HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Dancing Shawny moving

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-20-2010, 09:28 AM
  #76
pelts35.com
Registered User
 
pelts35.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 11,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayearth View Post
Seriously, what is wrong with some of you? He's just a STH who dances at the breaks and they sometimes show him on the scoreboard. That's it. As far as I know, he's not comped or paid by the team or official in any capacity. You guys need to relax.

Frankly I don't blame him, I blame the Flyers in-game entertainment staff. Although I do find it somewhat comical how he gets annoyed when another fan has the "audacity" to dance in front of him and takes the spotlight (in his case a searchlight) off of him.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 09:28 AM
  #77
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFF View Post
I'm pretty sure NWO has an IQ around 65, but that post was still comical, reguardless of what side of the argument your on.
How are you pretty sure i have an IQ of around 65?

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 09:32 AM
  #78
rayearth
Registered User
 
rayearth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
Frankly I don't blame him, I blame the Flyers in-game entertainment staff. Although I do find it somewhat comical how he gets annoyed when another fan has the "audacity" to dance in front of him and takes the spotlight (in his case a searchlight) off of him.
I try to pay as little attention to the random stupid stuff going on as much as possible but I do find Shawny amusing as most of the fans do.

rayearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 09:55 AM
  #79
JSTAFF
Registered User
 
JSTAFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayearth View Post
Seriously, what is wrong with some of you? He's just a STH who dances at the breaks and they sometimes show him on the scoreboard. That's it. As far as I know, he's not comped or paid by the team or official in any capacity. You guys need to relax.

Irish, you have to admit that this guy looks scary similar to you.

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 09:59 AM
  #80
pelts35.com
Registered User
 
pelts35.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 11,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayearth View Post
I try to pay as little attention to the random stupid stuff going on as much as possible but I do find Shawny amusing as most of the fans do.
I guess I don't find an obese guy girating all of his funk to the music amusing or entertaining. But again, I don't blame the guy for dancing so I don't have any negative feelings about him.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 10:29 AM
  #81
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!
 
DeadPhish5858's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: the Shade
Country: United States
Posts: 13,476
vCash: 200
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayearth View Post
Seriously, what is wrong with some of you? He's just a STH who dances at the breaks and they sometimes show him on the scoreboard. That's it. As far as I know, he's not comped or paid by the team or official in any capacity. You guys need to relax.
He used to work for the Phantoms as the on ice announcer until they moved. Also, I remember hearing he was given the tickets by the Flyers, but I cant prove it or anything.

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 10:39 AM
  #82
rayearth
Registered User
 
rayearth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPhish5858 View Post
He used to work for the Phantoms as the on ice announcer until they moved. Also, I remember hearing he was given the tickets by the Flyers, but I cant prove it or anything.
As of a couple years ago at least, they weren't.

Interview here.
http://www.phillysportsforums.com/fo...p?t-18542.html

rayearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 11:18 AM
  #83
captainpaxil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 2,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFF View Post
I'm pretty sure NWO has an IQ around 65, but that post was still comical, reguardless of what side of the argument your on.
iq is meaningless im twice that and still cant figure out the shift key

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 11:39 AM
  #84
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFF View Post
Irish, you have to admit that this guy looks scary similar to you.
Yea... almost died from this comment...

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 11:44 AM
  #85
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayearth View Post
Seriously, what is wrong with some of you? He's just a STH who dances at the breaks and they sometimes show him on the scoreboard. That's it. As far as I know, he's not comped or paid by the team or official in any capacity. You guys need to relax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFF View Post
Irish, you have to admit that this guy looks scary similar to you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Yea... almost died from this comment...
Seriously? I'm 6'6. Not some short dumpy guy doing a weird strut when he could be saving time rolling instead of walking.

6'6 with a beer gut does not look like that picture.

Thanks anyway, shortSTAFF

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 01:16 PM
  #86
Jack101
Registered User
 
Jack101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 24
vCash: 500
Anyone have a pic of this fat slob guy? Does he wear sweats and a gravy stained t-shirt to the games?

Jack101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 01:42 PM
  #87
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American
 
JLHockeyKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Central Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,439
vCash: 500
Meh, whatever. Good for him. He dances for a minute for each home game in the 3rd and gets season tickets out of it. Sounds like an awesome deal to me.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 01:52 PM
  #88
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!
 
DeadPhish5858's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: the Shade
Country: United States
Posts: 13,476
vCash: 200
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack101 View Post
Anyone have a pic of this fat slob guy? Does he wear sweats and a gravy stained t-shirt to the games?
Not very good, but you can get the idea.


DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 02:19 PM
  #89
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American
 
JLHockeyKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Central Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,439
vCash: 500
I don't see why a lot of people have problems with fat, dancing slobs at sporting events.


JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 02:27 PM
  #90
Joey Mac
Registered User
 
Joey Mac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,007
vCash: 500
he's garbage, hate it when he does his dumb dance

Joey Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 03:46 PM
  #91
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,203
vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Mac View Post
he's garbage, hate it when he does his dumb dance
Because showing little kids waving at the camera or other fat drunks just putting their arms up and yelling is so much better. They should just burn this guy at the stake because of how horrible of a person and fan he is for dancing at the game! What a waste of life he is for being enthusiastic about the team and trying to make people laugh! I hope he never comes back to Philly because of what a disgrace of a human being he is!



...sarcasm...

I can't believe people have such hatred toward a Flyers fan who dances at games. I find this whole thing very strange.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 03:54 PM
  #92
Hubey1327
Registered User
 
Hubey1327's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Penn State
Posts: 1,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Because showing little kids waving at the camera or other fat drunks just putting their arms up and yelling is so much better. They should just burn this guy at the stake because of how horrible of a person and fan he is for dancing at the game! What a waste of life he is for being enthusiastic about the team and trying to make people laugh! I hope he never comes back to Philly because of what a disgrace of a human being he is!



...sarcasm...

I can't believe people have such hatred toward a Flyers fan who dances at games. I find this whole thing very strange.
Actually your exactly right. Showing kids on the big screen or even the benches and coatsey would be better. Let the kids get the spotlight, make their days or weeks and give them a memory instead of some fat slob who gets angry when someone jumps in front of him and steals his camera time. Maybe its just me but thats not entertainment. Maybe at a bar to give me something to laugh at but thats even a maybe.

Hubey1327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 04:10 PM
  #93
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,203
vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubey1327 View Post
Actually your exactly right. Showing kids on the big screen or even the benches and coatsey would be better. Let the kids get the spotlight, make their days or weeks and give them a memory instead of some fat slob who gets angry when someone jumps in front of him and steals his camera time. Maybe its just me but thats not entertainment. Maybe at a bar to give me something to laugh at but thats even a maybe.
The kids get on their plenty. The guy gets what? 20-30 seconds of time per period (if not per game). He's just having a good time and people enjoy it. Especially people who don't go to a lot of games and think he is just a guy dancing that gets on. It's just a fun thing that happens at games. Sheesh.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 04:13 PM
  #94
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW
 
ShawnTHW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 8,870
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
The kids get on their plenty. The guy gets what? 20-30 seconds of time per period (if not per game). He's just having a good time and people enjoy it. Especially people who don't go to a lot of games and think he is just a guy dancing that gets on. It's just a fun thing that happens at games. Sheesh.
You are arguing with men who have no souls. Men who have no laughter in their lives

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 04:43 PM
  #95
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American
 
JLHockeyKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Central Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
You are arguing with men who have no souls. Men who have no laughter in their lives
That's not true, Irish is the only poster in this thread that has no soul.

If everyone keeps setting them up, I'll just keep knocking them down.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 04:55 PM
  #96
tuckrr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,543
vCash: 500
NOOOOO

me and my friends look forward to the 3rd period just for him!

tuckrr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 05:04 PM
  #97
F L Y E R S
Orange & Black
 
F L Y E R S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,427
vCash: 500
I don't dislike the guy, just wished he wore a new shirt from time to time. How that thing doesn't have holes in it, is some kind of miracle. Maybe he's got 20 of them stashed in his house, who knows?

F L Y E R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 05:08 PM
  #98
tuckrr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,543
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Because showing little kids waving at the camera or other fat drunks just putting their arms up and yelling is so much better. They should just burn this guy at the stake because of how horrible of a person and fan he is for dancing at the game! What a waste of life he is for being enthusiastic about the team and trying to make people laugh! I hope he never comes back to Philly because of what a disgrace of a human being he is!



...sarcasm...

I can't believe people have such hatred toward a Flyers fan who dances at games. I find this whole thing very strange.
these are forums, PHILADELPHIA forums...people on here will bash santa to helen keller, hell these people will make fun of 9/11 or the holocaust, they hate everything.

tuckrr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 06:04 PM
  #99
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American
 
JLHockeyKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Central Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
these are forums, PHILADELPHIA forums...people on here will bash santa to helen keller, hell these people will make fun of 9/11 or the holocaust, they hate everything.
Just because you caused the holocaust and 9/11 doesn't mean you should bash Philadelphia
Posted via Mobile Device

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 08:08 AM
  #100
JSTAFF
Registered User
 
JSTAFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
NOOOOO

me and my friends look forward to the 3rd period just for him!
Perhaps you should use that money you spent on tickets for a hooker. It would most likely be more beneficial.

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:15 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.