HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Metropolit could be back for Game #3 (Update: Metro IN, Sergei OUT)

Old
04-19-2010, 01:42 PM
neofury*

vCash: 500
Again, could've sworn when people said he was skating with the team that JM specifically said he was weeks away from being ready......

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 01:43 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
I hate it when I make a post and I know its right and everyone completely ignores it. People are arguing in circles here for no reason. A poster already made the most sense

Everyone arguing since are arguing not because of logic but because they want to be right, or they have feelings for a player. Oh I like him, so lets play him.

Guess what

SERGEI KOSTITSYN HAS A NAGGING INJURY.

Why else would he miss practice today? Why else would he have missed the last game of the year? He missed 2 games in April because of it.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/can...wjNSjvUebyGZZQ

Stop thinking the coach sucks because your not as informed as he is. He didn't practice today.

Thanks, /thread.

Old
04-19-2010, 01:44 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

If SKost was not at practice he is certainly injured.

Metro is undeniably a solid addition.

Good move.

Go Habs

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 01:44 PM
Erika

Anything other than an Injury is dumb from Jacques Martin... What has Travis Moen, Mathieu Darche, Tom Pyatt, or Maxime Lapierre has done better than Sergei to deserves a spot ?!?

Knowing the guy's history... I'm not surprise though.... This team doesn't deserve Sergei. It is clear in my mind now that this kid will never flourish here in Montreal. The same goes for Andrei Kostitsyn.

Let's trade him before he still holds some values... For his own good and for his career, Montreal shouldn't be an option for the brothers anymore. This team doesn't know how to develop pure offensive players, it's getting pathetic !!

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 01:55 PM
guest1467

Having Metro back is really going to help that second line.

Moen-Moore-Metropolit, oh baby, I think they are going to have a good game.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 01:55 PM
kostitsyn1489

The only reason he wouldnt play is if he's hurt and I guess not showing up at optional practice means that. Thing is Metropolit may not be in better shape then Sergei is.

I feel like there's no player suited to play on that line more then Sergei, injured or not. I just hate 3rd lines when they have no player that can have the puck on their stick more then 2 seconds. That's a 4th line for me more then a 3rd line. I hated Lapierre on that line and Metropolit would prolly be a worse fit.

We need Sergei in the playoff, someone needs to sit with him and remind him what he does great and what he needs to work on. His defensive game is key to go far in the playoff and his vision as well. Just sometimes he looks like a guy that needs to be told a bit what to do, but every team has these guys you just need to take time with them to make sure they understand their role and stuff.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 02:34 PM
PunkinDrublic*

I also heard that S Kosty has had an injury that's bothered him for a while now, if he can't play in the top 6, i don't think he will ever be effective in the NHL.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 02:42 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
I also heard that S Kosty has had an injury that's bothered him for a while now, if he can't play in the top 6, i don't think he will ever be effective in the NHL.
I wouldn't be surprised if Sergei is injured. He doesn't have the same jump to his game that he had say 10 games ago. Whichever way you cut it, everyone on the Habs has played well in the last 2 games. If you take out the one guy that is still fighting a nagging injury, then so be it. Nobody deserved to be benched, pure and simple.

That said, i find it hard to believe that Metropolit is 100% fit. Didn't he have a separated shoulder and was supposed to be out for 6-8 weeks? I just hope that he's playing because he's healthy, and not because we really need a boost in the lineup..

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 02:47 PM
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Trunitsyn View Post
Anything other than an Injury is dumb from Jacques Martin... What has Travis Moen, Mathieu Darche, Tom Pyatt, or Maxime Lapierre has done better than Sergei to deserves a spot ?!?

Knowing the guy's history... I'm not surprise though.... This team doesn't deserve Sergei. It is clear in my mind now that this kid will never flourish here in Montreal. The same goes for Andrei Kostitsyn.

Let's trade him before he still holds some values... For his own good and for his career, Montreal shouldn't be an option for the brothers anymore. This team doesn't know how to develop pure offensive players, it's getting pathetic !!

Hi Erika Trunitsyn. It’s the first time that I have the "privilege" (you are a hfboards pillar! Kudos btw ) to reply and disagree with you.

I know that you like Sergei, so allow me to be clear: two and a half years ago, Sergei’s play amazed me. Heck… I even compared him to Mark Recchi!

That being mentioned, since then I saw zero progression in his play.

I was expecting "Darche out" but Sergei did shy away from hits/heavy circulation on numerous occasions during the first two games so it’s not really a big surprise.

Did you notice him shying away from hits?

Last edited by Kjell Dahlin: 04-19-2010 at 03:53 PM.
Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 03:01 PM
neofury*

Quote:

Yes, we need more experts like you to come in and help develop these players.

Old
04-19-2010, 03:06 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
If sergei is injured, then fine, let him sit out. I didn't think he played badly by any means, but if it's for a long term solution(him coming back in full health) why argue it?

LyricalLyricist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 03:10 PM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Yes, we need more experts like you to come in and help develop these players.
Remember the movie Youngblood, she could play the role of Miss Mcgill.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 03:41 PM
Rockomax

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeVries* View Post
So Sergei = team success?

Sometime I wonder what the **** are some people on here.
Way to misunderstand what I said and to put words in my mouth...I have nothing against the fact that Sergei is out for the game as long as the motives are right...I only meant that the coach shoul hold back his personal grudges and put the better players available on the ice whoever they may be.

Rockomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 03:48 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post

Did you notice him shying away from hits?
Excellent question, I'm waiting for an answer.

Oh wait, I think I know the answer: He's injured, so he's avoiding contact.

I just have one question:

Will Metropolit shy away from contact in the corners tonight?

Something tells me Sergei is in a better state of health than Metropolit.

And something tells me that Metropolit will play with more edge than Sergei.

Play like an unproductive girl in 2 consecutive playoff games = scratch

I have no problem with this rule.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 04:07 PM
kostitsyn1489

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Excellent question, I'm waiting for an answer.

Oh wait, I think I know the answer: He's injured, so he's avoiding contact.

I just have one question:

Will Metropolit shy away from contact in the corners tonight?

Something tells me Sergei is in a better state of health than Metropolit.

And something tells me that Metropolit will play with more edge than Sergei.

Play like an unproductive girl in 2 consecutive playoff games = scratch

I have no problem with this rule.

Difference is Metropolit could play on one leg both eyes closed and a mini stick and he would have more chance to play on the PP then Sergei hence being more productive in the process.

Old
04-19-2010, 04:15 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
Difference is Metropolit could play on one leg both eyes closed and a mini stick and he would have more chance to play on the PP then Sergei hence being more productive in the process.
Well considering Metro has the most PP goals on the team, AND SHOOTS RIGHT, I think thats pretty fair.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 04:19 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Hockey experience isn't limited to the NHL or just the playoffs for that matter. I'm pretty sure when JM is asked by the press and he will be asked, the answer that will come out is Darche's hockey experience is more developed than Sergei's.

If not then Another possibility that I see, is the fact that Darche crashes the net on the a regular basis, something that Sergei does not bring on any day as it's not his play style.
Yes, when you play in the NHL, AHL experience matters very little.
Experience is completely irrelevant if you're not good enough to keep a NHL job. I'm also much more content living with the mistakes of a youngster with talent learning then the ones of a career AHL veteran.

Darche crashes the net...nice, you've identified pretty much the ONLY thing he can do in the offensive zone. Terrific.

Hey, maybe it's because Darche has 5shots on net and Sergei only 3. Matter of fact, A.Ko and Pouliot lead the team with 7 shots each but they have twice as much ice time as Darche!!..I think we should make Darche play 18-20min that way we'll have more shots on net.

I don't understand the love this guy has been having. He really has 0 impact on our team and is easily replaceable. Actually, he did have an impact last game but for the wrong reason that we all know.
He's been a decent 4th liner for the most part of his games play with us, but nothing any other 4th liner couldn't do.
Sergei is not a 4th liner. When healthy, Sergei makes the 3rd line a dangerous one. Ever since he got checked, looked awkward and was talks of a possible injury, his play has dropped and his line looks weaker. Darche doesn't come close to having this impact.

Sergei is injured and that's why he's out. Simple and Clear.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 04:24 PM
kostitsyn1489

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Well considering Metro has the most PP goals on the team, AND SHOOTS RIGHT, I think thats pretty fair.
I'm fine with him playing, mostly think it's stupid that Sergei can't ever play PP no matter what, like him versus a guy with only one leg both eyes closed and a mini stick would play ahead of him.

Old
04-19-2010, 05:16 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

Is your head buried that far in the sand? SK is not willing to pay the price and play physical and those guys are. In the playoffs it's not enough just to be a guy taht lit it up in the OHL ~cough~ joe Thornton ~cough~, you have to actually show up and compete.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote