HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

agreement in place between the Flyers and Sergei Bobrovsky

Old
04-19-2010, 08:28 PM
Terence Peterman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Oh he will. However, what worries me is the fact that Idiot Stick is the coach in the AHL and he has a history of ruining young players and top prospects. Honestly, the Flyers need to re-evaluate the direction in Adirondack and fire that jackass who's the coach there. I don't want him ruining Bobrovsky or any more young players.
I love your follow through in keeping with Idiot Stick as the closest thing the guy gets to a name.

Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 08:28 PM
decadentia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSaq View Post
The good news is, Jaroslav Halak's price tag just dropped further.
Doubt it, they determine the price.

decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 08:35 PM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by decadentia View Post
Doubt it, they determine the price.
I'm not saying the Bobrovsky signing has significant effect, but, unless Montreal is dense, the market determines the price.

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 08:56 PM
decadentia

Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
I'm not saying the Bobrovsky signing has significant effect, but, unless Montreal is dense, the market determines the price.
Think of it this way, before the playoffs started would we think Halak could be had at a bargain if he didn't perform great in the playoffs? No

There seems to be a false sense of security around here lately regarding goaltending. Let's not forget we barely squeeked into the playoffs with our current situation (regardless of injuries, they happen).

I think it would be a bit optimistic to assume they are at a disadvantage because he's having a bad playoff series thus far. On the flipside, our goaltending situation is not fixed with who we have in the organization (barring a miracle). The market is there, and we're going to be buying. On top of that, they know it.

Unless of course Boucher over-performing in the playoffs, and the signing of an unknown commodity solidifies or changes anything?

Last edited by decadentia: 04-19-2010 at 09:03 PM.
Old
04-19-2010, 09:02 PM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
Think of it this way, before the playoffs started would we think Halak could be had at a bargain if he didn't perform great in the playoffs? No

There seems to be a false sense of security around here lately regarding goaltending. Let's not forget we barely squeeked into the playoffs with our current situation (regardless of injuries, they happen).

I think it would be a bit optimistic to assume they are at a disadvantage because he's having a bad playoff series thus far. On the flipside, our goaltending situation is not fixed with who we have in the organzation (barring a miracle). The market is there, and we're going to be buying. On top of that, they know it.

Unless of course Boucher over-performing in the playoffs, and the signing of an unknown commodity solidifies or changes anything?

I basically agree with these facts, I just don't think that Montreal gets to determine the price of assets it ought to move (read: one of Price or Halak).

That said I don't think this signing changes the market at all.

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 09:58 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
I love your follow through in keeping with Idiot Stick as the closest thing the guy gets to a name.
lol....well, I said that I would no longer address the Adirondack Phantoms coach by his given name and that I will only refer to him as Idiot Stick from here on in and I stand by that.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 10:28 PM
Scoopyten

Quote:
I basically agree with these facts, I just don't think that Montreal gets to determine the price of assets it ought to move (read: one of Price or Halak).

I was actually referring to Halak getting yanked tonight

Scoopyten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 05:17 AM
tuckrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimiFerrari View Post
Even if Emery can play again why would you risk it and sign him?

He might be able to work himself back, but that kinda of condition sounds risky, and we don't want to end up with the same fiasco of this year.
wouldnt count on our salary if he couldnt play, also we could ease him into the AHL before anything

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 05:37 AM
BringBackStevens

Quote:

I think it would be a bit optimistic to assume they are at a disadvantage because he's having a bad playoff series thus far. On the flipside, our goaltending situation is not fixed with who we have in the organization (barring a miracle). The market is there, and we're going to be buying. On top of that, they know it.

After the playoffs are over, we very well might be correct in assessing that going for one of the two MTL goalies isn't the correct course of action

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 07:59 AM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
wouldnt count on our salary if he couldnt play, also we could ease him into the AHL before anything
I just don't want him anywhere near the starting goalie position. He doesn't count towards our salary now, and before the playoffs we were in a free fall.

If you wanna sign him to play the AHL, so he can play himself into shape and test his endurance, sure. But Emery should not distract us from getting an actual starting goalie this off season.

KimiFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 08:21 AM
Foreverinour

@euroflyers To be precise, Bobrovsky stands at 6'2" and 192 lbs these days

Foreverinour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 09:49 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimiFerrari View Post
I just don't want him anywhere near the starting goalie position. He doesn't count towards our salary now, and before the playoffs we were in a free fall.

If you wanna sign him to play the AHL, so he can play himself into shape and test his endurance, sure. But Emery should not distract us from getting an actual starting goalie this off season.
Emery has like a 6 month recovering. there is no way he is even healthy to start camp, so I doubt Holmgren is THAT dumb

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 10:38 AM
captainpaxil

Quote:

i think alot of halaks percieved value was flyer fans in a panic over losing two goalies and being prepared to bend over because of it. he was a bargain at a 2nd rounder but after his value inflated he wasnt really a serious option. the market is tilted towards us and they know that as well.

i prefer to think that boosh was underperforming during the regular season.

and we havent signed him yet. we wont know if hes nhl ready til they bring him into camp and get a good look at him but this in combination with the next few mos could change alot

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 11:04 AM
PF

Is anyone aware if Bobrovsky speaks English out of curiosity?

PF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 11:07 AM
Jester

Quote:

Yes and no. The market determines the price, but Montreal determines the price it is willing to accept this summer. They are perfectly capable of saying "screw you" to the market and taking both on their roster into next season.

And, honestly, I think they probably should if they can't get a good deal because of the relative position of Halak and Price on the team and the potential of Price making that a bit of a conundrum.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 11:15 AM
decadentia

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inebriator View Post
After the playoffs are over, we very well might be correct in assessing that going for one of the two MTL goalies isn't the correct course of action
Wouldn't argue that. I think the price will still be more steep than were willing to pay. That said, i'd love either of them on this team. Perhaps not very realistic however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpaxil View Post
i think alot of halaks percieved value was flyer fans in a panic over losing two goalies and being prepared to bend over because of it. he was a bargain at a 2nd rounder but after his value inflated he wasnt really a serious option. the market is tilted towards us and they know that as well.

i prefer to think that boosh was underperforming during the regular season.

and we havent signed him yet. we wont know if hes nhl ready til they bring him into camp and get a good look at him but this in combination with the next few mos could change alot
I'd prefer we go into next season with a true #1. Throwing **** at the wall has proven to be disadvantageous. Unless Halak continues to plummet in this series, I doubt Montreal will be giving him away at a reasonable price. This all is interesting however, creates a new dynamic to that series for us Flyers fans (albeit unlikely, entertaining nonetheless)

Every GM/Franchise will act differently in trade discussion, some would be more likely to bow down to the market. Some GMs are downright frugal with their prospects/negotiations, some sell the farm. Take for instance Homer upselling himself supposedly for Pronger. He was allegedly the sole bidder in that price range, yet he continued to bid higher (before even hearing a response to the first offer I might add)

Last edited by decadentia: 04-20-2010 at 11:23 AM.
Old
04-20-2010, 11:20 AM
bennysflyers16

vCash: 50
We can throw a 3 mill offer sheet at one of the habs goalies, if we get them fine, if not , move on ! They can't pay both of them 3 Mill !

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 11:26 AM
rayearth

And use what 1st round pick?

rayearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 11:38 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayearth View Post
And use what 1st round pick?
The next one we have, which is 2011. That's the one they would want anyone since the 2010 draft happens BEFORE free agency.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 11:41 AM
bennysflyers16

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
The next one we have, which is 2011. That's the one they would want anyone since the 2010 draft happens BEFORE free agency.
3 mill would be a 1st and a 3rd( right ), and I think we have both those picks ???

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 11:55 AM
rayearth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
I think I was thinking we didn't have the next 2 years' firsts. Either way, don't think I'd do it.

rayearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 12:02 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayearth View Post
I think I was thinking we didn't have the next 2 years' firsts. Either way, don't think I'd do it.
Flyers traded last years and this years first for Pronger. (As well as Sbisa, who was our '08 first.) Oh, that that cool but way overpaid Lupul guy.

I wouldn't do the trade either. We could do with KEEPING cheap players at this point.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 12:22 PM
captainpaxil

Quote:

I'd prefer we go into next season with a true #1. Throwing **** at the wall has proven to be disadvantageous. Unless Halak continues to plummet in this series, I doubt Montreal will be giving him away at a reasonable price. This all is interesting however, creates a new dynamic to that series for us Flyers fans (albeit unlikely, entertaining nonetheless)

Every GM/Franchise will act differently in trade discussion, some would be more likely to bow down to the market. Some GMs are downright frugal with their prospects/negotiations, some sell the farm. Take for instance Homer upselling himself supposedly for Pronger. He was allegedly the sole bidder in that price range, yet he continued to bid higher (before even hearing a response to the first offer I might add)
theres certain things you just dont say this time of year especially on game day. but if you go back to last summer i said i was confident going into the playoffs with brian boucher as my starting goaltender thats why i was okay with the emery signing. i thought there was a risk hed blow up on us though he wound up not finishing the season for a completely different reason. id feel the same way if they go with a younger guy for next season. an almost there kid with some serious potential which is what im hearing about bobrovski. corey schneider is another name id be okay with given the same situation. rynnas and scrivens i think are probably further away and would necessitate bringing in another veteran. though in any case an emergency plan c is definitely in order.

what worries me about not having bobo signed is that while holmgren jumped early on emery last year he may be waiting til mid summer to decide to bring somebody in or go with bobrovski. i just dont think the kids gonna take a two way deal which means someone else is gonna have to and you wont find a legit starter thats gonna do that

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 12:26 PM
decadentia

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpaxil View Post
theres certain things you just dont say this time of year especially on game day.
Fair enough, here's hoping it sticks for the time being

Old
04-20-2010, 12:43 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

I pretty much saw this coming with the decline of the KHL, and all the rumors floating around Bobrovsky. He was our guy. We wanted him more than Rynnas and Scrivens.

I expected more to be heard by May when he was available to be had.

While I wouldn't be surprised to see us get Scrivens into the system now as well, I can't see us playing hard on Rynnas anymore.

It's been pretty much set in stone for a couple months that Bobrovsky and Popov would be coming here.

By the way. We're going to absolutely love this kid.

I'll go looking for the videos of his saves from this past year. I know I posted them on the prospects thread.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote