HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dancing Shawny moving

Old
04-19-2010, 07:45 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

vCash: 500
Did you guys expect anything different from jstaff and hubey? Honestly?

Dude is a great guy. Loves to talk hockey, watch it, and cheer for it. Saw him after the Flyers beat the Rays in one of the away games.

Always gives everyone a good laugh.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 09:12 PM
whatthef
Failure is an Option

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
There are 2 dudes that have orange outfits and they look exactly the same, but I've only seen them 2-3 times this year.
There are at least three guys in orange man suits. The two of them were in my section last night (201) plus I saw another one on the jumbotron early in the game (they looked pumped that someone else went for the orange man look too).

whatthef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 10:10 PM
PhillyFan4Ever

shawn has raised 315 dollars for the beard a thon second only to peter lukko with a 1000. what have you ******** done? hes a nice guy, and not some e-thug like ive met on here.

PhillyFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 10:15 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
He went to Washington Township right? I know a couple of kids that went to school with him, or at least said they did, they all said he was a pretty cool, funny guy from what they knew. They weren't really friends with him though... once again if it was actually the same kid and not just another funny fat guy named shawn lol.
Yes sir, I went to Township. He graduated I believe in 05 or 06. I was 07.

Jules, I'll be in your neck if I go to Rowan.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 10:16 PM
TheKingPin

Yea hes a cool guy. Only bad thing to come of that is one of his friends threw salsa/nachos on a pens fan and blamed it on me. But that was just a friend, not him. Hes done a nice job getting the more casual fans get into it. Always help to get that big burst of noise with about 10 minutes in the third...

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 10:16 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
Yes sir, I went to Township. He graduated I believe in 05 or 06. I was 07.

Jules, I'll be in your neck if I go to Rowan.
I'll make sure to gun for ...er... look out for ya!

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 10:19 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post
I'll make sure to gun for ...er... look out for ya!

Hopefully I don't get a ticket!

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 10:48 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
There's a joke about you being friend's with Irish somewhere in here. I'll leave it up to your imagination.

(Sorry EJ, couldn't resist, lol)
**** you Jim. I don't suck. (Can't say much about the fat part. I gotta hit the gym.)

You used to be my 1st star. Now, not so much.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 11:29 PM
FlyerCub

There's also an orange girl (with cape) in 209A...not sure if she's a STH or just a plan holder (since I have a plan and saw her at most of my games).

FlyerCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 02:07 AM
SgtJoseph

My daughter and i drove up from Fla for 2 games last season, it was her first NHL game and my first time at the Wachovia center.[ Went to the spectrum quite often when i grew up in S Jersey].Anyway we had a great time, The Flyers won both games and Shawns dancing routine was really cool !That cat had the place rocking,and i noticed also that at both games the opposing teams players were getting a kick outta watching him too.Hopefully he can make some games from time to time to do his thing, probably will be appreciated more if he is not there all the time.

SgtJoseph is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 06:42 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
**** you Jim. I don't suck. (Can't say much about the fat part. I gotta hit the gym.)

You used to be my 1st star. Now, not so much.
Haha, third star's good enough for me!

At least I didn't pull a ginger joke!

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 07:13 AM
flyfan795

Good god you people are pathetic actually thinking this garbage is entertaining.

It is just one more thing along with the whole circus like atmosphere that has ruined going to Flyers games. You go there to watch hockey not to have some annoying ******* get on the jumbotron every single break and try to sell more merchandise or watch some fat guy dance.

They need to go back to what it was before just hockey and none of that crap.

flyfan795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 07:49 AM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
I don't mind dancing Shawny, but if he's gotta go, I'll show up with my snuggy and do some sweet moves.

Kambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 07:54 AM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 200
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
Did you guys expect anything different from jstaff and hubey? Honestly?

Dude is a great guy. Loves to talk hockey, watch it, and cheer for it. Saw him after the Flyers beat the Rays in one of the away games.

Always gives everyone a good laugh.
Who are the Rays? Or do you mean the Phillies beating the Rays?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfan795 View Post
Good god you people are pathetic actually thinking this garbage is entertaining.

It is just one more thing along with the whole circus like atmosphere that has ruined going to Flyers games. You go there to watch hockey not to have some annoying ******* get on the jumbotron every single break and try to sell more merchandise or watch some fat guy dance.

Everything is commercialized, even the name of the building. What do you expect?

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 07:58 AM
JSTAFF

If you have been going to multiple games over the past couple years you simply get tired of seeing his fat ass on the screen. There are 20k people in the stadium: show some kids on the screen, some a fan that has never been to a game with face paint. Putting these people on the jumbotron will make their days/week, showing the same fat guy doing the same dance moves over and over is retarded.

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 08:01 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfan795 View Post

I agree 100% with you. I am not a fan of any of the artificial crowd stimulation that is put on during stoppages.

Going to Germany a few years back to see hockey was a breath of fresh air. During stoppages there were no cliche movie clips, no messages on the arenavision to get loud, etc. I wish that sporting events here did the same thing.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 08:13 AM
Kambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFF View Post
If you have been going to multiple games over the past couple years you simply get tired of seeing his fat ass on the screen. There are 20k people in the stadium: show some kids on the screen, some a fan that has never been to a game with face paint. Putting these people on the jumbotron will make their days/week, showing the same fat guy doing the same dance moves over and over is retarded.
We get it, you hate fat people. Honestly though, it's not his fault whoever does the jumbotron keeps putting him up there. ****, if they kept putting me up on the jumbotron, I wouldn't argue. Plus, the casual hockey fan that don't get to make it to every game, get a kick out of it. If it bothers you so much, turn your head and watch people in your section if you want to see random kids, or people with face paint.

Old
04-20-2010, 08:24 AM
JSTAFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo View Post
We get it, you hate fat people. Honestly though, it's not his fault whoever does the jumbotron keeps putting him up there. ****, if they kept putting me up on the jumbotron, I wouldn't argue. Plus, the casual hockey fan that don't get to make it to every game, get a kick out of it. If it bothers you so much, turn your head and watch people in your section if you want to see random kids, or people with face paint.
I hate young fat people, not fat people as a whole.

Old
04-20-2010, 08:49 AM
Defmincex13

i enjoy the dude. Its pretty funny that some people here are taking a personal stance on something that does not even need to effect them.

Defmincex13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 08:51 AM
JSTAFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defmincex13 View Post
i enjoy the dude. Its pretty funny that some people here are taking a personal stance on something that does not even need to effect them.
No need to bring sexual preferences into this thread really.

Old
04-20-2010, 09:00 AM
Hubey1327

I find it hilarious how people get sooo upset because of differing opinions on a fat dancing guy. Its just not my cup of tea when i think of entertainment especially when im at a hockey game.

And for pychuukuu's comment, dont be bitter cause me and jstaff took over the parent thread

Hubey1327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 09:10 AM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpaxil View Post
to maryland as i was told. a couple people were talking about it last game and i heard it again so i wonder how the rest of you feel about losing our unofficial mascot. he really helped get me through the dark year and will be missed.
he is a fat slob and a disgrace. Good riddance. He is total clwon andis no mascot in my eyes. Teh fact this clown get sany attention is beyond belief. Yeah he is who i want representing the flyers. He is almost as bad as the idiot who dresses up in his eagles spie shoulder pads (His name escapes me) who rweally thinks he is part of the team lol.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 09:14 AM
Kambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
he is a fat slob and a disgrace. Good riddance. He is total clwon andis no mascot in my eyes. Teh fact this clown get sany attention is beyond belief. Yeah he is who i want representing the flyers. He is almost as bad as the idiot who dresses up in his eagles spie shoulder pads (His name escapes me) who rweally thinks he is part of the team lol.
I don't think he's considered the mascot. I think he's really just there for entertainment.

And I think your spelling is a disgrace.

Old
04-20-2010, 09:18 AM
JSTAFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo View Post
I don't think he's considered the mascot. I think he's really just there for entertainment.

And I think your spelling is a disgrace.
I'm pretty sure NWO has an IQ around 65, but that post was still comical, reguardless of what side of the argument your on.

Old
04-20-2010, 09:24 AM
rayearth

Seriously, what is wrong with some of you? He's just a STH who dances at the breaks and they sometimes show him on the scoreboard. That's it. As far as I know, he's not comped or paid by the team or official in any capacity. You guys need to relax.

rayearth is offline   Reply With Quote