar either.

But if the injury doesn't play a factor at all, I really hope Gauthier talks to SKost soon. Clearly SKost will be frustrated with Martin. He's not going to love playing for the guy that's for sure...

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Magic33

Regardless, I'm happy Metro is back in. Sergei, although not getting a lot of ice time, needs to give more. I routinely see him shying away from hits etc ... this is not to say that Darche has been good either, but at the end of the day, I would rather have a big body in the lineup. It would be interesting to know why Martin dislikes skost so much though.

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

vCash: 50
good news

99GoHabsGo99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 11:02 AM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Metro is a freaking warrior.

But seriously, Darche in over Sergei? Unless Sergei is hurt, I'd say it's obvious Martin still holds a grudge against him..
darche over sergei.. that is stupid..

99GoHabsGo99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 11:04 AM
shutehinside

I think it's a pretty easy decision to make imo.

I'm sooo tired of all the SK suppoerters bashing Jm for benching and not starting him in games. WTF has SK done to deserve being in the lineup? He doesn't take the body, he doesn't play with passion, he refuses to pay the physical price needed in playoff hockey and he doesn't contribute anything more then the occasional dangle and point here and there. In spite of scathing comments from some other SK supporters, my inital comments are as or even more relevant today then they were at the beginning of the season. He's a skilled player who's not playing with much skill or passion right now. Not to say he can't, he just isn't. So why put a skilled top 6 player in a bottom 6 role when there's other players (Darche) who are more then willing to sacrifice whatever they have to to help the team even though they are in fact far less talented.

At this point in the season, wanting to win and playing like it are far more important then playing a talented player. If you don't believe me, ask San Jose's coach how Joe Thornton, Marleau and Heatley's talent are helping his club against a far inferior Colorado team.

shutehinside is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 11:05 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GoHabsGo99 View Post
darche over sergei.. that is stupid..
I agree, but Darche has been more physical than Sergei as of late (for some reason), and you need a big hit to get the crowd going, so that could be why.

Either way, Martin is still dumb.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 11:07 AM
Tuggy

Why is there always such a big fuss over Sergei? He hasn't been that good this year and him being in or out of the lineup isn't going to make or break the team.

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 11:10 AM
sheed36

Happy that Metro's back in.... Unless Sergei is hurt keeping Darche in over him is just another one of Alf Martin's decisions that makes you scratch your head...

sheed36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

the only reason I see it's that Lapierre steal his spot on the 3rd line and Martin don't want him on the 4th line.

but will see what Darche-Metro-Pyatt can do

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Stradale

I hope Sergei is injured or something.

Guess we won't see plays like this:

Watch the scores.. hes kinda of a gamebreaker against the Caps.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Listen let me ask you a simple question, whose gonna compete more in the playoffs, a grizzled veteran who knows hes only got a few more seasons left in him or Sergei a young kid who knows he still has plenty of time left to get one its that simple for me, on top of that metro was a key contributor on the pp and ill be glad to have him back,

subbanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 11:12 AM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Why is there always such a big fuss over Sergei? He hasn't been that good this year and him being in or out of the lineup isn't going to make or break the team.
I aggree. Not sure it matters if he's in the press box.

You can see the puck battles better from the ice but if he's going to watch he may as well take a comfortable seat.

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 11:16 AM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Good news, less blind back passes = good.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 11:17 AM
PacoXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post
I didn't watch him too closely, but I would guess he was playing poorly in the Montreal zone?

When the habs give up 6 goals, it is up to the coaches to review where coverage broke down, I'm guessing little Sergei got busted for sloppy defence.

Sergei fanboys here need to step back and think about WHY he might've been pulled instead of just crying about it.
Well said. Even though it does bother me a bit that we have to sit down that much talent... your point is indeed VALID.

PacoXIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 11:18 AM
neofury*

Didn't JM himself say he even doesn't expect Metro back for another 4-6 weeks, and we're talking like 3-4 days ago he said this no?

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12jf54

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Good news, less blind back passes = good.
So Bergeron is sitting in the pressbox as well???

12jf54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
coolasprICE

Sorry, but Sergei does not know how to play playoff hockey

The guy is afraid to go in the corners

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote