HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lappy and Carter (May 22: probable for Game 4 at Montreal), Boucher, etc.

Old
04-20-2010, 11:06 PM
PhillyFan4Ever

vCash: 500
Lappy and Carter (May 22: probable for Game 4 at Montreal), Boucher, etc.

from CSNPHILLY.com

http://www.csnphilly.com/04/20/10/Fl...022&feedID=704

Quote:
The victory was costly as Simon Gagne suffered a fractured toe, according to sources, after blocking two shots in the second period. He was X-rayed and will undergo additional testing on Wednesday, according to general manager Paul Holmgren, to determine his future availability

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 05-22-2010 at 12:10 PM.
PhillyFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 11:08 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1860
Anthony's article as well:

http://anthonysintheroom.blogspot.com/

Quote:
I was able to procure from a team source that Simon Gagne did in fact have x-rays taken on his right foot and a fractured toe was discovered.

He will be reevaluated today and will likely be considered day-to-day right up until game time for Game 5 Thursday.

If Gagne can't go, look for Ville Leino to be brought into the lineup and a line shuffling to follow.

Gagne took a slapper from Brian Rolston off his foot on a Devils' power play in the second period. and never returned to the ice.

Jeff Carter also took a puck to the leg, it came from a Chris Pronger slapper and actually ended up in the net for Carter's second goal, but only took one more shift that lasted 33 seconds and didn't play again afterward.

Carter said he's fine and that the puck hit off his shin pad, but that may have been a bit misleading as the puck seemed to hit him higher up the leg in a spot with little or no padding.

Carter is already playing on a fractured foot and will certainly play through this as well.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 11:10 PM
Garbage Goal

I'm more worried about Carter. We need him badly.

Leino can replace Gagne, who wasn't playing too well anyway. Not too big a deal there, especially considering how minor Gagne's injury is.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 11:13 PM
PhillyFan4Ever

put giroux back on richards /carcillo. thats what im concerned with. gagne has been complimenting those 2

PhillyFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 11:19 PM
MikeHooligan

Send a message via AIM to MikeHooligan
i dont know if id say gags has been playing badly, hes just snake-bitten again. im worried about what this does to our PK unit, with the way the refs are calling this series.... =/

MikeHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 11:22 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHooligan View Post
i dont know if id say gags has been playing badly, hes just snake-bitten again. im worried about what this does to our PK unit, with the way the refs are calling this series.... =/
Hopefully we end these shenanigans quickly so Gags can rest.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 11:25 PM
MikeHooligan

agreed, with any luck he quietly sits game 5 while the rest of the team prepares marty for retirement....

Old
04-20-2010, 11:34 PM
Scoopyten

Guess if Gagne can't go we'll see Leino. Bad break-no pun intended. Hopefully, if he's out they will still be generating chances like they have in the last 2 games.

Scoopyten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 11:36 PM
BlackAces*

I am a Pens fan who comes in peace.

Just wanted to say, I have always liked Gagne, and it is a shame he seems to have horrible injury luck.

Hopefully he heals quick.

Last edited by BlackAces*: 04-20-2010 at 11:42 PM.
BlackAces* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 11:36 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Honestly, I'm excited to see what Leino's got, though I wish it was under different circumstances (i.e. Hartnell).

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 11:39 PM
MikeHooligan

true, i mean where is our luck? if anyone had to go down why couldnt it be that oaf? that caveman is taking up way too much ice time from players who actually want to contribute. i hope they can get him to waive that NTC...

Old
04-20-2010, 11:41 PM
claude boivin lives
flat out spectacular

If Gags is out but Carter's in...I suppose I'd fine with just moving Leino right into Gagne's spot. But if things were to be switched up...

JVR-Richards-Giroux
Leino-Carter-Briere
Hartnell-Powe-Asham
Carcillo-Betts-Laperriere

I guess maybe it's hard to put Carcillo and his Midas touch down on the 4th right now...but I like those lines. They've all been good together previously.

And Giroux and Powe can pick up Gagne's PK slack...shouldn't be too much to worry about there. Well, that is if we don't wind up being penalized another 37 times next game.

Also, as I was just saying in the GDT...the bright side is, Leino deserves to be playing as it is, so it'll be nice to see him get a shot.

claude boivin lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 11:43 PM
RIPRichardsCarter

I mean how serious is a broken toe? I'm sure he can/will play through it.

RIPRichardsCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 11:45 PM
BlackAces*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker912 View Post
I mean how serious is a broken toe? I'm sure he can/will play through it.
If it is the big toe, probably pretty darn painful.

Likely just a pain tolerance thing, but hopefully it doesn't keep him out for long.

Old
04-20-2010, 11:47 PM
MikeHooligan

shots! shots! shots! i mean....... hopefully he just gets it numbed and plays through it...

Old
04-20-2010, 11:51 PM
BlackAces*

Yeah, probably. I have had turf toe, and I could not believe how painful that was. I could not push off at all on my big toe.

Old
04-21-2010, 12:08 AM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAces View Post
Yeah, probably. I have had turf toe, and I could not believe how painful that was. I could not push off at all on my big toe.
As silly as the injury sounds on paper, big toe injuries are extremely serious. Turf toe derails HoF careers in football.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 12:13 AM
BlackAces*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
As silly as the injury sounds on paper, big toe injuries are extremely serious. Turf toe derails HoF careers in football.
Yeah, I had the most mild degree of it, and it was still extremely painful.

I couldn't believe how much pain I was in.

I can only imagine what a really bad case would feel like, no doubt in my mind it would be enough to make you want to retire if it didn't heal properly.

Old
04-21-2010, 12:15 AM
Mr Oysterhead

Count me in with those who are at least mildly excited to see what Leino can bring. I like his game in the limited action I've seen him in.

Hopefully Gags isn't hurt too bad. Maybe some time off will help him find his scoring touch again

Mr Oysterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 12:32 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAces View Post
I am a Pens fan who comes in peace.

Just wanted to say, I have always liked Gagne, and it is a shame he seems to have horrible injury luck.

Hopefully he heals quick.
hit the road BA

Unfortunately Gags doesn't heal quickly. Despite his lack of numbers, he's been playing very well...he's great in Lavy's forecheck heavy system.

Hopefully a little rest, and some adrenaline will get him back on the ice...but I'm sure his speed will suffer

sobrien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 01:25 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
its too bad he got hurt. Toe injuries can really suck. It will be a pain tolerance for him no doubt. that skate is gonna get wacked, slashed ect. how he deals with the pain will be something to watch if he does indeed play.
I am not worried about Carter. He took one off the shinpad. He will be fine IMO.
Gagne should have at least 2 goals in this series. the iron shot in game 3 and Brodeurs sick save in game 4.

GoneFullHextall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 03:18 AM
mypunkrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by claude boivin lives View Post
If Gags is out but Carter's in...I suppose I'd fine with just moving Leino right into Gagne's spot. But if things were to be switched up...

JVR-Richards-Giroux
Leino-Carter-Briere
Hartnell-Powe-Asham
Carcillo-Betts-Laperriere

I guess maybe it's hard to put Carcillo and his Midas touch down on the 4th right now...but I like those lines. They've all been good together previously.

And Giroux and Powe can pick up Gagne's PK slack...shouldn't be too much to worry about there. Well, that is if we don't wind up being penalized another 37 times next game.

Also, as I was just saying in the GDT...the bright side is, Leino deserves to be playing as it is, so it'll be nice to see him get a shot.
Only thing with JvR is that he hasn't played big minutes yet. I could see Hartnell being bumped up over him for just that reason. Giroux-Briere has worked very well in the past. Maybe they bring in someone for the fourth line if both Carter and Gags can't go.

I worry more about Gagne's skating, between the previous injuries and now his toe, I'm sure his balance will be off, and he won't be able to make some sharp cuts.

mypunkrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 06:25 AM
Scoopyten

Fox 29 reporting Carter/Gagne both break bones in foot.

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/sport...ured_In_Game_4
Quote:
PHILADELPHIA - The Flyers have a commanding 3-1 lead on the New Jersey Devils in their first-round playoff series, but it may have come with a hefty price.

Two big names were injured, and it doesn't look good.

The first big injury came in the second period when Simon Gagne was hit by a shot.

Sources close to the situation tell Fox 29 Sports that Gagne has a broken foot and is out indefinitely.

It's the same situation for Jeff Carter, who took a shot in the third period. The same sources say it's a broken foot.

Carter had just returned to the lineup after breaking his foot back on March 21. He had a big night Tuesday before the injury, scoring two goals.

The Flyers will try to clinch the series Thursday night in New Jersey.

At 7:20 a.m., big Flyers fan Dr. Mike joins "Good Day" with more on what exactly the injuries mean for recovery time.

Scoopyten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 06:28 AM
ilovetheflyers8

If both Gagne and Carter are out, who do we call up? What forwards are in active reserve?

ilovetheflyers8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 06:33 AM
chaosof99*

According to the reporting I have heard, Gagne has a broken toe, not a broken foot. That source is Comcast Philadelphia and since Comcast owns the Flyers, I'd take their word over any Fox affiliate.

According to Anthony J. SanFilippo, Carter took one off the shin-pad and stayed out for precautionary reasons.

Also, there already is a thread about this where you could read this yourself.

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote