HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Metropolit could be back for Game #3 (Update: Metro IN, Sergei OUT)

Old
04-19-2010, 11:59 AM
vokiel
Nothing blind

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Then we should have sign Chelios since he had so many hockey in him. Who cares who's better or more complete. As long as he has more hockey in him, he will be better right? Yeah big point you're making there.
No, Chelios no longer had any hockey in him and I believe some people thought he should retire. Stop positioning the argument on boundaries that you can easily argue with.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 12:01 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkbig View Post
There's a reason why Darche spent most of his time in the AHL.. there's also a reason why MAB isn't wanted from 29 GM's.

Only in Montreal!

Curieusement, ils sont tous deux Québécois
I'm confident that Darche will come back to redeem himself tonight and contribute in some gritty way (dirty goal, going into the corners). Ya, he made 1 bad play... but he's still bringing it which is more than what we can say for SK.

Unless Segei's profiting from a 2 on 1 due to a D-man who is caught pinching on a play, he is usually easy to knock off the puck 1 on 1 ... and if the puck goes into the corner - well forget it - he's a non factor.

Darche made a bad turnover - but don't you get the feeling that he wants it more than Sergei?

Darche > Sergei for playoff hockey

You don't win cups on just talent.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 12:06 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic33 View Post
Regardless, I'm happy Metro is back in. Sergei, although not getting a lot of ice time, needs to give more. I routinely see him shying away from hits etc ... this is not to say that Darche has been good either, but at the end of the day, I would rather have a big body in the lineup. It would be interesting to know why Martin dislikes skost so much though.
You kind of answered your own question there. Not paying the price to make plays, especially in the playoffs, will get you on the wrong side of any coach rather quickly.

Last edited by Munchausen: 04-19-2010 at 12:16 PM.
Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 12:09 PM
deandebean

The kid could be injured. He missed the optional practice again today. He must be injured. Because he, especially him, should know NOT to miss an optional when you're riding the pine most of the time. 2nd time he did that in less than a month.

Other thing: Darche did a bonehead play on the goal, but let's all remember that it was Sergei who started the comeback by giving away the puck in the neutral zone, afraid of a hit, instead of protecting the puck, making 2-3 more strides and dumping it in the O-zone. He's the one responsible for the second goal. And that's why JM benched for the rest of the game.

Kid's got mad skills, he's just a headcase. Unless he's injured.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 12:13 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
I'm confident that Darche will come back to redeem himself tonight and contribute in some gritty way (dirty goal, going into the corners). Ya, he made 1 bad play... but he's still bringing it which is more than what we can say for SK.

Unless Segei's profiting from a 2 on 1 due to a D-man who is caught pinching on a play, he is usually easy to knock off the puck 1 on 1 ... and if the puck goes into the corner - well forget it - he's a non factor.

Darche made a bad turnover - but don't you get the feeling that he wants it more than Sergei?

Darche made more than one bad play. His decision making has been poor to abysmal all series long. He often dives in desperation to get the puck out of the zone only to miss it and leaves himself completely out of position. His heart is at the right place, but he's not talented enough to play in this league on a regular basis.

As far as I'm concerned, both he and Sergei have deserved a scratch, but for very different reasons. I say scratch both of them, bring back Bergeron up front and bring in O'Byrne.

Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 12:13 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
if some of you think that darche or sergei are the difference between winning and losing, were in some major trouble.
This is exactly why JM should have dressed Sergei instead of Darche because he has more assets to make this team win than Darche and actually Sergei did show us that this season against the Caps.

Right here (listen to the commentary at the end):

Sergei was named the first star of the game. In a game where Bruce Laich had a hat-trick. So basically, Sergei outplayed OV, Backstrom, Semin, Gionta, Gomez, Plekanec, Markov etc..

So let's say Sergei and Darche are at the same point defensively with both struggling in the last game, which one, offensively, has the potential to be the game breaker. At 100% healthy, Sergei is way ahead of Darche in every category. So I guess Sergei is injured or something.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 12:18 PM
Nedved

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post

it's skost's play away from the puck which makes him so effective. his ability to read what is happening away from him and reading what players are going doing to do. All game I was mad with sergei's soft play in corners and when he had the puck. when he doesn't have the puck though, is where he shines. he seems to always be in the right spots on the ice and nothing ever really seems to develop for the other team when he's on the ice. on top of that, when he has it going with the puck, he makes the players around him better. something that darche cannot do.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 12:26 PM
jcpenny

I wish Sergei would be in the line up but he just doesnt deserve it right now. True, Darche panicked on that Ovechkin goal but at least hes playing his heart out outhere and hes puts his body on the line on every shift. In the NHL playoffs, skill doent get you anywhere if your not willing to give it your all on every play. Sergei didnt elevate his play so he got what he deserved.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 12:31 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
What? When are you going to grow up?

