HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Would you support replacement players?

View Poll Results: Would you support replacement players?
Yes - if tickets are cheap 3 9.68%
Yes - if it means the union will break 6 19.35%
Yes - if tickets are cheap and it means the union will break 17 54.84%
No - the owners were never true partners in brokering a deal 3 9.68%
No - replacement players suck......I would rather use my money elsewhere 2 6.45%
No - hockey is all but dead to me now 0 0%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2005, 08:32 AM
Drury77

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Drury77 Send a message via Yahoo to Drury77 Send a message via Skype™ to Drury77
I couldn't support "SCABS"!

The NHL is just as much to blame as the Union is. Everyone is still nailing the players to the wall for not taking a deal that they didn't feel was good for them and the game. But I'm sorry the players made big concessions, and did back off of certain stances to try and get a deal no matter at what point those decisions were made.

Bettman shoulda made a drop dead date sooner, and been willing to negotiate more than he showed prior to the cancelling of the season.

I am not in favor of either side in this matter, cuz I think that what they are fighting over is extremely trivial. I mean they are millionaires and multi-millionaires fighting over millions of dollars they aren't going to have. They are fighting over the money we spend on them and yet what do we really get in return.

Old
02-22-2005, 08:38 AM
Drury77

Send a message via AIM to Drury77 Send a message via Yahoo to Drury77 Send a message via Skype™ to Drury77
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb
Don't have the figures in front of me, but don't you have a tough time supporting NHL players? Your attendence is not that great.

You know JB, you don't have a clue as many don't about the Nashville market or it's fans. Everyone wants to say that cuz Nashville isn't a traditional market that the fans aren't "real" or "diehards". I for one, being someone who is from an Orig. Six city and having lived in Nashville, can say that there have been many times that the Preds, have had better support than the Bruins and I bleed black and gold firstmost.

Ppl who dont' really know what the Nashville area or it's fans are about, need to shut their traps. Preds fans are just as committed and passionate as almost any other team.

that is the end of my

PPL are blinded by the American media and other cities feeling that they own the sport, it's just as much our cities sport as it is Canada's game.

Old
02-22-2005, 09:18 AM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by predperson
OK....9"....since when do you
a) have standards?
b) have principles?

I think you have kidnapped the 9" we all know and love.

I've been taken advantage of...no wait I mean kidnapped!!!!

:lol

Old
02-22-2005, 10:40 AM
hillbilly

Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
I'm not a supporter of many unions especially one filled with *****y millionaires. Whatever it takes to break them, I don't really care

Old
02-22-2005, 10:42 AM
Robertsson 4-ever

Send a message via ICQ to Robertsson 4-ever
Quote:
Originally Posted by quartermaster29
As I understand it, robertsson 4ever, "replacement players" means open camps in the cities, meaning you and I can try out. But it also is hindered by US and Canadian labor laws: foreigners not allowed. So no Euros, and only Canadians in Canada and Americans in the US.

Now, there may be a "special circumstance" not talked about yet, specifically dealing with a 'company' that is based in Canada and the US. Meaning there may be a stipulation I have not heard of that allows Canadians to play in the US and vice versa because the company as a whole has divisions in Canada and the US.

Hope this helps answer your question.
Hmm, If I've understanded this correct it means any players (despite being drafted by another team) can be invited to any camps? Wouldn't that be a big mess?

Old
02-22-2005, 11:19 AM
quartermaster29

Send a message via Yahoo to quartermaster29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertsson 4-ever
Hmm, If I've understanded this correct it means any players (despite being drafted by another team) can be invited to any camps? Wouldn't that be a big mess?
Yes. Especially if the Union decides to end the strike and go back to work.

Imagine if Walker went to play for the Leafs (I DID say imagine) and then the Union ends it's strike to go back to work. He'd have to quit with them and go back to Nashville in order to keep playing.

But once again... I could be a little mistaken on the issue.

Old
02-22-2005, 11:55 AM
darth5
Rowsdower!

I've not seen a compelte explanation of how it would work, but I would wonder if all existing contracts become null and void. Since the contracts are with the individual players and only CONFORM to the terms of the CBA by agreement with the union, I wonder if the contracts would not still be considered binding.

Another aspect I've not heard discussed much is how labor laws come into play-- If an impasse is declared, wouldn't non-citizen players for US franchises be required to have a green card? Or have many naturalized? And how would that work for Canadian based franchises, where labor laws are more stringent and unions much more prevalent?

Many questions, not so many answers...

Closed Thread