HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Fukufuji vrs. Chouinard

Closed Thread

Old
02-20-2005, 01:41 AM
Tadite

vCash: 500
Fukufuji vrs. Chouinard

On Sat Bakersfield played San Diego. Which gave the rare opportunity to see two would-be Kings goalies play each other head to head in a real game (yes I know Chouinard is now gone).

As the NHL is now completely gone I decided I needed to see some hockey and this was as close to the Kings as I am going to get. Anyway it was a good game but I really can't say anything about the talent level of either of these players.

Fukufuji got rocked with 7 goals. Chouinard gave up 3. Honestly Bakersfield didn't seem to understand they where in a hockey game till the 2nd period. So I can't really blame Fuku for just how bad he got destroyed by San Diego. The strange thing is that he had murdered the Gulls this season.

He seemed to take it Purdy hard and Bakersfield players where going up to him clearly saying that it was ok and these things happen.

So if you ask who I would take I would still put my money on Fukufuji over Chouinard.

Old
02-21-2005, 02:49 AM
washie

Our coach said he (Fuk's) could be up to the AHL next season if he still does well this season. So they must see some thing in him.

Old
02-21-2005, 03:10 AM
AnThGrt

Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
Yup i heard that to and everyone who has seen him has only spoken good of him. That would be sweet having an Asian golie or is it Japanese

Old
02-21-2005, 10:27 AM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnThGrt
Yup i heard that to and everyone who has seen him has only spoken good of him. That would be sweet having an Asian golie or is it Japanese
Its Japanese.

Old
02-21-2005, 04:56 PM
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL

vCash: 50
He cant be any worse then Hauser was Saturday night, giving up a 180 footer where from what i understand didnt even move on, almost like he was daydreaming or something. But with a name like he has i wonder how he has dealt with the ribbing and taunting from fans.

Old
02-21-2005, 05:02 PM
AnThGrt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
He cant be any worse then Hauser was Saturday night, giving up a 180 footer where from what i understand didnt even move on, almost like he was daydreaming or something. But with a name like he has i wonder how he has dealt with the ribbing and taunting from fans.
Well i'll be glad to let you know Hauser is doing better then Garon right now and is in the top of the AHL yet that means nothing guess. Ya his name is awesome though

Old
02-21-2005, 09:10 PM
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnThGrt
Well i'll be glad to let you know Hauser is doing better then Garon right now and is in the top of the AHL yet that means nothing guess. Ya his name is awesome though
Yeah for the most part Hauser has been great. Hes had his poor moments like Saturday night but that night no one really showed up anyway. Hauser responded with a very good showing against Lowell on Sunday. Garon in my opinion has been nothing short of ordinary since he has gotten here. Maybe he really doesnt want to be here or thinks he does belong in Manchester. Maybe with the NHL season officially dead he will step it up. He also has NOT shown he is ready to replace Chechmanek has the #1 in LA.

Old
02-22-2005, 03:13 PM
B-MEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
Yeah for the most part Hauser has been great. Hes had his poor moments like Saturday night but that night no one really showed up anyway. Hauser responded with a very good showing against Lowell on Sunday. Garon in my opinion has been nothing short of ordinary since he has gotten here. Maybe he really doesnt want to be here or thinks he does belong in Manchester. Maybe with the NHL season officially dead he will step it up. He also has NOT shown he is ready to replace Chechmanek has the #1 in LA.
This is the 1st negative post about garon, I have seen. I guess his all-star selection was a mistake then?

Old
02-22-2005, 03:51 PM
AnThGrt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin Man
This is the 1st negative post about garon, I have seen. I guess his all-star selection was a mistake then?
What you have to realize is he is playing on the #1 team in the AHL you'd expect him to be #1 and 90% of the other golies are all younger meaning they can still grow and be better. Garon has done good yet as stated above i agree he hasn't shown me he deserves to take any #1 spot on our roster when NHL starts

Closed Thread