JM is choosing #1 experience, #2 PP cannon.
You do realize S.Kost has not only more Regular Season experience than Darche but also in the POs. Darche had not played in one PO game before this year..

Agree with Bergeron though, unless someone can be as big a threat as he is on the Point, we don't have the luxury of scratching him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icerocket View Post
Yes those Sergei blind passes always work...
At least they're in the offensive zone, and sometimes they do work.
Darche made a giveaway that turned into Ovechkin scoring at the beginning of the 3rd. Not only was his giveaway bad, but his idea of countering it was to slide and he completely mistimed it and was easily deked.
Back to back poor decisions that caused a goal.

Like I said though, I'm sure Sergei is playing injured.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 12:34 PM
Erik Estrada

I wouldn't have taken Sergei out. Whatever... As long as we ice a lineup that ends up winning.

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 12:35 PM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

i wonder what JM's doghouse looks like now that SK has had about 7 months. i'm sure he's redecorated, wallpaper, HDTV, minibar, the works...it's probably pretty sweet in there by now.

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 12:35 PM
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
He needs to blast the damn puck and stop thinking he's the QB. He worked out well when markov was out cuz we had 1 qb, and it was him. Now that markov is back, he needs to take the back seat like a good little boy and let the big boys do most of the work.
agreed. shoot the ****ing puck. Who would have thought his defensive game would be better than his offensive one

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 12:38 PM
Nedved

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny View Post
I wish Sergei would be in the line up but he just doesnt deserve it right now. True, Darche panicked on that Ovechkin goal but at least hes playing his heart out outhere and hes puts his body on the line on every shift. In the NHL playoffs, skill doent get you anywhere if your not willing to give it your all on every play. Sergei didnt elevate his play so he got what he deserved.

sure, he is playing his "heart" out, but that doesn't make him more effective than skost. it was like watching komi last year, the guy tried to play his heart out and he just kept making bad decision after bad decision.

I just think skost is hurt, i hope thats the reason anyways.

Old
04-19-2010, 12:42 PM
FuriousBob

I prefer seeing S.Kost in the line up and in fact I am very surprised to see Darche still in. S.Kost didn't play bad for this series, everybody is critiquing is play on the second play but errors in hockey happens all the time, ask ovechkin in game 1 or Markov on Fehr Breakaway...

S.Kost is better than Darche offensively AND defensively, the only thing Darche has more than S.Kost is JM Favor + big heart. The problem for Darche is that he is never in the play because he just can't read the play + he is slow.

FuriousBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 12:43 PM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
This is exactly why JM should have dressed Sergei instead of Darche because he has more assets to make this team win than Darche and actually Sergei did show us that this season against the Caps.

Right here (listen to the commentary at the end):

Sergei was named the first star of the game. In a game where Bruce Laich had a hat-trick. So basically, Sergei outplayed OV, Backstrom, Semin, Gionta, Gomez, Plekanec, Markov etc..

So let's say Sergei and Darche are at the same point defensively with both struggling in the last game, which one, offensively, has the potential to be the game breaker. At 100% healthy, Sergei is way ahead of Darche in every category. So I guess Sergei is injured or something.
Or like a smart coach he knows the third line needs to physically dominate the other team at some point in order to get some sort of advantage. Darche is know just as much for his defense, the only thing he has on Darche is offense, Regardless, JM makes the decisions not you so respect them and cheer regardless. I like our big bottom two lines

subbanged is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 12:52 PM
Nedved

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACCIDENT View Post
Or like a smart coach he knows the third line needs to physically dominate the other team at some point in order to get some sort of advantage. Darche is know just as much for his defense, the only thing he has on Darche is offense, Regardless, JM makes the decisions not you so respect them and cheer regardless. I like our big bottom two lines
lol. and ovy and backstrom had such a hard time against those big bottom lines. they were so physically dominate out there.

Old
04-19-2010, 12:55 PM
vokiel
Nothing blind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
You do realize S.Kost has not only more Regular Season experience than Darche but also in the POs. Darche had not played in one PO game before this year..

Agree with Bergeron though, unless someone can be as big a threat as he is on the Point, we don't have the luxury of scratching him.
Hockey experience isn't limited to the NHL or just the playoffs for that matter. I'm pretty sure when JM is asked by the press and he will be asked, the answer that will come out is Darche's hockey experience is more developed than Sergei's.

If not then Another possibility that I see, is the fact that Darche crashes the net on the a regular basis, something that Sergei does not bring on any day as it's not his play style.

Old
04-19-2010, 12:59 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Darche out please, leave sergeii, christ.. Why isn't Obyrne playing?

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 01:01 PM
Erik Estrada

Moen-Metro-Moore
Darche-Lapierre-Pyatt

My concerns are that you're slowing down the 3rd line by adding our slowest offensive player. Metropolit is brutal scoring at Even Strength. That line will have two natural centers. Slower, less offensive line.

Old
04-19-2010, 01:03 PM
CuteHockeyBunny

Sergei has incredible vision. His passing style is high risk/high reward that only works when he's paired up with good players, such as his brother. Moen's brain isn't wired to work with Sergei's passes and vice-versa.

If Sergei could be a bit more consistent, (He's plenty gritty. I've seen him take monster hist to make a play this season.) he could be one of the better play-makers in the NHL. But of course, he won't be because Moen and Moore are his line-mates. (Nothing against those 2.)

CuteHockeyBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 01:12 PM
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
Moen-Metro-Moore
Darche-Lapierre-Pyatt

My concerns are that you're slowing down the 3rd line by adding our slowest offensive player. Metropolit is brutal scoring at Even Strength. That line will have two natural centers. Slower, less offensive line.
I expect Metropolit on 4th:

3. Moen – Moore – Lapierre
(Moore is our only C with a FO% > 50%; Plekanec, Gomez, Lapierre, thus far in the playoffs, suck in the face-off circle... though I did notice that WAS' centers are cheating a lot!)

4. Pyatt - Metropolit - Darche

--------

To all Sergei’s fans:

I was also expecting "Darche out" but Sergei did shy away from hits/heavy circulation on numerous occasions during the first two games so it’s not really a big surprise.

Last edited by Kjell Dahlin: 04-19-2010 at 01:19 PM.
Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 01:13 PM
vokiel
Nothing blind

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteHockeyBunny View Post
Sergei has incredible vision. His passing style is high risk/high reward that only works when he's paired up with good players, such as his brother. Moen's brain isn't wired to work with Sergei's passes and vice-versa.

If Sergei could be a bit more consistent, (He's plenty gritty. I've seen him take monster hist to make a play this season.) he could be one of the better play-makers in the NHL. But of course, he won't be because Moen and Moore are his line-mates. (Nothing against those 2.)
Sergei's passes right now are far from being any close to be based on incredible vision. It's blind this, blind that, don't care about who I'm playing with as long as the pass looks good. That is an issue, not a quality and you can be sure that's one thing the staff is telling Sergei as he's sitting for this 3rd game.

A good passer doesn't have a "pass style", he reaches his targets regardless and sometimes Sergei does, but not right now. He seems more interested in flashing, which is a rookie mistake.

Old
04-19-2010, 01:15 PM
Magic33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen View Post
You kind of answered your own question there. Not paying the price to make plays, especially in the playoffs, will get you on the wrong side of any coach rather quickly.
I'm sure that most of the reason he is in JM's doghouse is play related, but I feel as though there is more to the equation here. But you are right, he doesn't pay the price at all.

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 01:18 PM
Erik Estrada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
I expect Metropolit on 4th:

Moen – Moore – Lapierre (Moore is our only C with a FO% > 50%; the rest, all of them, sucks)
Pyatt - Metropolit - Darche

--------

I hope that's what JM does. It's a much better idea to hide Metropolit on the 4th line where he doesn't get big ES minutes. We need a speedy third line vs Washington.

PS: I took the lines from the GDT

Old
04-19-2010, 01:30 PM
macavoy

I hate it when I make a post and I know its right and everyone completely ignores it. People are arguing in circles here for no reason. A poster already made the most sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
The kid could be injured. He missed the optional practice again today. He must be injured. Because he, especially him, should know NOT to miss an optional when you're riding the pine most of the time. 2nd time he did that in less than a month.
Everyone arguing since are arguing not because of logic but because they want to be right, or they have feelings for a player. Oh I like him, so lets play him.

Guess what

SERGEI KOSTITSYN HAS A NAGGING INJURY.

Why else would he miss practice today? Why else would he have missed the last game of the year? He missed 2 games in April because of it.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/can...wjNSjvUebyGZZQ

Stop thinking the coach sucks because your not as informed as he is. He didn't practice today.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote